Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 8:42:49 PM EDT
Oh boy, Jojo has done it now.  At about 8pm I went out for a smoke and left the door cracked so I could hear the phone or anyone calling me.  My roomies dog decided to bail the house and he just brought him home this afternoon.  

It gets better... I run after this dog for like a whole block till I was wheezing.  The fat ugly bastard manages to elude me.  I get home to find him just getting back from the store.  Oh shit.

I told him what happened and gave him a check for 50 bucks to cover a newspaper ad and enough alcohol to get this off his mind.  

So, here I sit, powerless to catch this heathen dog, feeling stupid for losing his dog.

It was a Lab/Sharpie mix and one hell of an ugly slobbering dog.

Unfortunately, I tried thinking like a dog, you know "If I was a dog, where would I go?"  but all I could come up with was "I'd go hump legs"

Dammit, my roomie looks crushed.  He's like not talking to me, and only took my check because I threatened to break his nose if he didn't.

And before this, tonight was looking alright...

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be REAL pissed too if I were him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Dammit, my roomie looks crushed.  He's like not talking to me, and only took my check because I threatened to break his nose if he didn't.

And before this, tonight was looking alright...

NSF
View Quote

Maybe the dog will come back after wandering around the block.

Somehow I don't think threatening to break his nose will make him feel better...
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Man..that sucks..I would also be pissed if someone lost my dog.

However, the dog has to take a dump and he would have had to go outside sometime..he probably would have ran off then also..unless he gets put on a chain.

medcop
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Just think, if you didn't smoke, you would have been able to run more than 1 block & would have been able to catch a slow fat dog. [}:D] [}:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I threatend to break his nose because he wouldn't accept that I was at fault.  Then he refused to take my money to bankroll a search for it.  

Yeh, he'll probably feel bad for a couple weeks, but it's like a herpes infection, it's bad for the first few days, then goes away and only comes up every once and awhile.  Uh, not that I know.

NSF
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
A dog in that situation will not have anything familiar to come back to. You'll have to find it the hard way.

Also, it's been proven that  too many animals running away at the same time causes earthquakes. If my house slides into the ocean you are going to owe me more than beer.

On second thought, I have an idea. Just let me sell it first.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Classic!

Now, I've lost a few pups early on in their lives, found them too by simply looking for them for more than ten minutes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just think, if you didn't smoke, you would have been able to run more than 1 block & would have been able to catch a slow fat dog. [}:D] [}:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
View Quote

Actually, if the immortal Mall Ninja didn't smoke, he wouldn't have been outside with the door cracked in the first place.

This whole thing stinks of a vast right-wing conspiracy.  I'm betting you were in on the Buddy assassination too, weren't you Jojo?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]

So, what did Rachel and Monica think about all this?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ColtShorty
View Quote

I was thinking if he didn't smoke he wouldn't have been outside with the door left open for the dog to escape through.  I say you should sue the tobacco company. [:D]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm almost tempted to hand you over my puppy of three weeks now.  I shit you not, he is the obligatory red headed step child....[;)]

Seriously man, if it was a mix and he just got it...why doncha just go down to the pound or humane society and pick up another cutie?  He'll be over the ugly fatty in a few days.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#13]
You gotta go outside to smoke at your own crib...?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The dog is dead....Long Live The Dog!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:58:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Just finished my Lo Mein... Didn't taste fat or ugly, I don't think that I had your dog.

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Jojo: You heartless bastard!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Reality check,
Your Roomy brought home a new dog and left it unsecured in its new home. How is that your fault. The dog does not know it's his new home he thinks its someplace other than the place it is used live in. He tried or is trying to go back to his "home"
 I have had several dogs, the key to sucess is not attaching human thought to canines.
First Rule.
New Dog secured in new home until he gets used to it. Feed him in the home, walk perimeter of property, play in the yard, get him used to it.
Second Rule
The leash or long training lead is used at all times. After 4 years my Dog still brings me the leash so he can go out.
The dog should have been better taken care of by its OWNER, you should not feel bad that he let this happen. The dog in this case is smarter than it's owner. He left, you're still stuck with the roomy.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Note to self: "Leave JoJo in charge of nothing in Vegas."
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#19]
LMAO, great story.  "fat ugly bastard manages to elude me" that's great.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Wish I could take the lil fella off your hands, but no room in my life for a dog right now. [:(]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah thats a cute dog, I can't believe no one from this board in ALABAMA wants to get im off ya.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#23]
So what's the status on the missing dog?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top