Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 11:58:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Again ?  didn't this just happen a while ago and one of them recived the death penalty ?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
These guys escaped about an hour west of me. They'll turn up sooner or later.

The guys that recently got the death penalty escaped over a year ago and killed a cop right outside of Dallas.

Prisoners escape all of the time in every state. The only reason it's news here in Texas is because it doesn't happen very often here. The fact that the state of Texas has more people in prison than just about any other [b]country[/b] in the world doesn't help though.

I'm sure the Texas Rangers are out looking for these guys and they know they are in deep shit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:
These guys escaped about an hour west of me. They'll turn up sooner or later.

The guys that recently got the death penalty escaped over a year ago and killed a cop right outside of Dallas.

Prisoners escape all of the time in every state. The only reason it's news here in Texas is because it doesn't happen very often here. The fact that the state of Texas has more people in prison than just about any other [b]country[/b] in the world doesn't help though.

I'm sure the Texas Rangers are out looking for these guys and they know they are in deep shit.
View Quote
[/b]

Ponyboy. The Texas Seven Fiasco , it was one of the few times that I felt like I was under-armed at home.
View Quote

Yeah, especially after they hit the sporting goods section and stole all of those firearms right before they killed Aubrey Hawkins. That is when you knew for sure they were armed and dangerous.

Truthfully, I'm very surprised that those guys were ever taken alive. I was expecting to see them on tv holed up somewhere exchanging gunfire.

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Nah, not to worry. Criminals are basically cowards, and prefer helpless victims who won't shoot back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
These guys escaped about 30 miles from me. I've got a friend that was a juror on the trial of one of the guys who killed the cheerleader. He says Gambill appears to have no remorse at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Truthfully, I'm very surprised that those guys were ever taken alive. I was expecting to see them on tv holed up somewhere exchanging gunfire.

View Quote

I think everybody did.

I put the short barrel on my shotgun and loaded it up when I heard they were up here. That's something I don't usually do.

They were found about 3-4 hours east of me. Whew.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Seriously,

I thought this link would be about Stokes and 1Gunrunner returning to DFW... hehehe

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks mojo.  It's sure comforting to have an M16 at times like this though, isn't it!! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks mojo.  It's sure comforting to have an M16 at times like this though, isn't it!! [:D]
View Quote

Mojo, M16, nah.... He just bumpfires his 10-22, like Imbrog|io....

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Aw Hell, if it gets too serious, I've got a 10/22 too!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Hello all, Just a little tidbit for ya....I was at the Oshmans where the Texas seven shot a cop--4 hours before they were.........
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nah, not to worry. Criminals are basically cowards, and prefer helpless victims who won't shoot back.
View Quote

Funny thing is, if you substitute "liberals" for "criminals" in the above sentence - it's just as true! [:D]

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hello all, Just a little tidbit for ya....I was at the Oshmans where the Texas seven shot a cop--4 hours before they were.........
View Quote

When I was in highschool some friends and I rented out a hotel room. We brought in a keg and invited a few other people over for a night of "festivities". Not long after the keg had been tapped the manager was knocking on the door to investigate complaints about us being too loud and the fact that there was 20 people in a room that was booked for two. Needless to say we got booted.

Later on that night around midnight or so the place got held up and the manager was shot and killed. It's pretty weird thinking about it, cause that same guy kicked us out and was all pissed off only to lose his life later that night.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that the state of Texas has more people in prison than just about any other [b]country[/b] in the world doesn't help though.
View Quote

Couldn't you just give Texas back to Mexico sounds like a bum deal for us...Bwahhaaa!!! I know one state they ain't headed for, Massachusetts...they can't spell it....arf

Gib

(Turnout gear and Scott Air pac on) ;{>
View Quote

Hell no, cause we got [b]chain gangs[/b]! Nothin like seeing a bunch of criminals in black and white striped uniforms picking up trash on the side of the highway with a guy holding a shotgun supervising. Brings a smile to my face!  [:)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Just hide your Pom-Poms and you should be safe........ [bounce]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seriously,

I thought this link would be about Stokes and 1Gunrunner returning to DFW... hehehe

TheRedGoat
View Quote

HEY!!! - Don't mess with Texas! or us.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top