Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 3:54:23 PM EDT
The office of Zack Space (D-18th district-Ohio) just called with a recorded message inviting me to take part in a live "telephone townhall meeting"  What the fuck is that?  They can't even show up in person now?  They don't want to know how their constituents feel?  I'll tell you what's up.  By doing it by telephone they; a. can screen the calls, picking and choosing who get's on.   b. don't have to see the anger on the people's faces.  c. dont' have to worry about the video of the tongue lashing they recieve getting out.  d. divide those for and against  it so that it looks like it's evenly split, instead of having 80% of the people show up against it.  Our government no longer represents the people, nor does it have any desire to.  My hope is quickly fading.  The govt. just doesn't give a fuck what we want any more.  It is corrupt to the core.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
CockFags the whole lot of em.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to be a smart ass but, I'm 37 and I realized this when I was about 19.They are just more bold now.
I remember my dad bitching about Tip O'Niel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact teh media and get them spun up about the Rep being too much of a coward to meet constituents face to face.

They love this stuff.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
And I though phone sex was dumb.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have actually enjoyed telephone town halls. Of course our reps show up and do real town halls, too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the New Town Hall Meeting.  They are not going to show there face to their constituents.  They are a bunch of COWARDS!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
see what type of laws your state has about recording the calls.  my state, only 1 party has to know about the recording, so i could record any phone i call i had

record it, import it into computer and then convert to mp3 then put it up on youtube w/ pics of the rep as a photo collage

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quite dissapointed with Space, but then , he represents a bunch of unionite everyone-owes-me mentality SWOhio people........

In the sea of blue counties in Ohio, i'm glad mine went 65% for McCain the last election :)
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Time to go down to his office with a few friends.

Stay there untill he comes out and has a real "town hall Meeting".  like a man.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The office of Zack Space (D-18th district-Ohio) just called with a recorded message inviting me to take part in a live "telephone townhall meeting"  What the fuck is that?  They can't even show up in person now?  They don't want to know how their constituents feel?  I'll tell you what's up.  By doing it by telephone they; a. can screen the calls, picking and choosing who get's on.   b. don't have to see the anger on the people's faces.  c. dont' have to worry about the video of the tongue lashing they recieve getting out.  d. divide those for and against  it so that it looks like it's evenly split, instead of having 80% of the people show up against it.  Our government no longer represents the people, nor does it have any desire to.  My hope is quickly fading.  The govt. just doesn't give a fuck what we want any more.  It is corrupt to the core.

Our Rep does that all the time.  Considering the size of the state, for us it makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Telephone town hall meeting.  Might as well use an internet chat-room.  Well, our ruling elite doesn't want to mingle with the great unwashed mass of peasants.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#12]
EASY

Just call in saying you want to ask some dumbass easy question that will make him look good then BAM surprise but secks question.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
EASY

Just call in saying you want to ask some dumbass easy question that will make him look good then BAM surprise but secks question.

That was one of my first thoughts.  I bet there is a time lag though, so calls can be censored.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I would not gripe until I participated in the event. Our Republican Congressman does “live telephone townhall meetings" and he takes real questions from real constituents from both sides.

He sent my mother one of the recorded messages to participate which does not sound remarkable until you know she is a lifelong registered Democratic who worked for the Democratic Party and she did not vote for him… and he lets her ask questions without screening them. Now he could not have known she did not vote for him but he had to know she was a Democrat. She has done a couple of them and she has now says she will vote for him.

It may be a sham or he may in fact be trying to get a real measure of public feeling because he is worried.

Participate be civil, be tough, then bitch if it turns out to be a sham. You may in fact be getting real access to your rep. who is indeed concerned about public humor.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember the 4th of November 2010!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
EASY

That was one of my first thoughts.  I bet there is a time lag though, so calls can be censored.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember the 4th of November 2010!

Or better, start the recall process NOW.

Heh.  

Based on the spate of town hall messes, it looks like that tool Specter will be retiring soon.  I hope he has a lot of company.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#18]
lol
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Our Democratic party Governor, Reps & Senators only show up in the City of Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia or Everett, the biggest cities in the four counties that elected them. I'm represented by people like Sen Patti Murray, Sen Maria Cantwell, "Bagdhad" Jim McDermott and Gov. Christine Gregorie.

Trying to communicate with them is an exasperating experience.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Time to go down to his office with a few friends.

Stay there untill he comes out and has a real "town hall Meeting".  like a man.

My immediate reaction as well.

PR embarasment from hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top