Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how that Hopey Changey is working for the democrats
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Shocked, I say...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Obama wants to be the only one voting for him in '12.  I encourage more of this behavior.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
HA HA FAGGOTS

By 'faggots' I was not referring to homosexuals, but rather the looney lefties that elected The Dear Leader on the grounds that he would abolish this legislation
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How will the libs spin this one?

Bush did it = evil.

Obama does it = ?

Racist.

</thread>

These traitorous, communist shitheels will spin this into some "We have to do it
because the homegrown conservative God-fearing RACIST TERRORISTS are
out to keep the black man DOWN!!!"

It's sooooo near go time...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]

I am half amused by this.  I always thought violating the U.S.C. was a bad idea, but the neo-cons thought it was a great idea when their guy was in charge, not quite grasping the concept that that could change in the future.  For those of you that are surprised by this, have you ever heard of a politician giving up power?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Wonder how the libs feel about Obong ordering the military to "kill"the al qaida leader that ordered the suicide bombing of the United States Embassy in Kenya?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
They will say nothing, just like they said nothing over helping iran with nuclear energy, helping brazil drill for oil, or counting the dead solders in the war.

It was never about the issues, it was all about BDS (bush derangement syndrome).

Liberals aren't really big on facts and reality.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
He'll blame it on GW.

.....OH WAIT....!

Did anyone expect anything different?  If he gets his way, he'll expand it twenty-fold.

HH
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bush did it = evil.

Obama does it = ?

Racist.

</thread>

These traitorous, communist shitheels will spin this into some "We have to do itbecause the homegrown conservative God-fearing RACIST TERRORISTS areout to keep the black man DOWN!!!"

God, I hate that phrase, and how it is constantly spouted here.

Short of a complete economic collapse, no one is going to "go" anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Ha, that should pop some heads
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bush did it = evil.

Obama does it = ?

Racist.

</thread>

These traitorous, communist shitheels will spin this into some "We have to do itbecause the homegrown conservative God-fearing RACIST TERRORISTS areout to keep the black man DOWN!!!"

Well, I just read the Declaration of Independence, It specifically states that if our Government gets out of hand we have the right to abolish it.

It's Fo time!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn it! When I found out that Obama won the election, I literally thought, "Well at least the Patriot Act will be revoked."
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Bush wanted the PA to pursue terrorist's.

Obama wants the PA to pursue US.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I can tell you that a lot of liberals are turning against Obama. You got ultra liberals on Air America calling him a liar out right. I think it is over for Obama.

http://www.redstate.com/bs/2009/08/20/its-pretty-bad-when-you-have-air-america-calling-you-a-liar-mr-president/
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]
yep, saw that coming
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Damn it! When I found out that Obama won the election, I literally thought, "Well at least the Patriot Act will be revoked."

You actually thought the power hungry elites would give up a such a valuable tool?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Black Bush.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And thats why people were against it from the begining!

Not because bush was going to spy on you (ok, maybe the libs thought he was going to), but because some future administration would.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am half amused by this.  I always thought violating the U.S.C. was a bad idea, but the neo-cons thought it was a great idea when their guy was in charge, not quite grasping the concept that that could change in the future.  For those of you that are surprised by this, have you ever heard of a politician giving up power?

The left in this country focuses on domestic "enemies" when it's in power.  The right, not so much.

Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate the patriot act, but this made me ...  

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=4060844&mesg_id=4060844
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder what the DUdiots are saying about that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Did you think ANY gov would give up such a power once they obtained it...

That is like congress voting to take a 40% pay cut and take Obamacare as a rider on a Bill for voting term limits...

Once they got that power it was NEVER going to be repealed ...Regardless of how bad it was that Bush or the R's
were after it was passed according to the Dems regardless of their reasons .......And some people who actually like
freedom spoke out about it...

Sorry, But they can stick the Patriot Act in their ass...I don't particularly like that one much...

The Patriot Act is in essence a Big Ass Stick.....In the hands of the Defender it is a wonderful tool used to do it's job..

That same BAS in the hands of a mad-man....Well, it sort of gets a little gray with it's use..

For those who give up freedom for security .....Well...I am sure you know the rest...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I wonder what the DUdiots are saying about that.

Having an existential meltdown. Read the above link.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Hope and Change

my ass....

Suckers......

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Did he read:  "How to piss off everyone in 90 days" as a child?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=4060844&mesg_id=4060844

Och! Those dumbfucks went down hard.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Black Bush.

There ya go.

Couldn't help but notice that the republicans never undid anything Klinton and the dems did while in office, and now that Blackula is in office, he's not undoing anything Bush did.

This tells me that those who claim that both major parties are controlled by the same people behind the scenes have been right all along.

But don't worry... the "that can't happen here" people will be along shortly to talk about tinfoil and just generally dismiss any sort of logic.  They're welcome to flame away.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Funny, I vaguely remember an assault weapon ban that Bush let expire.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Of course he does....

And note, the media isn't repeating the lies they told about it when W was President...

Fuckers...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Black Bush.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#36]
this is too good lol
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Awful lot of honkies lone-wolf terror suspects in this thread
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol they're pissed as hell...

on a side note, there are some truly disturbing quotes from posters in that thread.... particularly pertaining to all the tea party goers being "domestic terrorists that should be dealt with in such a fashion"....

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol they're pissed as hell...

on a side note, there are some truly disturbing quotes from posters in that thread.... particularly pertaining to all the tea party goers being "domestic terrorists that should be dealt with in such a fashion"....

They are disgusting, but I guess I'm getting conditioned to it...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Black Bush.

Not funny...

That's an insult to a good & honorable man, who served his country well for 8 years...

I get the point, he's failed to change any of W's policies...

But that's a GOOD thing...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#41]
cant be true, oh wait..... a bigger .gov with more control. no wonder he's for it
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I shall don my tinfoil hat and go on record to predict the next "crisis" will be some kind of right wing racist domestic terror attack. They are clearly trying to lay the ground work for it.

The sad part is a large chunk of arfcom would buy in to it.

If you don't wholeheartedly agree to give up your rights "to keep America safe", after the CIA bombs a NICU ward full of black premie babies, you will be a racist America-hater and by extension are saying the WOT was pointless.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I've said for years, that the issue with PATRIOT wasn't 'civil rights' (it doesn't actually violate any)...

It was who's name was signed at the bottom of the bill...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I've said for years, that the issue with PATRIOT wasn't 'civil rights' (it doesn't actually violate any)...

Oh now I have got to call you for trolling on this.

There is no way in hell anybody could be stupid enough to truly believe this statement and yet still possess the necessary motor skills to type it out.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:59:20 AM EDT
[#45]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........

0bama is already not liked by the right, now he's pissing off his leftist base at every turn by ignoring the reasons why they voted him into office in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#47]
It reads that he only wants to renew the Domestic provisions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#48]
He's doing it out of politics.  If he doesn't Rush will flame him for making us vulnerable as will all other conservatives.  

However, if he keeps it...then we can all flame him for various reasons.  

This is a no-win situation for him from what I can tell...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#49]
du is hilarious.

The buyers remorse is quite evident.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He's doing it out of politics.  If he doesn't Rush will flame him for making us vulnerable as will all other conservatives.  

However, if he keeps it...then we can all flame him for various reasons.  

This is a no-win situation for him from what I can tell...

Forget Rush.  If Obama let the Patriot Act expire and there was a terrorist attack like the bomb plot that was busted up earlier this month, Dick Cheney will come out of his den and tear the Democrats a new one, and Obama and the Democrats will lose more centrists and independent support because their blase attitude toward national security got American civilians killed.

Or, he could renew it and piss off his base, but they'll vote for him anyway.  Battered Liberal Syndrome.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top