Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 12:02:50 PM EDT
[url]http://proliberty.com/observer/20020101.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a teenager, he must be on dope, right?  He couldn't be telling the truth, never...

Good for him.  This really chaps my ass...
[b]Judge Baker, apparently irritated at the prosecution's inability to outsmart a minor in her court, reportedly stated to Joshua, “Don't laugh when you leave this courtroom, thinking you have beat the system because you have looked these things up yourself. We are going to get you down the road.”[/b]
What a bitch.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the family should get a good lawyer and file a suit against the county for malicious prosecution, emotional distress, etc etc.  The kid will have his college tuition paid for.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He's a teenager, he must be on dope, right?  He couldn't be telling the truth, never...

View Quote

On the other hand, if he is picking up the film canisters second hand, they very well [b]MAY[/b] have drug residue on them from the previous user.

This is another case of "Zero Tolerance=Zero Intellegence."

And the old cunt for a judge showed no more intellegence than anyone else. Save the kid, of course.

Way to go dude!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Best story I've read all week.

My hat is off to that boy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Muwhahahahaha

That Be-atch judge should be removed from the bench. [:(!] She is supposed to enforce the law, [b]NOT[/b] decide what the law should be.

[beer] Here's to the kid and his father suing their ass off and to maybe a judicial inquiry against the aforementioned Be-atch
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good for him.  This really chaps my ass...
[b]Judge Baker, apparently irritated at the prosecution's inability to outsmart a minor in her court, reportedly stated to Joshua, “Don't laugh when you leave this courtroom, thinking you have beat the system because you have looked these things up yourself. We are going to get you down the road.”[/b]
What a bitch.

View Quote

That really bugged me too.  What assholes...threatening a kid who proved them wrong when they were trying to trample his rights.  Bastards.

Here's to you Judge Rebecca Baker...[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Oh, PLEASE tell me that this Judge Baker said these words on record:
[b]"We are going to get you down the road."[/b]

Is that a "threat" your disHonor?

Are you threatening this boy with "harrassment".

Are you promising that "WE", as in the "State of Idaho", the Police, the Judicial System and you personally are going to "get" him?

Are you stating on record that YOU have a vendetta against this boy and that YOU can no longer be an impartial Judge in any future case against him?

Are you violating his rights to a fair trial in any possible future prosecutions in Idaho, now that this prejudicial threat has been admitted by you in court.

PLEASE tell me this was said ON THE RECORD!

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
newport, hmmm i know where that is.
View Quote

Me too, I live about 30 minutes from there.  That kid deserves a pat on the back for some good research.  The judge and the proscecuter on the other hand deserve...  [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
that kid is going to be a hell of a lawyer some day i bet
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
that kid is going to be a hell of a lawyer some day i bet
View Quote

i just hope hes on our side or else,,  [shock] [whacko]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I love it.  I absolutely LOVE it!  Hey, ain't zero tolerance grand?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Hahahhaa thats awesome!  We need more people who are like this kid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
More power to him[:D]. He refused to bend over and take it. That judge needs to get bitch slapped. She's just jealous that a 15 year old with a 10th grade education made a mockery of her and the judicial system. Hell, she should be PROUD of that kid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#16]
It would have really ticked off the judge and prosecution (and school board, etc) if he'd been home schooled... but then again if he'd been home schooled, he wouldn't have had a locker to be searched- Ah well... I guess even the children need to give up some liberties to be safe
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm proud to see young men are picking up fishing these days.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#19]
LMFAO!!!!!!!  Give 'em hell, kid!!  Smart asses stompped all over his rights and he stuck it up their nose!!   I LOVE IT!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh, PLEASE tell me that this Judge Baker said these words on record:
[b]"We are going to get you down the road."[/b]

Is that a "threat" your disHonor?

Are you threatening this boy with "harrassment".

Are you promising that "WE", as in the "State of Idaho", the Police, the Judicial System and you personally are going to "get" him?

Are you stating on record that YOU have a vendetta against this boy and that YOU can no longer be an impartial Judge in any future case against him?

Are you violating his rights to a fair trial in any possible future prosecutions in Idaho, now that this prejudicial threat has been admitted by you in court.

PLEASE tell me this was said ON THE RECORD!

View Quote
Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/1/2002 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#21]
That kid's my hero.  I'm almost 60 years older than him, and in the same position, I don't think I could have done better than he did.  It's humbling to see someone so young fight the system and win.  After ten months of fighting in a shall-issue state, I still don't have a concealed carry permit.  Yes, it's humbling to see this kid do well.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top