Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 5:31:43 PM EDT
Well after 71 days of hurt, anger, depression, fear, anxiety, melancholia and whatever else you go through during a divorce I can almost see the proverbial light at the end.........

Got a court date set for next Wednesday.

It seems that no matter how obliging, punctual and agreeable I was that my wife turned into a mega-bitch just the same.

Crap, I filed, quit-claimed and moved out all within the same 3 day period and she still modified the %^&%$&*^%# marital dissolution agreement 2X.  Even tried for a third and "our" attorney told her enough was enough.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but all of my missing her, all the self-evaluations from front to back and back again, all the bad dreams, all the lack of intimacy/etc etc just seemed to whither away as she showed more and more of her true colors.

Now, although I still think it was totally avoidable, it is easy to see how much better off I am gonna be.

On with my life as they say...........
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
first things first....

GO OUT AND GET SOME!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear you're starting to get over her. It will still hurt off and on for ahwile, but it will fade.

Now go out and live man! Call up some old pals to do some shooting, or for a game of pool and a few beers.

Whatever, just get out and have some fun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Go have fun, but stay away from womenz.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Go have fun, but stay away from womenz.
View Quote

As much as I want to disagree w/ you.........I think you just may right!

Pool and beers sound real good!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Keeper!

Right now at the mercy of the Pentagon.  Waivers are so much fun to get approved.

Good days and bad but more good ones now than bad ones.

Getting there I suppose!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Marriage.  People marry because they want to be happy, then they get divorced later because they want to be happy. Seems sort of silly. I think I'll be a confirmed bachelor.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#10]
71 days?  You are so lucky!  Mine took 928 days.  All of it pure misery.  What ever you do, DO NOT get involved in a serious relationship.  Go out and have some fun, date, have sex, whatever... Just don't get serious.  Oh yeah, dont forget to pray to whatever God you pray to.  Thank him/her/it because you now are able to make another choice in the future.  Have a good one.
Joshua
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeh! Been here, done that, t-shirt to prove it!

It seems to me that for all our bravura and macho crap, it's we guys who are the romantics and the women are the true realists – if you think about it, they have gotta be!

This happened to me 17 years ago. A year later, I met my second wife – and it's been great ever since. It really ain't as bad bad as you might think right now.

Good luck, X-Kill
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems like an overwhelmingly number of us have had failed marriages, myself included.  Are we that hard to live with or is it that women in general want a man who is submissive to them and we are the type of guys who won't take that sh!t.

Good luck X-kill, I know what is feels like to have to go back on forth on the separation papers, my ex wants to be able to see the damn dog once a month!!!  This is the dog she clubbed with a golf club, gezzzzzz.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top