Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:45:37 PM EDT
So, do you think Al Franken is being "groomed" for whatever?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_franken_at_work

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Please God no!

He is one of the battiest of the moonbats and a complete fucking dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That douche nozzle won in an extremely liberal state by 300-some votes...A state with a huge Acorn fraudulent vote presence, and when a lot of people in that state voted for Obama but didn't vote for him.  Oh, and MN was one of the states with an extremely high number of military ballots that didn't get counted.  In other words, his election was the mother of all flukes.  They can go ahead and groom him, he'll fall flat on his face at the next election.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Replacement?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep!  He's probably being "groomed" by  Barney Frank as we speak.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
As they say, "You can't polish a Turd."
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
In the end, that kind of thing could very well blow up in their face, much like all the silly shit Obama is doing. I realize that right now, that is a pretty scary proposition but I am confident that he will dig his own grave.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There is probably more truth to that than you know!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well you can polish a turd but it is still a turd.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
After a couple of years, this clown will stink so bad that he will unelectable for any position.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That douche nozzle won in an extremely liberal state by 300-some votes...A state with a huge Acorn fraudulent vote presence, and when a lot of people in that state voted for Obama but didn't vote for him.  Oh, and MN was one of the states with an extremely high number of military ballots that didn't get counted.  In other words, his election was the mother of all flukes.  They can go ahead and groom him, he'll fall flat on his face at the next election.  

That so-called election was so full of shenanigans,  I only pray that someday the truth will come out and someone or a few someones will go to jail for it.

On the other hand, I do at least grudgingly appreciate that Franken is keeping his head down and not making a fool of himself.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Why Oh Why was he sitting in on the Sotomayer confirmation hearings and why oh why was the most junior senator allowed to even ask her questions.

There is some major ass sucking going on up there on the beltway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:52:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Total douchbag! I figured that out when he was on SNL back in the 70's.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

hah!  you may be right!  have you seen franken's wife?   She looks like someone lit her face on fire and put it out with an ax
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#15]
What a fucking idiot.  Minnesota - you should be ashamed of yourself.

Funny how the libs like to portray Governor Palin as an idiot when they have this comedian running around the capitol.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2012154/swift_boat_ads_trigger_al_franken_confrontation.html

Swift Boat Ads Trigger Al Franken Confrontation with T. Boone Pickens

The Swift Boat ads created a firestorm all their own in 2004, as the Swift Boat ads legacy is still referenced today. The Swift Boat ads even became a point of debate during a lunch time speech about wind energy, since a Swift Boat ads mastermind was giving the speech, according to Al
Swift Boat Ads Trigger Al Franken Confrontation with T. Boone Pickens Franken. T. Boone Pickens is credited with helping to fund the Swift Boat ads, but is now best known for trying to make wind energy popular in America. But bitterness over the Swift Boat ads was the main order of the day for Al Franken, according to sources.

Politico.com reported that Al Franken got into a "heated confrontation" with T. Boone Pickens after a luncheon on Thursday. Pickens was addressing the Senate Democratic Policy Committee about his campaign to make wind energy replace oil and fossil fuels.

However, the Swift Boat ads were the main campaign that Franken attacked T. Boone Pickens over. Pickens financed the infamous Swift Boat ads that sunk John Kerry's Presidential campaign in 2004, and accused him of being less heroic in Vietnam than everyone thought he was.

The accusations gained enough traction - while Kerry took so long in denouncing them - that the Swift Boat ads became a main reason for Kerry's defeat to President Bush. Since then, "Swift Boat" has become the dominant catchphrase for a questionable political ad, and for attack campaigns on certain issues.

Al Franken was apparently not ready to forgive or forget about Pickens' role in the Swift Boat ads, which excited the liberals who were not comfortable with Pickens being on the Hill in the first place.

However, although Pickens helped defeat the Democrats in 2004, his work in trying to get America off fossil fuels and oil has won him some support in other liberal circles - at least among those that invited him to the lunch.

Just a few weeks into his term as Senator, Franken has already shown his devotion to the left - and given further fodder for conservatives to say he is one of the "looney left."

As for the Swift Boat ads themselves, they still remain a hot-button issue five years later. They are also still a common term to use for Democrats when they accuse Republicans of derailing the health care debate - or to warn
Swift Boat Ads Trigger Al Franken Confrontation with T. Boone Pickens Obama to be more angry and forceful with said Republicans than Kerry was.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Minnesota's Recal provision:
MN Statute 211C.01
State officers can be recalled for “malfeasance,” “nonfeasance,” and “serious crime.”
<...>
Nonfeasance means intentionally and repeatedly not performing required duties of the office.
<...>
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That douche did not win.......fyi
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hard for liberals to be embarassed.   They can mis-calibrate their words occasionally or forget what they meant when using the word "is".

They certainly have no shame when they say they "can spend your money better than you can".
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I tend to thing "housebroken" instead of "groomed."
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

he only won because our Soros backed secretary of state allowed just enough vote fraud to pull out the win.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#22]
They need to stick him in a corner away from any cameras.  If they try to hold him up as a standard-bearer, they are doomed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Groomed?  Franken?  This is as good as it gets for him.

What is it with Minnesota and reject polticians?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:00:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you can polish a turd but it is still a turd.

BigDozer66

Sometimes if you polish a turd, it can end up looking like a Kenyan.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I still can't believe he is in the Senate.  When I first heard he was running I thought to myself, "Yeah right, like he even has a chance".  I now lump Minnesota in with New York, California, NJ, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.  People from other states get pissed off over talk of Texas succession.  If any of those states that I mentioned want to leave the union, I'm really okay with that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top