Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 50
Posted: 6/22/2009 11:51:00 AM EDT
Whatever happened to all of those new jobs that the Halfrican was going to conjure up?

We're on an elevator ride straight to hell.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090622/pl_nm/us_obama_unemployment_2
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Combine that with this ...

We're in for some good times ahead...
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Obama is a follower of the Cheaper Than Dirt School of Economics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whatever happened to all of those new jobs that the Halfrican was going to conjure up?

I could have swore that I read somewhere that un-employment was already at 10.6%....can anybody make up thier mind or report the actual Truth??
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah; I don't see how President Printmore is going to get us out of this mess.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep wondering how much of my bank account I should pull out and purchase durable goods with...
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w233/venemanuarizonaedu/Obamadecreasesunempoloyemenyby-12.jpg

That's pretty good!
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could have swore that I read somewhere that un-employment was already at 10.6%....can anybody make up thier mind or report the actual Truth??

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm

It is.  You are correct.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
hell, even the weekend NPR program was taking BHO to task for the White House admitting his "we saved 150K jobs" claim was based purely on a guess.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I and another buddy have been talking for months about how bad it could get.  You're right––we ain't seen nothing yet.

HH
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Just remember one critical thing:
It is Bush's fault
It will always be Bush's fault.

Repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard this while selling my plasma to make ends meet.The guy screeening me said his mother worked at the Employment Office here in Oregon.According to him,in a conversation about the job market she told him unemployment in this state was a lot closer to 20% because agricultural workers,people forced to take part-time jobs,fishermen,and seasonal workers are not counted and there has been some nervous discussions about how long Oregon can afford to pay out benefits at this level.I know this is all second and third hand information,but it seems to check out.If anybody has any more info,please post.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm ready, are you?
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]
From the Wa-Po.

With many forecasters projecting unemployment to remain above 10 percent next year and not return to pre-recession levels of roughly 5 percent for years after that, Obama is likely to be confronted with defending the effectiveness of his economic policies as the nation endures its worst employment situation in a generation.

Analysts say the high levels of joblessness would be accompanied by increases in child poverty, strained government budgets, and black and Latino unemployment rates approaching 20 percent.

"I find it unfathomable that people are not horrified about what is going to happen," said Lawrence Mishel, president of the Economic Policy Institute. "I regard all this talk about how the recession is maybe going to end, all the talk about deficits and inflation, to be the equivalent of telling Americans, 'You are just going to have to tough it out.' But we're looking at persistent unemployment that is going to be extraordinarily damaging to many communities. There is a ton of pain in the pipeline."

Trust me, I'm pretty fucking horrified at the moment. My wife just got a job, 38 miles one way from home, after 8 months laid off. If unemployment continues to rise, and gas prices go back up to 3.50-4.00 a gallon the economy is going to get power flushed into the shitter.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I keep wondering how much of my bank account I should pull out and purchase durable goods with...

Look at it this way; you are receiving virtually no interest on your savings which are depreciating in value; since it's currently the government's policy to ensure that others have the use of your money at no cost to themselves.

I just found a bank that offered me the "extremely competetive rate" of 2.2% with a very large account balance.

Most people are receiving substantially less than 1% on their money which is subject to taxation.

President Printmore is turning American's lifetime of savings into dust even as we speak.

At some point something's gotta give and I believe we're at that point right now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I and another buddy have been talking for months about how bad it could get.  You're right––we ain't seen nothing yet.

HH

I agree

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

HH

I have applied for no less than 30 jobs in and around D.C., for anything from facility maintenance to transportation not a call one I'm so fucking depressed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w233/venemanuarizonaedu/Obamadecreasesunempoloyemenyby-12.jpg

Damn, the slope of the actual unemployment rate is almost undefined!!!

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#19]
If you listen to Obumble and his sidekick monkey, they consider that jobs saved are jobs gained.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#20]
All my neighbors have there heads in the sand. I have my head swiveling. It doesn`t look good from my point of view. We are well stocked in all areas. I just got my best friends wife ( a full blown trauma nurse) to get me a SHTF medical kit together. It even has one of the laser devices to stop bleeding with. I`m not the brightest guy on the block but even I can see the writing on the wall. We are going to have rolling blackouts in sweltering heat. Obammie is an idiot. The stock market is faltering. People are broke. This just adds up to bad times ahead.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you listen to Obumble and his sidekick monkey, they consider that jobs saved are jobs gained.

Problem is; with over 10% unemployment, jobs aren't being saved, they're being lost.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All my neighbors have there heads in the sand. I have my head swiveling. It doesn`t look good from my point of view. We are well stocked in all areas. I just got my best friends wife ( a full blown trauma nurse) to get me a SHTF medical kit together. It even has one of the laser devices to stop bleeding with. I`m not the brightest guy on the block but even I can see the writing on the wall. We are going to have rolling blackouts in sweltering heat. Obammie is an idiot. The stock market is faltering. People are broke. This just adds up to bad times ahead.

Yup; the stock market is faltering and our savings are being confiscated due to nonexistent returns as well.

The housing market has evaporated, and with it; the accumulated wealth of many middle class Americans..

I never would have believed that I could be so worried about the future of this country or that I would seriously even consider the possibility that the shit would ever hot the fan as I'm now fairly certain that it will.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#23]
BUT HE SAID IF WE GAVE HIM 800 BILLION DOLLARS, UNEMPLOYMENT WOULD STAY BELOW 7% AND ICE CREAM AND FLOWERS WOULD FALL FROM THE SKY!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I have several neighbors who grew up during the depression. A couple of them say what's coming is going to be worse.

Obama and crew have done everything they can to make things worse. The porkulus bill won't create a single job. All its going to do is keep some people employed that otherwise would have gotten layoffs.

Now Big Ears wants to spend another 2 trillion dollar on a doomed at the start socialized medical program while putting cap and trade taxes on energy to fight "global warming". To top it off the drilling and clean coal he was so for during the campaign have been pushed off the agenda. How about all those nuke plants he said would be a way to go? We're going to build one for the arabs but not here.

When unemployment hits 20% the shit is really going to fly then. Guess we'll see Obama trying to put the corncob back in the pig at that point.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BUT HE SAID IF WE GAVE HIM 800 BILLION DOLLARS, UNEMPLOYMENT WOULD STAY BELOW 7% AND ICE CREAM AND FLOWERS WOULD FALL FROM THE SKY!!

And unicorns would poop skitles to happy-faced children all over America!

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have several neighbors who grew up during the depression. A couple of them say what's coming is going to be worse.

Obama and crew have done everything they can to make things worse. The porkulus bill won't create a single job. All its going to do is keep some people employed that otherwise would have gotten layoffs.

Now Big Ears wants to spend another 2 trillion dollar on a doomed at the start socialized medical program while putting cap and trade taxes on energy to fight "global warming". To top it off the drilling and clean coal he was so for during the campaign have been pushed off the agenda. How about all those nuke plants he said would be a way to go? We're going to build one for the arabs but not here.

When unemployment hits 20% the shit is really going to fly then. Guess we'll see Obama trying to put the corncob back in the pig at that point.

That's what happens when you have a subversive who wants the system to collapse sitting in the Oval Office.

This whole damn thing reads like a cheesy political thriller novel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

I have applied for no less than 30 jobs in and around D.C., for anything from facility maintenance to transportation not a call one I'm so fucking depressed.

Any thoughts of moving to another state/city where it's not so bad?

HH
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah; I don't see how President Printmore is going to get us out of this mess.

Printmore and raise taxes!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Man, I feel guilty by laughing at that...
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

Any thoughts of moving to another state/city where it's not so bad?

HH

DC is on of the few places where the jobless rate hasn't sky rocketed (courtesy of the massive amounts of money flowing from Uncle Sammy).  Texas seems to be holding on for now as well but via it's own resources not ours.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

Trust me on this one. You are definitely not alone. The town I live in is at 10.9% unemployment and the county next to me is at 16%.

Around 100 resumes out an no calls. Sounds like par for the course right now.

HR isn't even bothering to send those form letters telling folks they are declined for the job.

You know what really pisses me off:

Our county workers still continue to get raises, ride around two to a pickup, hide and do nothing, and still want more money.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#32]
My old boss back in CA works for a division of CA Dept. of Human Services. Their first quarter 2009 stats show a mean loss of over 3000 employed/employable CA residents PER DAY, including adjustments for mortality, incarceration, military service and long-term absences. This is just the workforce, and does not included kids or retirees. These are internal statistics and not those published for use by various CA .gov entities.

Last one out of CA, hang up the sign that says "cerrado".
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Yup.

All joking aside.......its a frigging mess and fixin' to get alot worse.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#34]
it's all part of the plan, google "cloward-piven" strategy and you'll see it all detailed there. the half-african intends to destroy the middle class to usher in his workers paradise.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#35]
For a president promising change, he has no working knowledge of calculus.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

Trust me on this one. You are definitely not alone. The town I live in is at 10.9% unemployment and the county next to me is at 16%.

Around 100 resumes out an no calls. Sounds like par for the course right now.

HR isn't even bothering to send those form letters telling folks they are declined for the job.

You know what really pisses me off:

Our county workers still continue to get raises, ride around two to a pickup, hide and do nothing, and still want more money.

THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A RACIST REMARK.
That being said, I just witenessed yesterday a group of minorities picketing a construction site saying "unfair wages".  I thought to myself...you bastards, there are a ton of people who don't have jobs and you want a freakin raise?
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I really believe that voting has been proven futile ( and will get worse and people vote in whoever gives them the most entitlements), and the we need a "reset" aka failure.  

It looks like it's getting closer by the day between news on the economy and further government regulations/taxes/entities.

God help us all.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And unicorns would poop skitles to happy-faced children all over America!

And 53% of Americans believed him!  
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#39]
So this is what really happens when you divide by zero I guess
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I am more than a little concerned about what is going on right now, not to mention thinking about probable outcomes.  I have two small daughters, and this is weighing heavily on my mind.  My wife is not yet on board with my preps,and keeps asking me to stop buying beans & rice, etc.  So, I just keep working hard and training BJJ(mostly for aerobic excercise and stress release), and go to the range when I can.

I am extremely suspicious of the FDIC right now.  When they started running commercials telling me how safe my money was, I couldn't help but wonder why they are spinning that BS.  Keep back at least some cash from each paycheck.  Something very fishy is going on.  Pending bank holidays?  Who knows...

I am counting on some brownouts.  If they don't happen, great.  I love air conditioning as much as the next guy, but I can do without if I have to.

Theft is WAY up here.  If this trend continues, I expect an increase in mugging, home invasions and all sorts of violent crime.  And, the economy is pretty decent here.  Granted, we already have 100-degree weather, but the crime is more a sign of the low-lifes honing their skills IMO.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For a president promising change, he has no working knowledge of calculus.

I'll go one further.

Our President has no working knowledge of working.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#42]
It get's worse. Simple political dissent, (criticising the .gov) will label you a low level "domestic terrorist" and you are going to get rat fucked out of being able to buy a weapon.

True story: Check out Frank Lautenbergs H.R 2159

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h2159/text

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

Keep at it.

My EX father in law showed me what it takes.

He was pres of a small company, not the owner.  Company got bought out.

He was looking for another job.  He sent out 400 resumes on his first mailing, and 300 on his next.

He was in Indianapolis.  He ended up in Minnesota.

The point it, there are jobs out there, you just have to look harder than 11 percent of the folks now.  Usually, you only have to look harder than 5%, but with Obamanomics, it will be worse.

Still

KEEP AT IT.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It get's worse. Simple political dissent, (criticising the .gov) will label you a low level "domestic terrorist" and you are going to get rat fucked out of being able to buy a weapon.

"To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny
the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives
licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist."

And the standard for his discretion is very, very low.

‘The Attorney General may deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to
section 922(t)(1)(B)(ii) if the Attorney General determines that the
transferee is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been
engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or
related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the
Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the prospective
transferee may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.’;

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I listen to 820 am WBAP here in Dallas most of the day.  The morning show host is an older, experienced fellow.  He is a pretty conservative guy in general, very witty and funny, but not some uber genius at politics.

He was pissed that almost 1.2 million people on the terrorist watch list can't fly, can't do many things, but can still get a gun.

He was pissed about this from when he read it this weekend.  He said if you are on the terrorist watch list, you should not be able to get a gun.

When one of his AIRBORN TRAFFIC folks, the FEMALE ONE, said that she was on the no fly list, he pretty much clammed up.

I think he received a few emails explaining RIGHTS as well.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Not to worry, they have Bush to blame, nothing is ever going to be Obama's fault.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I take offense to the "halfrican" moniker... but otherwise I see your point.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I feel he will be a one term President.............people will get fed up with the promises that go unfulfilled( promises that he could never deliver)

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#50]
And people painted some of us as doom and gloomers when we called the recent uptrend in the DOW a "suckers rally".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top