Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 10:27:54 AM EDT

FWIW,

Obama has now scrapped a LONG-TERM commitment to defending our military allies in Europe (remember Poland was mocked by Kerry for being one of the few nations who militarily supported our own troops in finishing the Gulf War that Saddam started).

And WHY!?

Well because PRESENTLY... IRAN does not APPEAR to have the capability of threatening or destroying our allies - even though they WANT to and continue to work to develop that capability.

IOW, based on our limited knowledge... of ONE dangerous nation's capabilities.... TODAY......  we're going to just scrap our long-term strategy of providing deterrence and defense of our military and political allies against the growing alliance of Iran and Russia that continues to grow closer all the time.

That's like thinking - gee, no one's coming to rob my house or mug me RIGHT NOW - so why should I lock my doors at night or own a gun for self-defense?
No, Obama is NOT a deep-thinker - he's a shallow, vapid, narrow-thinking FOOL who is ignorant of the tragic history of appeasers and those who (even appear to) lower their defenses against the hostile growing threats like Iran.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You just now figured that out?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I never said I was a deep-thinker either.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh brother. I thought that BUSH was at the shallow end of the brain pool and Obama was the mental giant.

Isn't that what we kept hearing before the election?

Thank goodness we didn't elect Palin for president.

Oh, she was only running for the VP slot?

Oops.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never said I was a deep-thinker either.

Me either. Makes my head hurt.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, duh!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If oblama even knows how to play chess, I'd be fucking jaw/floor amazed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I just finished playing my computer 6 games of chess with the preferences set to EASY - I lost all 6 games.....
I like chess but I suck at it!
And now when I'm feeling low you compare me Obummer.......
Kick a guy when he's down....
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

And WHY!?

Well because PRESENTLY... IRAN does not APPEAR to have the capability of threatening or destroying our allies - even though they WANT to and continue to work to develop that capability.

By the way Mac,

I believe you are wrong about the why.

I believe GE is the reason why.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't under estimate the Devil. He just spends his deep thinking time plotting a take over this country.

You aint seen nuthin' yet. He and his czars are gonna make the Clintons look like choir boys.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Questioning oBunghole's intellect could be underestimating your opposition.

It's not that the man is stupid it's that he's a Marxist who wants to destroy the American system to bring about a communist revolution.

But yes looking at his actions from the standpoint of rationality and he looks like a gigantic big eared fool.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Is he smart? Probably. Definitely a bookworm.  
Is he an asshole?  Absolutely!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The more I ponder on Obama, the more I think he's a figurehead, a front-man for his backers.

I don't think he's stupid, far from it.  Certainly his backers are long-term strategic thinkers, and Obama has plenty of very good tactically adept political types to help him.

Some, or even most of what he is doing, and plans to do may seem stupid, but only if you don't happen to share his value system, which is to say, the value system of his bosses.

Now, I can only guess at Obama's motivations, but I suspect that reverence for the Constitution and maintaining the position of the US as the world's pre-eminent power are not high priorities for him, and more importantly, his backers.  It is they who call the tune, and Obama who calls out the marching orders to the rank-and-file.

Can't prove a word of it, of course, and YMMV.  Some day, maybe years from know, we'll know the truth of it.

Oh we all know he's a lying Marxist who hates America and thinks we need to be brought to our knees before "the world community" for all our capitalistic crimes.

But telling the bald-faced truth is too hostile-sounding to make "moderates" to want to hear any more.

So on the off chance that most "moderates" don't buy into such hostile-thinking that would lead them to the truth (most moderates are disinterested in politics and abhor confrontation and so they mentally shut down whenever there's a hint of extremism or righteous anger displayed by either side) I put forth this observation in my OP just to challenge even THAT misguided notion that Obama is a thoughtful intellectual among the moderates in the crowd.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If oblama even knows how to play chess, I'd be fucking jaw/floor amazed.

Why would a BLACK man like Obama play a game where the WHITE pieces ALWAYS get to go FIRST.  Chess is RACIST.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the condensed version:"He's an Idiot."
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#16]
If he ever learns to count he could play a mean game of monoply !
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I think he is not a fool.  He is in league with the enemy........
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And WHY!?

By the way Mac,

I believe you are wrong about the why.

I believe GE is the reason why.

Okay, I'm intrigued and listening. Can you explain this more?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#19]
The man is dangerous.  Do not underestimate him.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#20]
What really pisses me off about the whole thing is that in 1979 Poland got a bunch of Americans out of Iran who would have otherwise been taken hostage by the mullahs.  We owe them for that, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top