Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:21:39 AM EDT
WASHINGTON –– House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said yesterday she is clueless about an amendment to prohibit government funds for embattled ACORN, although it overwhelmingly passed the Senate Monday and the White House is calling for the group to be held accountable.

"I don't even know what they passed," Pelosi told The Post yesterday. "What did they do? They defunded it?"

The amendment to suspend housing grants was a stunning blow to the community-activist group –– and came as some Democrats and the White House have been backing away from the group.
HUH? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi yesterday as she claimed ignorance of Senate action on an amendment (below) calling for the defunding of ACORN.
Getty Images
HUH? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi yesterday as she claimed ignorance of Senate action on an amendment (below) calling for the defunding of ACORN.
Sponsored Links

The vote was preceded by the release of videos by conservative activists posing as a pimp and prostitute soliciting –– and receiving –– tips from ACORN employees about how to shield income, avoid taxes and set up a brothel.

The issue now goes to a House-Senate conference committee for a spending bill. Its fate is up to Democratic leaders, particularly Pelosi, since the House passed no such provision.

Some fellow lawmakers were surprised that Pelosi wasn't following the issue.

"I think that she's not focused on the issue of corruption," said Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who has been hammering ACORN.

Link
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
How sad that in the U.S. government the person who is the head honcho either has no clue

what is really going on, or just turns her back and plays dumb.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
She just does not want to stand up to her like-minded voters in SF.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]

She fully understands what has happened and what is going on.  Acorn is a major shill for the Democrats.  

Pelosi is stalling.  I'm guessing that she is hoping that this will all blow over quietly and she can let this Senate decision to die in committee.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#4]
"I think that she's not focused on the issue of corruption," said Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who has been hammering ACORN.

Well gee golly you fucking think!?!?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I think she feels if she plays stupid (which isn't a stretch for her) that she doesn't have to answer to anything. She can just say she didn't know.

Tourture
Bail Out Bill
Health Care Reform
ACORN
Obama's Birth Certificate  

There are a lot of people I "dislike"... but she is someone I actually HATE!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
It's begining to look like the first tactic in the leftist playbook is to pretend to not know what they're being questiond about...obviously an attempt to trivialize the issue...then, when that doesn't work figure a way to make it racist...no, she knows exactly what she's doing; the problem is those tactics depend on the public being stupid and uninformed...not something to count on anymore...

...and I'm becoming increasingly pissed off at those people for assuming we're that stupid...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Pigloser is two heartbeats away from the WH...that's a very scary thought.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
They are trying to get the fuck away from them very slowly and very very quietly..

Picture them sliding away from their side looking around and Acorn wondering where they went afterwards.

The dems are fucking done, put a fork in them
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Will she ever leave congress
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WASHINGTON –– House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said yesterday she is clueless about an amendment to prohibit government funds for embattled ACORN, although it overwhelmingly passed the Senate Monday and the White House is calling for the group to be held accountable.

Seriously, can't we just throw that evil bitch out of the country?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

She fully understands what has happened and what is going on.  Acorn is a major shill for the Democrats.  

Pelosi is stalling.  I'm guessing that she is hoping that this will all blow over quietly and she can let this Senate decision to die in committee.

what he said.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Snip............................

Some fellow lawmakers were surprised that Pelosi wasn't following the issue.

Of course she isn't following the issue.  It isn't in her plan for .Gov take over of the country and run it into the ground.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Nancy, you ignorant slut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top