Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2002 10:03:10 AM EDT
[b]I cut and pasted this from another forum I post in, but figured you guys may help me out also... PLEEEEASE!!![/b]

UUUUUUUUH ARRR!!! #%$&*@... I HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!
It's called "A RAT!" or better known to you as a squirrel. What is the problem you ask? WEEELL, he's been living in my attic for the last 6 months, he's very brazen and elusive, kinda like Bin Laden, plus, HE JUST DUG A FRIGGIN" HOLE THROUGH MY CEILING!!!
Sure, right now it's only the size of a pencil eraser, BUUUUT, it's still there, and now I am mad and THIS IS WAR!!!
Let me tell you about my little buddy. When I discovered he was living there, I left him alone because he is a little gray and he wasn't bothering anyone. Two months ago, the little snot got brazen. He decided to play truth or dare and he liturally ran around under our feed as we were about to shoot my friends Buckmark. Twenty rounds later after a frenzy of gunshots, still no squirrel. I even managed to grab him by his tail once to bash him so my friend could shoot it, but I had to let it go because he balled up on me too fast and tried to bite me.
This must be his revenge for that day. It started the other day when I heard scratching in the attic above my daughter's room. I tell my wife to pick up some bird shot for the .22. Before my wife gets home with it, I hear my daughter hollering for me. I go back there and see her setting there with her arms folded and this white dust pouring on top of her head. She points up and says, "I think we got a problem."
My wife gets home with ammo but squirrel no were to be found. That was about four days ago, this morning, I hear him scratching above our master bathroom. Again, he too elusive. I think I'm going to wait until tonight when he beds down again then get the bird shot and do a little squirrel hunting in my attic.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I know it sounds crazy but slice up a bunch of bars of green Irish Spring soap and spread it out in your attic.  I ran a free skwerl motel in my attic for years until I tried this.  Now, if the skwerl has babies it might not leave. But when it does it probably won't come back.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
time to play sniper.  either that or borrow someones cat.  i would just put some food out and wait with the .22
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Feed him, talk to him, make him your friend.  When he's close and secure enough to eat out of your hand,... rip out his heart with a claw hammer.

(The previous was taken from the bitter womans handbook).

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Try one of those "Coleman" electronic pest repellers.  Buy it somewhere with a good return policy so you can take it back if it doesn't work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had rats living in my attic.  Every morning around 5:00 it sounded like they were playing kickball up there.  You could hear them running back and forth.  I finally got fed up with that and put some large rat traps with cheese on them.  Next morning at 5:00 I heard this one rat literally galloping across the ceiling, followed by a loud, satisfying SNAP!, then squealing, then quiet.  Just had to go up and pick up the mess.  The rest I got either that way or with the BB gun.  Then found where they were coming from and sealed it.  There is a great foam product that comes in a can... it really works.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem 3 years ago.

I bought a bunch of those sticky-traps. You know,the mouse traps with the HIGHLY adhesive glue on them.
I put about 15 of them together so that they covered a good 2square feet of floor.
I put a slice of bread(slathered in peanut butter)in the center.
When I heard the sound of a crazed squrrel trying to shake free of the traps, I went upstairs and pulverized it with a boot-heel.
Primative but effective.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the bigest meanest cat you can find lock him up in your attic and don't feed him till he has done the deed. If this doesn't work after a few days camp out in the attic with the .22 till you kill both the lame cat and the bothersom squirrel LOL

just my .02  [kill]

[}:)]

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Squirrel invasions are a real problem around here. Best results seem to be using "Catch 'em Alive" trap baited with a jar lid of peanut butter. You'll hear him in the trap throwing a conniption fit. You can take him for a ride in the country or you can, as we do in Jersey. have Dominic and Nunzio "take him for a ride".
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
try a Victor Rat Trap, with a little peanut butter (crunchy kind) set the trap, watch your fingers... if it doesn't kill the little bastard he'll be pinned well enough to "rip his hart out with a claw hammer".
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
That wasn't a squirrel making those holes, that was Imbroglio installing the wireless X10 cameras so he can get pics of your wife and daughter.  [:O]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you do, don't call in the SWAT team... they'll probably raid the wrong attic!!

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=89230[/url]  [;D]

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, I think you found my long-lost relative.  We critters don't die, we just multiply. Give it up and just live with us!   [:D]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Cage trap with peanut butter.  Get the biggest trap possible since you may need it for something bigger in the future (cats, coons, etc.)

I had a red squirrel eating my bird seed in the barn.  After I lived trapped him, I decided to let my beagle puppy chase him through the field.  He had so much fun, that I trap the little bastard every weekend for him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe a mole getter would work.  They're basically a sulphur candle that gives off sulphur dioxide when it burns, should kill everything in the attic.  Or a small dish of anti-freeze would probably do the trick.  Followed by a handfull of mothballs every now and then to keep the rest of the squirrel clan from moving in later.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://www.recguns.com/Images/gatling2.jpg[/img]

this is what I used to get rid of the squirrels that were raiding the birdfeeder in my grandma's back yard. It worked pretty well, but the neighbors complained.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Could you like,,, mount that thing in my attic for a few days, the birdshot just pissed him off last night.
But I did manage to evict him for the rest of the night?

[b]I think my next trick I'm going to try is, filling the bug zapper up with birdseed, then watch him try to get at it for a few days.[/b] [X]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top