User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 8:52:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Busted for life for less than $1000 of MJ.... FAIL
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Good thing we got all those dangerous drugs and violent drug-using criminals off the street.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Well at least that question on form 4473 stopped him from owning guns.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
maintaining a dwelling to keep a controlled substance

WTF??
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I feel safer already...

The biggest waste of my career was the 4 months that I spent back in 1995 working undercover for narcotics div.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
At least the robbers didn't steal his weed.

"Officer, someone just broke in and stole my illegal drugs.  Please come out to take a report."
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good thing we got all those dangerous drugs and violent drug-using criminals off the street.

Yup, drugs and crime are rarely associated.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"Officer, someone just broke in and stole my illegal drugs.  Please come out to take a report."

Yep...

It's called 'dope' for a reason...

It doesn't make you smarter...

'Never get high on your own supply' - good thing these dopes didn't pay much attention to 'Scarface'....

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

He forgot the sarcastic smilie...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like New Hampshire where marijuana use is higher than most and the crime rate is among the lowest?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WTF??

Oh yeah. Legislatures have made up so much bull shit just to pile on charges of any kind. They probably got busted for child endangerment too, since there are kids present...in the town.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So there's a dollar amount on common sense - ie don't call The Man with your drug stuff laid out in plain sight? No, the following is FAIL:

Quoted:
Police reported finding 3.3 ounces of marijuana, two pairs of scales, a pipe and other paraphernalia, according to the warrant affidavit.

2 sets of scales. I've known a few recreational users much of my adult life. None of them have scales - except for fish. So it wasn't just for having a little weed.

... possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana...

Good call.

Reminds me of the guys who show up at at the PD wanting to press charges against the dealer they just met for getting sold bogus drugs... and fill out written statements to that effect after being Mirandized and being told that intent to purchase drugs is a crime.

If it was good weed it was worth more than $1000 and 3.3 ounces is pretty obvious they were distributing regardless of how many scales they have.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF??

Oh yeah. Legislatures have made up so much bull shit just to pile on charges of any kind. They probably got busted for child endangerment too, since there are kids present...in the town.

Gives the politicians numbers to soapbox about and federal and state monies flowing into police budgets and prisons loaded with non-violent offenders who bring PROFITS/INVESTMENT RETURNS to those who operate prisons.  Those private prisons probably give heavy campaign dollars too.

It's about the money and the power always has been.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF??

Legislatures respond to the wishes of their constituents...

Most people do not like the idea of a drug house down the street from their family home, killing their property value & bringing crime into the neighborhood...

They LIKE seeing people who do that shit go to prison...

And they vote accordingly...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So there's a dollar amount on common sense - ie don't call The Man with your drug stuff laid out in plain sight? No, the following is FAIL:

Quoted:
Police reported finding 3.3 ounces of marijuana, two pairs of scales, a pipe and other paraphernalia, according to the warrant affidavit.

2 sets of scales. I've known a few recreational users much of my adult life. None of them have scales - except for fish. So it wasn't just for having a little weed.

Good call.

Reminds me of the guys who show up at at the PD wanting to press charges against the dealer they just met for getting sold bogus drugs... and fill out written statements to that effect after being Mirandized and being told that intent to purchase drugs is a crime.

If it was good weed it was worth more than $1000 and 3.3 ounces is pretty obvious they were distributing regardless of how many scales they have.

If it was sold at the gram to 1/8th level, then yeah. But you can get a 1/4lb of GOOD weed for $900-1000.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Wow, I feel safer already...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]

I don't know, this guy looks smart.  He has a tie and everything.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/jbombelli/bong-765866.jpg

I don't know, this guy looks smart.  He has a tie and everything.

Funny shit you just reminded me of.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF??

Most people do not like the idea of a drug house down the street from their family home, killing their property value & bringing crime into the neighborhood...

Can someone check the temp in Hades for me... I actually agree with Dave_A (for the first time).  

Miracles do happen!!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Boy, that was well thought out......
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Good bust.

A drug dealer out of business...100,000,000 more to go...stay at it.  If every LEO got 1 a day....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's true. People who drink alcohol are usually shitbags.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

Sexual intercourse is, by contrast, very good for one's intellect.

Just sayin.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...

Just sayin.

Then why are so many people so "FUCKING STUPID????"

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...

Just sayin.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Low hanging fruit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]
He's a dealer because they found a weak 8th and a scale? Riiiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#31]
woops
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Police investigating B&E make marijuana arrest

September 16, 2009 6:33 AM

Kevin Ellis

A Dallas Police officer investigating a suspected breaking and entering at an East Popular Street residence Tuesday ended up making a marijuana arrest after finding 3.3 ounces of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at the home, according to a warrant affidavit.

Officer J. Reynolds responded to a call of three men breaking and entering into a home at 507 E. Popular St. When he arrived, he reported that Jackie Dean Sneed Jr., 19, came out of the house and said that he lived there. Reynolds and Sneed went to a door at the house to retrieve Sneed's identification. When Sneed opened the door Reynolds reported seeing two men sitting at a table with marijuana on it, according to a warrant affidavit.

Sneed was booked into Gaston County Jail under a $10,000 bond on charges of possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, maintaining a dwelling to keep a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/investigating-37965-news-police.html

Sounds like they're planning to steal confiscate his house.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I like how arfcom encourages "buy it cheap, stack it deep" with ammo, but when someone has a decent amount of weed they accuse them of being a drug dealer.

Is everyone here who stocks up on ammo guilty of dealing ammo without a license?
With that said the guy is stupid for having that in plain sight when he knew the police were going to be coming to his door.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Which came first, the crime, or the drug use?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

WTF??

That's like charging a hooker for having a cooter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg
Harvster was being sarcastic towards razor....

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He's a dealer because they found a weak 8th and a scale? Riiiiiiiiight.

Wouldn't 3.3oz be a weak 1/4 lb?  A weak eighth would be somewhere under .125 oz.

LB
1/2 lb
1/4 lb
Oz  (Lid for the old folks)
Quarter
8th
Dime
Nickel
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good bust.

A drug dealer out of business...100,000,000 more to go...stay at it.  If every LEO got 1 a day....

Mowing the lawn.
You'll never solve the problem, but the idea is to keep things at a manageable level.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF??

That's like charging a hooker for having a cooter.

No shit. But I'm sure Dave would be able to rationalize that as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#40]
more proof that people that do drugs are stupid
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#41]
"He's a dealer because they found a weak 8th and a scale? Riiiiiiiiight."

Story didn't say 3.3 grams, it said 3.3 OUNCES.

"2 sets of scales. I've known a few recreational users much of my adult life. None of them have scales - except for fish. So it wasn't just for having a little weed. "
Uh... not quite. Many people use scales to make sure they got what they paid for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF??

The point is that the extra charge is as ridiculous as piling a "hate crime" charge on top of murder. Murder itself is rather hateful, and happens to be against the law, too.
Legislators are responding to their own wishes as lawyers when they contrive stuff like "keeping a residence for drug transactions", or whatever that was.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Who called the po-po?  Was it Sneed?  If so, he IS a dope.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#44]
What do you want to bet they never go back and complete the B&E investigation?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF??

The point is that the extra charge is as ridiculous as piling a "hate crime" charge on top of murder. Murder itself is rather hateful, and happens to be against the law, too.
Legislators are responding to their own wishes as lawyers when they contrive stuff like "keeping a residence for drug transactions", or whatever that was.

Legislators, of both sides, respond to, lobbies and PACs, manipulated poll questions. etc. The premise that issues like the war on drugs still represent the true desires of constituents is disengenuious. Truth is, like most hot button issues, it probably fullfills the wishes of about half. Give or take plus or minus one to nine percent. Up or down depending on that days media focus of course.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good call.

If it was sold at the gram to 1/8th level, then yeah. But you can get a 1/4lb of GOOD weed for $900-1000.

Come to south Texas.     $1000 can get you 3 pounds if you know the right people.  And yes, it's GOOD weed.

So I've been told.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a cousin who got busted like this. His roomie forgot his keys and the neighbor saw him climbing in through the window and called the police. Police arrived to investigate the B&E, roomie sees them pull up and exits out the back door and over the fence. Police see the window open so have probable cause to enter, while searching the house they find 4 pot plants growing in the basement. Cousin comes home from work to get arrested.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

WTF??

Always Think Forfeiture.....

PD may have just gotten themselves a nice house out of the bust. Probably vehicles and contents of the house as well..

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top