Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 6:13:36 PM EDT

Knock knock
"ROCKFORD, Ill. — The anger spread almost as quickly as the news: an unarmed black man was fatally shot by two white police officers inside a northern Illinois church-run day care filled with children."

"Authorities say the officers and Barmore struggled over a police gun, leading both officers to shoot. Witnesses, however, including the Rev. Melvin Brown's wife and teenage daughter, say Barmore came out of a storage closet where he had hidden and surrendered, but police shot him anyway in front of young children."

"His father, Anthony Stevens, has felt overwhelmed, particularly as he recalled seeing the lifeless body of his son — a father and aspiring rapper."

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
if you try to grab a cops gun dont be surprised if you get shot.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Every hoodlum is an aspiring rapper.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I work on the west side of Rockford every few weeks.It's the only 3 stops on our route we FLY to get finished with!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting article.

One thing that stuck in my mind was this.

North, 47, a 22-year Rockford police veteran, shot someone in 2003. Poole, 37, who also won a 2007 medal of honor for saving children from a burning building, had shot three people, one fatally, in his five years with Rockford. Grand juries found all incidents justified.

Makes one go Hmmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
In all honesty it doesn't surprise me its Rockford........(the items you enhanced )
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Knock knock
"ROCKFORD, Ill. — The anger spread almost as quickly as the news: an unarmed black man was fatally shot by two white police officers inside a northern Illinois church-run day care filled with children."

"Authorities say the officers and Barmore struggled over a police gun, leading both officers to shoot. Witnesses, however, including the Rev. Melvin Brown's wife and teenage daughter, say Barmore came out of a storage closet where he had hidden and surrendered, but police shot him anyway in front of young children."

"His father, Anthony Stevens, has felt overwhelmed, particularly as he recalled seeing the lifeless body of his son — a father and aspiring rapper."

More cops shooting in places they shouldn't.

I know they want this story to be about the "bad guy" it makes everybody feel better.
But the public spends too much money to be able to send their kids to day care with out the fear of gun fights braking out.
The Police culture in this country is completely nuts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Did this happen on a bus?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And even if you didn't try and grab it don't be surprised if they claim you did.

Enough video has made it's way around the internet in the last decade displaying
LEO criminality and perfidy  that any claim made by LEO that is not corroborated by
evidence they cannot touch and taint must now be considered suspect at best.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#10]
West side of Rockford has some rough neighborhoods.  
I know I don't envy the officers tasked with keeping the peace there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
West side of Rockford has some rough neighborhoods.  

That's an understatement! West of the river is not a good area.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#12]
why don't they aspire to work instead of rap?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
why don't they aspire to work instead of rap?

Needs no skill sets
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Damn trigger-happy bastards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top