Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 5:08:51 AM EDT
Wasn't supposed to happen 'til this evening!

Whatever!

Eric The(Weatherman)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It was a we mix when I drove to work (Farmers Branch) from Plano about an hour ago.  Come on snow!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I was about to post the same thing. It's snowing its ass off here in Sherman. Is this stuff supposed to last all day?

I hope so [:)]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]I HATE SNOW!!! I HATE THE COLD!!! I HATE THE RAIN!!! I MISS THE BEACHES!!![/b]

[i]All the leaves are brown,
And the sky is grey.
I've been for a walk,
On a winter's day.
I'd be safe and warm,
If I was in L.A.

California dreaming,
On such a winter's day.

Stopped into a church,
I passed along the way.
Got down on my knees,
I pretend to pray.
Preacher likes the cold,
Knows I'm gonna stay.

California dreaming,
On such a winter's day.
[/i]

OH BTW, I work in N.Dallas and there's some white flakes. I thought the DPD were out to frame someone again. Now I know that its just this thing they call snow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Global warming hits Texas!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF?!?

Up here (in Hell!) we received a light dusting of snow last night. The only thing going for being here in New York is the potential for snow days, and we can't even get that right!

Semper Fi

Dave the(really missing my home in Weatherford, TX for 390 Days now) Celt[%(]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Ya'll Texas folks better hrry down to the grocery store and grab up on the eggs, milk, and toilet paper!!  Not sure why, but that's what people here do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#7]
lol, I lived in Plano for 2 years and never saw snow, I guess your lucky!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#8]
It's snowing in Rockwall too!  The Three Mutant Offspring DID NOT want to go to school this morning.  Looking out the window at the office it's falling big clumps of wet snow.  Occasionally a really big clump falls straight down.  Birds aren't flying in this stuff.  If this keeps up I'm gonna use the kid's sled before they get home!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Wish it would stick - I love the stuff!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#11]
ahhhh snow...the stuff water is made from... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate snow, hard to find all yer brass.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#13]
snow in dallas too!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Man, the snowing is really picking up now. I wish it snows so much so I can have a reason to stay home tomorrow.[:D]
View Quote

LIVE Dallas Radar:

[url]http://www.kdfwfox4.com/dynamic/text/fox4html/4warn-doppler.htm[/url]

LIVE weather map (Snow, Ice, Rain, by color...):
[url]http://www.kdfwfox4.com/dynamic/text/fox4html/4warn-ntx-now.htm[/url]

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll bet you never thought you'd miss Weatherford. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#17]
HOLY FALLING WHITE STUFF BATMAN!!!

It isn't snowing down here in Austin... but it almost never does.

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#18]
The parking lot in front of my building is now half empty. Buncha non-drivin' cheesers!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The parking lot in front of my building is now half empty. Buncha non-drivin' cheesers!
View Quote

I'm thinking of taking a cab home. [:(] I've never driven in snow. Everytime I've gone skiing, there was always someone else driving. Never lived in a place that snowed either. This is all new to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Its really coming down here in Houston. Liquid snow that is.
[whacko]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Well judging from the roofs and the pile on my truck it looks like we've got about 1.5" so far. Too bad none of it is sticking on the ground.

This is the most snow I think we've had in two years.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I just walked out front and there's a good half inch of slush sticking to the sidewalk. The temp is 34 with a windchill of 26. That's the weather in Richardson, TX.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, I just went outside and it's starting to get kind of slushy here too. Hopefully this will all freeze over tonight and I can haul my lazy ass in to work late tomorrow.

This stuff is great! I love snow!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Well...

I have classes here in Terrell until 9:40 tonight!  Yikes.  Gonna be a long, sloooooow ride home on I-20 after dark tonight.  Not looking forward to it.

TheRedGoat

We are still above freezing, so there is not anything sticking to the roads, and nothing on the sidewalks or grass.  Still a heavy mix of rain and fat snow flakes.

I bet all the Northen AR15ers are laughing at us right now...

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll bet you never thought you'd miss Weatherford. [:D]
View Quote

And I even like snow! It just took seeing the $100K crack houses in downtown Newburgh, the cost of living here, needing a Judge's permission to merely possess a pistol,(and numerous other rant worthy subjects) to really put things in perspective.

Semper Fi,
Dave
(Anyone up for dinner at Kincaid's tonight?)

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We are still above freezing, so there is not anything sticking to the roads, and nothing on the sidewalks or grass.  Still a heavy mix of rain and fat snow flakes.
View Quote

The freeze line must be between Terrell and Rockwall cause we've got 2-3 inches on the ground, roads are covered with slush and it's coming down solid since 8:00am.  My window opens onto an old church and the roof and steeple are just real pretty.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#27]
temp here is hovering at about 33... but the snow is accumulating only on grassy areas and not on the streets or sidewalks.  this is the most snow weve had in dallas since january of '97. i believe it snowed a whole 2-3 inches...heheheheee...
i walked my do for about an hour and walked all aroud the neighborhood...
both she and i had the time of our lives, until i slipped on my ass and fell in a puddle of water!
[b]FUN OVER![/b]
well...i hope it lasts a little while, this was the happiest day i've had in nearly a year!
(throwing snowballs at your mangy friend will do that to you!)[:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Man its snowing like hell in Washington, Ok. But it's not sticking. Damit I may have to go to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The freeze line must be between Terrell and Rockwall cause we've got 2-3 inches on the ground, roads are covered with slush and it's coming down solid since 8:00am.  My window opens onto an old church and the roof and steeple are just real pretty.
View Quote

We have just dropped to 33.  Yikes!  33 at 3:30 in the afternoon means we will definately have frozen bridges, overpasses, roadways soon after dark.  

Out main campus is located in Henderson county, so they are only getting rain. No chance of classes here in Terrell being cancelled, I guess...  [:(]

Colinjay, glad to hear you had such a good day!  Enjoy it for us all!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well...

I have classes here in Terrell until 9:40 tonight!  Yikes.  Gonna be a long, sloooooow ride home on I-20 after dark tonight.  Not looking forward to it.

TheRedGoat

I bet all the Northen AR15ers are laughing at us right now...

View Quote

HAHAHAHahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

(pant, pant, pant)

HAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
[:D][:D][:D][:D]

You guys be careful in that "snow" now.

Seriously, it might actually get a little dangerous after dark when the roads freeze and it turns to ice. Do be careful!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You guys be careful in that "snow" now.

Seriously, it might actually get a little dangerous after dark when the roads freeze and it turns to ice. Do be careful!
View Quote

You just wait, gos O'l Boy.  When it is 85 degrees and you are complaining about the heat...
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You just wait, gos O'l Boy.  When it is 85 degrees and you are complaining about the heat...
View Quote

Heat is not a problem for a Florida native such as myself. I've spent a lot of time in Tejas too - mostly Austin, San Antonio, and Cotulla. I't probably a lot hotter in Cotulla most days than the rest of Texas, so I do know about heat. Not to mention, I went to college in Tucson, Az..
HOWEVER, you guys usually get the nice weather in winter and WE are usually the ones getting hammmered with the snow.  Keep us in mind when you see the northeast getting hit with a couple of FEET of snow and you guys have 60 degrees and sunny.  BTW, it was 70 degrees here just two days ago. Today it's more like 35.
If I were going to move, it would be either to Texas or Arizona, without a doubt!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#33]
[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/TheRedGoat/Mvc-003s.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/TheRedGoat/Mvc-002s.jpg[/img]

What it looks like outside the campus right now.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Goat you gotta get over to Rockwall and dig us out...
[img]http://photos.msn.com/ImageServer/Image.aspx?Image=0h9xCkj4Yyo6VbTdcNrmhglJSkAWB6C91volMeDlp0glHPce8GnVZ!fyzXd9i22qlV93fRzJ*VAPQHjzFnRSctOgRsHKMPGSrvdPcMTBMvIjGWd0ndYQJzUFuUaOCDJnLf3nLG1kX*kJBHpy2upECwrCb5bxrmG1RqegEHqWmDIogG1lSrkd2Qo5guv9*F74lPfNFVOUjTiGxqjVtRYx8gKSkCpoMJSRQXk2dzg2RV5l9nWFeMIaEV*TwNK!cJBcV3J1ahGpuYOzW8tt06DtYhDGS0vwLNafBycCLY*8yjZfZmnd6FTboJfAvg7W1KzSTWRxZLqqGhIqCEWBOT1HVD5CyMBVe38DiVe0Ef8up0oD03QDiCaDyb9B2zoMkeDq[/img]
and...
[img]http://photos.msn.com/ImageServer/Image.aspx?Image=0h9xCkj4Yyo6VbTdcNrmhglJSkAWB6C91volMeDlp0glHPce8GnVZ!fyzXd9i22qlV93fRzJ*VAPQHjzFnRSctOgRsHKMPGSrvdPcMTBMvIjGWd0ndYQJzUFuUaOCDJnLf3nLG1kX*kJBHpy2upECwrCb5bxrmG1RqegEHqWmDIogG1lSrkd2axbcXB7iZg*F6fT!lCrfpurM7l4E6MY58Twwquej6Ul2DA034vNVl4jOWTJkeKr9TsrrMcA5GKFDyrUpIXMSafs9K!h7F4jSgC0Pm!8tzZY*aCVPKXs2kBwnShbznhxcXiPE6qlcpGtekIaAIASM0Mjp1c3lVFnJ4MGivDYLvcfhZF51EVENaK1PpjuYtISMeO59QFYGDtRya76xJXEXcs$[/img]
and Gigi the Middle Mutant with friend...
[img]http://photos.msn.com/ImageServer/Image.aspx?Image=0h9xCkj4Yyo6VbTdcNrmhglJSkAWB6C91volMeDlp0glHPce8GnVZ!fyzXd9i22qlV93fRzJ*VAPQHjzFnRSctOgRsHKMPGSrvdPcMTBMvIjGWd0ndYQJzUFuUaOCDJnLf3nLG1kX*kJBHpy2upECwrCb5bxrmG1RqegEHqWmDIogG1lSrkd2b5I4vPkPOZdsVZzpnLzuiNKJ5bMdPf2C1ftnwnOnpdNGq4Fctu7M05!wAagouodtE5sNlvZkEEata53xtlt7ej0SMK8C*LFZ7BD3Qr!E4sJ4w67m!GVT8!yeuUrZPzGvEqfzm!JMhT!zvRV0rwNk2dHJ7MplolXEArOix*VgdTjMVNPPTilEzUyPFOpEtgv5Kxv9cThG9gKYSQEJ!So4WI$[/img]
told 'ya it was snowing in Rockwall...
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Been working out in it all day. Started up here in Grayson county about 645am and has been coming down all day. Thick and wet for  the most part. Temp stayed in the low 40's most of the day with almost no wind so working init wasnt too bad. I hate throwing a ladder up on poles when it snows but I hate using my hooks even more. I like to see where that spike goes before I put my weight on it.[BD]

Tomorrow will be fun if this keeps up. The tree limbs that didnt fall during the ice storms last year will come down tonight. No Cable, telephones, or power. Ah, all I see is overtime falling from the sky.[:D]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top