Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 11:33:48 AM EDT
I wish Ford would bring back the Bronco.  Not the Bronco II, the real full size Bronco.  I don't want a 4 door full size SUV, and I don't want a mid size SUV.  I want a full size, two door machine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
But soccer moms need [i]four[/i] doors!z
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to see a REAL Blazer, the Bronco, the Ramcharger and the Scout II come back. I can't be the only one who thinks there'd be a good-sized market for a 2-door 4x4 with spartan interior (rubber floormats, cloth bench seat, no AC or stereo, manual tranny and lever-operated transfer case, etc), removable top, a removable rear seat, and lots of cargo room.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear that Ford is considering bringing back the full size Bronco.
I bought a 96 which was the last year made and it rocks. Off road, beach or mountains. My wife calls it the pig because of the 35 gallon fuel tank.
It's not a Yuppie SUV.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I want a full-size one, too.  The kind NH2112 described, except I want air & stereo, for those 6-hour drives going hunting.  Well, OK, the last 3 hours is too bumpy & dusty for a stereo.  Maybe the portable boom box.

Bench seats are great for when you arrive dead-ass tired at 2:00 am.

You can have your Eddie Bauer crap.  I want something that I don't care if I scratch it up in the trees & bushes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, they brought back the 'classic look of the T bird'..... wasn't that suppose to be gone, the T bird.

Ya never know though, w/ all the environmental laws and so called credits (if I recall), it might never be back.... but then again....

Lets hope it doesn't look anything like the F-150 series trucks.  Yuk!!  I hate those things.  I'm a HD F-250 person myself....

That would be something, a Bronco that looks like the F-250 HD, it's doors, full floating axle, V-10 avail.... but short.  YIKES!!!!

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hear that Ford is considering bringing back the full size Bronco.
View Quote

Any word on when?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...a 2-door 4x4 with spartan interior (rubber floormats, cloth bench seat, no AC or stereo, manual tranny and lever-operated transfer case, etc), removable top, a removable rear seat, and lots of cargo room.
View Quote

Drove mine to work today!  1984 Bronco, and no - I don't give a shit if it gets scratched up by the brush!!!  (BTW - the manual 3 speed with overdrive gets pretty decent mileage!)
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish they'd bring back a real Jeep instead of that yuppie trash they've been selling for the last 15 years.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two of them. An '86 and a '94. I drive them through the bushes all the time (well not the '86 as it is currently down for repairs.) We call the scratches in the sides Az. pinstriping[:)]. The '94 is also my road grading machine at the moment. The '86 has an efi 5.0 w/aod and got about twenty mpg. The '94 has efi 5.8 and gets about 13 mpg. Love 'em both. I would like to see them come out with a new one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#11]
i want a k-5 military diesel blazer. that truck rocks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#12]
No offense but a new full size Bronco is called the "Expedition". Many big Bronco owners wanted 4 doors on their trucks.

I have a 91 Big Bronco and while it is a fun vehicle it is much closer to a truck than current SUVs. What I'd really like to see is a new small Bronco, oh wait, they call those Explorers now. There are still many, many big Bronco's to be had.

And oh, if you want a spartan Bronco, buy one, there are plenty of the original small Broncos around at far less price than anything Ford could come up with. Heck, you could have one rebuilt for far less than any current new SUV on the market.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#13]
My sentiments exactly Chimborazo. And I thought I was alone... In fact I don't really care if it's a Bronco or a Blazer or whatever as long as it's full size, 4x4, two doors with no unnecessary convenience features. Why did they stop making these great machines?

All I need is something I can drive to hunt. No fancy paintjob, no leather seating or style package. Just a big engine, four wheel drive and a winch up front. Except I'd need A/C cause you're dead without one during summer here in Alabama.

-- Si vis pacem para bellum! --
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't want a totally Spartan vehicle.  There are some things I wouldn't mind such as A/C, stereo, power stuff (yeah, I know it breaks), etc.  However, I have no use for an Expedition.  After spending that much money I'd be afraid to leave my garage with it.  And how Spartan can you get the Expedition.

Hey, when one uses the word "Spartan" as an adjective, does one still have to capitalize it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Chimborazo
A Ford dealer told me that he had heard some talk about bringing back the Bronco but I heard the company announced today that they were bringing out a whole new SUV.
I agree with you about having a few creature comforts in the Bronco. When I bought mine in 96 they all had the basic package, Power Steering, ABS, Windows, Seats and a decent Radio. I upgraded to the Limited slip Diff and the towing package and I'm quite happy.

No offense taken Monkeyman, I believe the Bronco was based on the F-150 chassis.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No offense but a new full size Bronco is called the "Expedition". Many big Bronco owners wanted 4 doors on their trucks.
quote]

A few years ago, about 1992 or so, My wife and I looked at a full size, four door Bronco, built in '89. I twas a true Bronco, with the the removable top and all. I think they called it a "Continental", but I'm not sure. It was cool, but I am not sure if Ford built it, or it was custom built. Someone told me they were not marketed in the States. Yeah, the removable top do make a difference.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Broncos are great machines - I have a '94.  What other vehicle can you use to carry five people fairly comfortably in and then turn around and throw a deer carcass in the back without a second thought?  They were actually trying to design an "SUV" when they made Broncos, old Blazers and the like.  Now they call the new crap "SUVs" but what they really should be called is "YSGGs" - Yuppy Soccer-mom Grocery Getters.  You can't do crap in these new "SUVs" and their gas mileage is even worse now than it was on a lot of the older ones.  I hate soccer bitches.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
GWF-
It was called the "Centurion" and it was made by an aftermarked company here in the States.  It was a four door Bronco.  It looked kind of like a Ford version of the Suburban.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Yup I miss my Bronco.  11 years of fun and memories.  I've been toying with the idea of taking the front clip off of an Excursion on putting it on a 1996 Bronco body some how.  I know you can do a similar thing with a two door tahoe or Yukon using the new caddilac escalade front clip, but I like the Bronco.  ANy Suggestions?  Do you think this is possible  (within reason?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe that the Bronco that Ford is considering bringing out would be more like the early Broncos, which is fine with me because that's what I want.  

Last year one of the 4x4 mags had an article about a big Bronco meet down in TN and they said that there were reps from Ford there talking to people, basically doing some market research.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top