Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:19:18 AM EDT
I'm looking for a General Practice doc in my area. Nothing specific, just for routine medical stuff. I keep finding sites that advertise physician reviews, but they're almost always empty or they want you to pay for the info. It just looks like no one is participating.

Is there a good site for doc reviews?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Try http://www.ratemds.com/.  I looked up a certain doctor before I went to him.  I was referred to him by my family doctor.  The people on the website tore him apart.  I went anyway.  Man, do I really wish I had listened to the reviews.  I'm about to unload on him myself.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems inherently biased.

People who are pissed off for one reason or another are far more likely to seek out a review website about a physician and tear him/her apart.

Doc might see 1000 patients who are happy with him, and those patients may tell their friend, grandmother, whoever that he's a good doctor, but they're unlikely to take the time to go on a website and write a review.  The one guy of thousands who feels his wait was too long and prostate exam was inadequate, is THE guy who'll take the time to vent on such websites.  People in general seem to become much more vocal when they are angry about something.

Just my 0.02
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seems inherently biased.

People who are pissed off for one reason or another are far more likely to seek out a review website about a physician and tear him/her apart.

Doc might see 1000 patients who are happy with him, and those patients may tell their friend, grandmother, whoever that he's a good doctor, but they're unlikely to take the time to go on a website and write a review.  The one guy of thousands who feels his wait was too long and prostate exam was inadequate, is THE guy who'll take the time to vent on such websites.  People in general seem to become much more vocal when they are angry about something.

Just my 0.02

I don't know. I just looked up my doctor on the link posted above and he had all 5 star ratings. It's better than just shopping around blind.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Seems inherently biased.

Just my 0.02

I don't know. I just looked up my doctor on the link posted above and he had all 5 star ratings. It's better than just shopping around blind.

Probably a really good guy then.  Just keep in mind that one or two bad reviews don't necessarily mean someone is actually a bad doc. Now hundreds of poor reviews................................

I agree though, better than going in completely blind if you don't know much about the physicians in your area.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I found two that I'm going to check out. In all honesty, the reviews on that site were overwhelmingly positive. It seems that people want to tell others when they have a good experience.

It's just a start, though. I can tell pretty much right away during the first visit if the physician is a shitbag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top