Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:52:10 AM EDT
Just had a woman call about my copy machine number and remembered the thread here about the guy who got scammed out of money by something like this. I asked the woman what company she was with and she promptly hung up. WOOWOO I just saved my company cash money by reading on ARFCOM. So be on the lookout for this scam. Calls and asks about what model your machines are and then sends you materials and bills you. Don't let em fool you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#1]
So what's the machine #?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You never agreed to buy the items so how can she bill you for them?  Hows that legal?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You never agreed to buy the items so how can she bill you for them?  Hows that legal?

They lie.

Or they hope you company is so big that nobody notices, and the bill just gets paid. The markup is so high that only 1 out of 4 has to fall for the scam for it to be profitable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The markup is so high that only 1 out of 4 has to fall for the scam for it to be profitable.

I'd be surprised if they ever deliver any product or service so there's no markup.  All profit, and only 1 in a few 100 have to fall for it to be profitable.
I got a call a while ago about our laser printers.  I didn't know what the hell the scammer was talking about (I'm just a lowly programmer, not an all-powerful administrative assistant), so he eventually gave up on me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#5]
original thread?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

original thread?

No Idea but I saw it here because the OP got duped by the company
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top