Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:39:26 PM EDT
I was out walking my dog, leaving a neighborhood as a couple of assholes in a little riced-out Honda squeal around the corner at ridiculous speed. They didnt even take the corner in their lane, but cut across the other lane, and clipped the curb on the way in. If I had been a few paces further down the sidewalk, my dog would have gotten nailed at full speed.

ANYWAY

I turned around and walked back into the neighborhood, and I saw where these assholes parked.

What do you think?

Leave a note, along with the piece of plastic that broke off their car?

Just the plastic piece? Leave it on the doorstep with a nasty note?

Something else entirely?

Lets not get this thread locked by being silly enough to actually come out and advocate anything illegal. As someone else on here once said, anyone with an IQ over 40 can make his point without resorting to a COC violation.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing eh?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If you leave a note you'll probably get the cops called on you for harassment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Got any fresh dog poo?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Sue them
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you leave a note you'll probably get the cops called on you for harassment.

True. Leave well enough alone, just be glad you weren't there. They won't care if you leave a note.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Slash the tires.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Slash the tires.

So much for the "IQ over 40 not advocating any illegal activity" talk...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sprinkle some roofing tacks in front of the car. Oops, dropped the damn box. Guess I didn't get them all....
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Go knock on their door and tell them that you are very angry. Also, tell them if they do it again that you will write them a letter expressing your anger.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slash the tires.

So much for the "IQ over 40 not advocating any illegal activity" talk...

if anything, remove the valve stem from a couple tires and call it a night.  But, i voted just forget about it.  They see you messing with their car in anyway and you are likely to get hit with a glock fotay.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
You should make a movie about all the times you've almost died while walking your dog.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Do they live with their parents?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You should make a movie about all the times you've almost died while walking your dog.

I know right. Coyote encounter, creepy man in the woods, and now bad teenage drivers.

Maybe I should walk her during the day

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Man,

My Mom and my Dad take the dogs for walks every evening and I can recall multiple incidents when teenages have screamed vulgarities at them as they drive by. You don't know pain until your father tells you someone called your mom a bitch for no reason and you could not jump those suburban teenage heads until their was nothing left but a bloody pulp.

Just my 2 cents

BN
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

most likely. this isnt the type of neighborhood where kids would live alone
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#17]
It sure would suck for them to wake up tomorrow and find all four tires had been slashed.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sprinkle some roofing tacks in front of the car. Oops, dropped the damn box. Guess I didn't get them all....

cough..dfljtdflhldkfibkdsm....cough....

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
you just walked your dog.  what did your dog do while you walked it?  theres your answer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Poor gasoline on the car and light it on fire?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like you need to teach your dog how to blade at a 45.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Let me hijack this thread for a bit,

Years ago when I was working Field Crew (Mobile Maintenance)  I stopped to help a lady that had a car sitting in her office parking lot, the car had four flat tires. I had an air compressor on my truck so I did her a favor and aired her tires up. I checked the tires all over and couldn't find any leaks

The next day I drove by the office and I was surprised to see her car sitting on four flat tires again. I filled the tires up and really looked every thing over and still couldn't find any leaks. By chance I happened to look at one of the valve stem caps before I put it back on. To my surprise I found a BB glued inside the cap. I check the other caps and sure enough; BBs glued in each of the caps.

Apparently the BBs would depress the valve stem core just enough to cause a very small (but hard to detect) air leak that would slowly deflate the tires.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Man,

My Mom and my Dad take the dogs for walks every evening and I can recall multiple incidents when teenages have screamed vulgarities at them as they drive by. You don't know pain until your father tells you someone called your mom a bitch for no reason and you could not jump those suburban teenage heads until their was nothing left but a bloody pulp.

Just my 2 cents
BN

"Multiple times" sounds like a pattern to me, as in often.  I think I'd have to follow the folks in a vehicle a few times.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sue them

Do it.

Your honor, the noise alone almost gave me a heart attack and I fear I may be deaf.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Draw down
Blade at 45
???????
Profit
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

most likely. this isnt the type of neighborhood where kids would live alone

Keep the piece you found.  Bring it to the house tomorrow.  If it's not the parents house,  they'll probably tell you who is and also drop the dime on the drivers antics to friends parents.  Then take the piece to the parents house with you.  Mention in passing you don't appreciate almost being run over and future issues might involve law enforcement.

Serve two purposes:
1.  Places the parents on notice about their kid and they have the option to deal with it.  Enables parents to extert force that you can't and can make home life difficult for the teens.
2.  If parents are ineffective, you can tell the police you've addressed it with the parents previously,  but the issue hasn't been resolved.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#27]
i would leave the piece of plastic alone.  you don't want them to accuse you of ripping it off the car.  you can call the police depo and let them know of a known speeder in your 'hood.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Eggs and mayonnaise+bologna, they will never know it is you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was out walking my dog, leaving a neighborhood as a couple of assholes in a little riced-out Honda squeal around the corner at ridiculous speed. They didnt even take the corner in their lane, but cut across the other lane, and clipped the curb on the way in. If I had been a few paces further down the sidewalk, my dog would have gotten nailed at full speed.

ANYWAY

I turned around and walked back into the neighborhood, and I saw where these assholes parked.

What do you think?

Something else entirely?

Lets not get this thread locked by being silly enough to actually come out and advocate anything illegal. As someone else on here once said, anyone with an IQ over 40 can make his point without resorting to a COC violation.

You could always do what my dad did with dipshits on motorcycles....kept screaming up and down the street.  Almost hit my sister the third time    He called the cops, they were busy...so he asked them a question.  "What would happen if I backed my 1 ton dually out of my driveway and they happened to hit it?"  The bs streetbike racing stopped,  that night."

In your case?  I'd take the piece down to the police station and explain the situation, and just ask them to return the missing part of the vehicle.  It'll give them a laugh...and they will be aware.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#30]
What I would do would be a CoC violation, but Id make sure to not get cought. And it deffinatly wouldnt involve fucking with there car, that something you just dont do
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#31]
1. Go buy some chicken

2. Eat the chicken

3. ...

4. Where was I going with this?

5. Profit!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#32]
This is why I'm a firm believer in kids having to be 18 before even being able to THINK about driving! I know, it's nice for the parents to not have to haul them all over when they get that age, but I still believe is a big responsibility that most 16 year old kids aren't ready for.

In 1996, my Grandmother bought a brand new, loaded, V-8 Ford Thunderbird right off the showroom floor. She drove it to get groceries and to get her hair done, up until about 2003. It sat until 2006, when she no longer drove. She gave it to me as a "winter car", because I had a '04 GTO at the time. A 16 year old kid that had his drivers license for just over 1 week decided to run a stop sign at 50MPH to impress his girlfriend. The old T-Bird broadsided him as a result. Luckily, no one was severely hurt, except for my Ford. It had 22,xxx miles on it, and was PRISTINE! The best part was that I owned it.

OP, glad to hear you weren't made a statistic tonight. I say leave a note on the car, or on the house. I'm sure his parents would like to know about it. (Although, in this day and age, they would probably turn on you for talkin' about their "baby"
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

ANYWAY

What do you think?

Something else entirely?

I can't believe this hasn't gotten posted yet.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Burn that motherfucker to the ground.

Then go after the family.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Once upon a time... in some land somewhere... some guy I may or may not know had the same problem.

He took it upon himself to leave a note... to no avail.

He took it upon himself to ask the LEO's... to no avail.

He took it upon himself to call the parents of the teens driving the car... to no avail.

He then may or may not have taken it upon himself to take a piece of plywood, and with some spray paint write "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN NOW!!!!" on it, and screw it on to the hood of said teen's car with no less than a dozen 3" deck screws.

He also may or may not have slashed all of the tires.

He may or may not have found the solution to his problem

The end.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Take a pic of the intact piece of plastic, print.

Melt the plastic, form into a skull and place both on doorstep.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

lamo
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

lamo

I really hate that saying, but in this instance............

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#41]

DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS?!?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Got any fresh dog poo?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I chased one down the street with my 4ft snap on prybar, Didnt see him speeding anymore.

Not really chased him With the prybar, it just happened to be in my hand while I was working on something.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Years ago when I was working Field Crew (Mobile Maintenance)  I stopped to help a lady that had a car sitting in her office parking lot, the car had four flat tires. I had an air compressor on my truck so I did her a favor and aired her tires up. I checked the tires all over and couldn't find any leaks

The next day I drove by the office and I was surprised to see her car sitting on four flat tires again. I filled the tires up and really looked every thing over and still couldn't find any leaks. By chance I happened to look at one of the valve stem caps before I put it back on. To my surprise I found a BB glued inside the cap. I check the other caps and sure enough; BBs glued in each of the caps.

Apparently the BBs would depress the valve stem core just enough to cause a very small (but hard to detect) air leak that would slowly deflate the tires.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Leave a steamer on his hood.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Burn that motherfucker to the ground.

Then go after the family.

I like it!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Meh,.. I dunno, teenagers can make your life hell. Eventually he'll fuck his car up and you probably will never see him again.

Or you can bang his sister.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]
No need to write a letter because there is nothing you can do. The problem if you have not noticed is:

Texans

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Leave a note with the piece of plastic telling them to go back to California/New York.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top