Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/3/2009 6:57:18 AM EDT
Is this really smoking gun of Obama's Kenyan birth?
Attorney files motion for authentication of alleged 1960s certificate from Africa
Posted: August 02, 2009
11:55 am Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily
WASHINGTON – California attorney Orly Taitz, who has filed a number of lawsuits demanding proof of Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as president, has released a copy of what purports to be a Kenyan certification of birth and has filed a new motion in U.S. District Court for its authentication.

This document purports to be a Kenyan certification of birth for Barack Obama, allegedly born in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1961
The document lists Obama's parents as Barack Hussein Obama and Stanley Ann Obama, formerly Stanley Ann Dunham, the birth date as Aug. 4, 1961, and the hospital of birth as Coast General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya.

Document enlarged to show detail alleges Barack Obama was born at Coast General Hospital in Mombasa on Aug. 4, 1961
No doctor is listed. But the alleged certificate bears the signature of the deputy registrar of Coast Province, Joshua Simon Couya. It was allegedly issued as a certified copy of the original in February 1964.
WND was able to obtain other birth certificates from Kenya for purposes of comparison, and the form of the documents appear to be identical.

An enlarged view of the bottom of the document

Last week, a counterfeit document purporting to be Obama's Kenyan birth certificate made the rounds of the Internet, but was quickly determined to be fraudulent. The new document released by Taitz bears none of the obvious traits of a hoax.
Taitz told WND that the document came from an anonymous source who doesn't want his name known because "he's afraid for his life."
Taitz's motion, filed yesterday in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, requests the purported evidence of Obama's birth – both the alleged birth certificate and foreign records not yet obtained – be preserved from destruction, asks for permission to legally request documents from Kenya and seeks a subpoena for deposition from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"I filed the motion with the court asking for expedited discovery, which would allow me to start subpoenas and depositions even before Obama and the government responds," Taitz told WND. "I am asking the judge to give me the power to subpoena the documents from the Kenyan embassy and to require a deposition from Hillary Clinton so they will be forced to authenticate [the birth certificate].
"I'm forcing the issue, where Obama will have to respond," she said.
"Before, they said, 'You don't have anything backing your claims,'" Taitz explained. "Now I have something. In fact, I have posted on the Internet more than Obama has. My birth certificate actually has signatures."
Join the petition campaign to demand President Obama resolve the question by revealing his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!
Taitz's most celebrated case involved a military officer, Maj. Stefan Cook, whose order to deploy to Afghanistan was revoked when he challenged Obama's eligibility to hold office. That case has now been refiled in federal court in Florida, raising the specter of a class-action claim among members of the military that their orders aren't valid because of questions surrounding Obama's constitutional eligibility.
Taitz told WND she plans to file additional paperwork with the Florida court tomorrow, adding the alleged Kenyan birth certificate to Maj. Cook's case.

The suit seeks damages and a declaratory judgment. Named as defendants are Simtech, Cook's former civilian employer, and several officials, including Col. Louis B. Wingate and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

I think he will have a hard time explaining this one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll take "It's a hoax" for $500 Alex.

World net Daily?  Are they reputable?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think this will go anywhere.

But I wish it would.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
in...again!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They have a birth certif at least.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
in...again!

WooHoo!! Me too!

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Now that I've seen the magnified pic of that document, it DEFINATELY is shopped.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
In on 1 this time!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Now that I've seen the magnified pic of that document, it DEFINATELY is shopped.

JPEG artifacts.   Document [whether forged or not]  is a real piece of paper.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

yea ok?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#10]
We had a 14? page thread on this yesterday and today that got locked because some asshats still haven't realized that threatening the life of the President is not acceptable behavior

The Kenya document looks very authentic (similar to all the British documents I have seen from the middle third of the 20th century) and the main perceived flaw in it is that it refers to the Republic of Kenya at a time when Kenya was still in the process of transitioning from a dominion to a republic. The date on the document is interesting in that it matches up with when Obama's mother would have needed proof of birth as part of her divorce from Obama's father. Is it real? possibly but probably not, I would like to see the court c ase go forward in order to have the document fully authenticated or debunked.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#11]
2nd time on 1!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#12]
OK.........so they have pictures of both his Hawaii cert and a Kenyan cert on the web........

Which one do you believe ?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why are the not?
I don't read their news but have read some books they've published.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
in!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JPEG artifacts. Document [whether forged or not] is a real piece of paper.

This is a jpeg photograph of the actual document which is retained by Orly Taitz or someone

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

OK.........so they have pictures of both his Hawaii cert and a Kenyan cert on the web........

I believe that there is a record of Obama's birth in Hawaii, the question is was that birth witnessed by medical personnel or was it just a report of the birth made by the mother?

If his birth on record in Hawaii is based solely on his mother's word that does not preclude him actually having been born elsewhere. That is what I would like to see investigated further as Obama's refusal to allow the full release of Hawaii records is an affront to the Constitution and it's requirement that the President be a natural-born Citizen.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#17]
In on one this time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JPEG artifacts. Document [whether forged or not] is a real piece of paper.
This is a jpeg photograph of the actual document which is retained by Orly Taitz or someone

Where there's smoke, there's smoke?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey Dan, Dan Rather, is this real? Perhaps it is a forgery , but with factual information. What do you say Dan?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

In on one this time.

+1

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Einee, meenie, miney, moe.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are the not?
I don't read their news but have read some books they've published.

So they are reputable?  I really wasn't sure.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey Dan, Dan Rather, is this real? Perhaps it is a forgery , but with factual information. What do you say Dan?

I say I dunno.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
In on one this time.

+1

+1
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#26]
wont matter even if it is real.. it will go to court which will take forever , then IF it is ruled that obama isnt a natural born then b y the time they get done dragging their politically correct feet on how to impeach the first black president his term of office wil lbe over and it wont matter anyway.. so whats the point other than making a point?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
In on one this time.

+1

+2

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that there is a record of Obama's birth in Hawaii, the question is was that birth witnessed by medical personnel or was it just a report of the birth made by the mother?

If his birth on record in Hawaii is based solely on his mother's word that does not preclude him actually having been born elsewhere. That is what I would like to see investigated further as Obama's refusal to allow the full release of Hawaii records is an affront to the Constitution and it's requirement that the President be a natural-born Citizen.

His mother was known to lie about all kinds of things to mooch services from the state.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#29]
What happens if you were born somewhere while your parents were on vacation. Say to Canada, and you popped out premature. Would that stop you from being the POTUS, if both your parents were US citizens?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
In on one this time.

+1

+2

Best screen name EVER
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#31]
With this kind of evidence, I am sure that obama will be stepping down any day now...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#32]
In on ! again
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What happens if you were born somewhere while your parents were on vacation. Say to Canada, and you popped out premature. Would that stop you from being the POTUS, if both your parents were US citizens?

A child born to a US citizen has US citizenship conferred upon them by virtue of their parents. They are considered Natural Born.

In the case of Obama, his mother was 17 at the time he was born, and therefore, if he was not born on US soil, she was not old enough to confer citizenship upon him.

That's the reality of living your life as a leftist radical, on the fringes of society.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Its probably fake, but like everybody else, I'd just like this issue cleared up once and for all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Kenya wasn't the Republic of Kenya until 1964...

That document cites 1961.  Oops.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Its probably fake, but like everybody else, I'd just like this issue cleared up once and for all.

That was my point all said and done.
If its real get his ass out of there, if its fake, show the real one and I will shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If both your parents were citizens, it wouldn't matter.  In BHOs case it would.  His mother was a citizen but did not have the US residency requirements for that time period to give birth to a US citizen outside the US.  It's complicated to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Something tells me the same people insisting the Hawaii Birth Certificate be literally called a "Birth Certificate" and that the original one on file with the government is all that is acceptable will suddenly change their standards when it comes to documents from a third world African country, where such documents are likely readily available for the right price.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#39]
WooHooo! In Again!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The constant obfuscation by the administration is what piqued my interest in the issue.
I dismissed it, at first.

He's acting like he has something to hide.
Which is odd, considering his claims to openness and clarity.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have a birth certif at least.

I see what you did there.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Something tells me the same people insisting the Hawaii Birth Certificate be literally called a "Birth Certificate" and that the original one on file with the government is all that is acceptable will suddenly change their standards when it comes to documents from a third world African country, where such documents are likely readily available for the right price.

They're available from the State of Hawai'i simply by standing in front of an official and saying "I was born here."
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Well Dave_A told me this one is fake.......

I believe Dave_A................

the STATE* of Hawaii is more credible than Kenya.........

STATE* of HAwaii has nothing to gain by lying......

Kenya has everything to gain by lying.........

And yes..............
In real life i talk in halting sentences  like i've been blasted with Martian Radiation.............

* ALL HAIL THE STATE. (what state? any state!)
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#44]
in on 1
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're available from the State of Hawai'i simply by standing in front of an official and saying "I was born here."

Whereas In Kenya, the government holds much stricter standards, and always has?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Kenya wasn't the Republic of Kenya until 1964...

That document cites 1961.  Oops.

it is supposedly a duplicate copy. requested by someone in 1964. it then goes into archives with the original. i had to get one for my honeymoon as i needed it to travel and did not want  to risk losing the original. had the birth date on it but also had the issue year as 04.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#48]
This Stanley Ann Dunham Obama Soetoro was quite a character. If she was was an anthropologist, are there any of her published writings about something like basket weaving in the Molluccas?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#49]
I reserved judgment in the other thread, but after seeing a close up it is no doubt a Photo shop.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#50]
IOO....    Can we PLEASE let this die?  It's just making us look pathetic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top