Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 11:25:14 AM EDT
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE), the sports entertainment company behind shows such as “Friday Night SmackDown and RAW,” said Wednesday that Linda McMahon has resigned as its CEO to seek the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat now held by Connecticut Democrat Christopher Dodd.

Linda McMahon, 60, formally announced her candidacy Wednesday morning. She said Washington is “out of control” and Dodd has “lost his way and our trust.” Dodd plans to run for a sixth term next year. WWE has shows such as “Raw” and “Friday Night SmackDown” and pay per views which generate a huge audience and lots of moola. Crazy story lines, scantily clad women (divas) and really buff dudes draw large tv audiences from around the world to watch ‘pro’ wrestlers, well wrestle.  They really are athletes ’cause it’s pretty brutal sometimes and just look at the size of them!  Oh, back to Linda…

She will limit individual contributions to $100 and won’t accept contributions from political action committees and special interests. “I am going to run a very different campaign,” she said.

McMahon’s GOP rivals Foley and Simmons, meanwhile, had lighthearted responses to her entry in the contest. “When I got into the race I knew it would be a fight, but I didn’t know I’d need to be prepared for smackdowns,” Foley said. Simmons’ spokesman Jim Barnett said his boss would run a “campaign Connecticut can be proud of, no head-butting, eye-gouging or hair-pulling.”

Hat Tipster Eric the Gold says he hopes for this: “I can see the Presidential Ticket in 2020 McMahon/Rock - Laying the Smack Down for America!” Eric the Gold is a big WWE fan and you know who the Rock is don’t you? Former WWE wrestler, movie star, buff dude with cool name…

Keep an eye on Linda!

-Admin Girl

Source

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
 I was expecting some buff female wrestler to be shouting out her candidacy wrestler-style to Dodd based on the thread title.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell i would hope folks from that district would vote for Dodd's Dog before they vote for Dodd.

This gal should win for sure.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Peter Schiff would be better to replace Dodd.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Probably the majority democrat state will not vote for him.  MacMahon has some small chance of drawing minorites and some lib-leaners.

She has experience running what I think may still be a billion dollar business too.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds fucking classy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

A hobo would be better than Dodd.

Id say she has a better chance at winning.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Is she on our side??
Anyone know where she stands on the important issues??
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

so would peter rabbit, or bugs bunny
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dupe

Double Dupe

How hard is it to bring up search and type in McMahon?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
So, instead of a debate, maybe they'll have a cage match.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody but that loser Dodd
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1.  Schiff for Senate
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Vince is the guy that orders all his wrestlers to Iraq and Afghanistan for the troops every year.  They are in the war zone each Christmas.

Wrestling may be fake.  Their on screen personalities may be fake and suck.  Vince and Linda in real life are hardcore American conservatives that love the US.  They are one of the few celebrity couples that are on our side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top