Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 50
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I just can't decide.  Should I keep the cash and 'hope' things work themselves out or go buy a motorcycle?

The motorcycle is something that will be 'useful and durable' and easy on gas since gas prices will
probably go through the roof too or even become scarce.

If I keep the cash at least I could buy food so long as someone will still take the dollars and will be exhausted in time anyway.

Decisions, decisions....
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just can't decide.  Should I keep the cash and 'hope' things work themselves out or go buy a motorcycle?

The motorcycle is something that will be 'useful and durable' and easy on gas since gas prices will

If I keep the cash at least I could buy food so long as someone will still take the dollars and will be exhausted in time anyway.

Decisions, decisions....

I feel pretty stupid for buying a $60 pair of golf shoes.  I keep wondering if that money would, one day be the difference between being well fed or going hungry.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have several neighbors who grew up during the depression. A couple of them say what's coming is going to be worse.

Obama and crew have done everything they can to make things worse. The porkulus bill won't create a single job. All its going to do is keep some people employed that otherwise would have gotten layoffs.

Now Big Ears wants to spend another 2 trillion dollar on a doomed at the start socialized medical program while putting cap and trade taxes on energy to fight "global warming". To top it off the drilling and clean coal he was so for during the campaign have been pushed off the agenda. How about all those nuke plants he said would be a way to go? We're going to build one for the arabs but not here.

When unemployment hits 20% the shit is really going to fly then. Guess we'll see Obama trying to put the corncob back in the pig at that point.

Quoted:
I feel he will be a one term President.............people will get fed up with the promises that go unfulfilled( promises that he could never deliver)

I would give anything for you to be right...I just can't get over the stupid fucks that thought everything would be handed to them.

HH
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I really thought things were improving last month. Now I don't think we have hit bottom yet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
it's all part of the plan, google "cloward-piven" strategy and you'll see it all detailed there. the half-african intends to destroy the middle class to usher in his workers paradise.

+1, everything is going EXACTLY according to plan. I just wonder if the productive go Atlas Shrugged before Obama has full implementation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And people painted some of us as doom and gloomers when we called the recent uptrend in the DOW a "suckers rally".

There are some stock market types that don't want any of "them negative waves" harshing the market's buzz...

As if us merely talking about it are enough to continue dragging the market down.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For a president promising change, he has no working knowledge of calculus.

I'll go one further.

Our President has no working knowledge of working.

But his wife held a patronage job for which she was totally unqualified but raked in around 300 grand a year.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You know,those who felt they would get " my mortgage paid" or " I dont have to pay my car payment" were very ignorant, but we will all have to pay for their lack of knowledge for awhile ........but in the end, even they will turn against him for not providing all he promised.........I am already hearing many grumbling voices from ardent supporters that I work with, and the chorus grows with each undelivered promise

Quoted:
Quoted:
I have several neighbors who grew up during the depression. A couple of them say what's coming is going to be worse.

Obama and crew have done everything they can to make things worse. The porkulus bill won't create a single job. All its going to do is keep some people employed that otherwise would have gotten layoffs.

Now Big Ears wants to spend another 2 trillion dollar on a doomed at the start socialized medical program while putting cap and trade taxes on energy to fight "global warming". To top it off the drilling and clean coal he was so for during the campaign have been pushed off the agenda. How about all those nuke plants he said would be a way to go? We're going to build one for the arabs but not here.

When unemployment hits 20% the shit is really going to fly then. Guess we'll see Obama trying to put the corncob back in the pig at that point.

Quoted:
I feel he will be a one term President.............people will get fed up with the promises that go unfulfilled( promises that he could never deliver)

I would give anything for you to be right...I just can't get over the stupid fucks that thought everything would be handed to them.

HH

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

For a president promising change, he has no working knowledge of calculus.

Here be Maobama's calculus...

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I can see this happening...out of work, no skills, no money, no payments, electric turned off, water turned off..evicted from your place....they're gonna be pissed.

HH
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Quoted:
You know,those who felt they would get " my mortgage paid" or " I dont have to pay my car payment" were very ignorant, but we will all have to pay for their lack of knowledge for awhile ........but in the end, even they will turn against him for not providing all he promised.........I am already hearing many grumbling voices from ardent supporters that I work with, and the chorus grows with each undelivered promise

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decisions, decisions....

I feel pretty stupid for buying a $60 pair of golf shoes.  I keep wondering if that money would, one day be the difference between being well fed or going hungry.

If it gets to that point, the golf shoes will have more utility than a few sheets of worthless green paper.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Sooner it starts, the sooner it's over.  
There is no avoiding it now.  So BRING IT already.  Tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm ready, are you?

Luckily, yes I am.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Precisely...............with the rallying cry of "Where's my check"?

Quoted:
I can see this happening...out of work, no skills, no money, no payments, electric turned off, water turned off..evicted from your place....they're gonna be pissed.

HH
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really thought things were improving last month. Now I don't think we have hit bottom yet.

There is still way to much bad debt that has to be written down/off. Way to much.
Unemployment is still rising.
Foreclosures in my neck of the woods have leveled...just because no more can be
processed each month.
The number of empty homes that haven't been through the FC process is staggering.
I am guessing it matches the number of current foreclosures on the MLS at least.

Our local freight volumes have been flat going on three years. I see no reason for any
increases soon.

I have always said it will take until 2012-2015 to write down all this bad debt and remove the huge
overhang of homes. I have buckled down for the long haul.

Chris

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decisions, decisions....

Its times like this I wish I had a crystal ball. I have a huge chunk of cash in my safe, makes me wonder if I should just invest in a couple years supply of food and household stuff instead.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
This country is headed for a disaster of Biblical proportions.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decisions, decisions....

Its times like this I wish I had a crystal ball. I have a huge chunk of cash in my safe, makes me wonder if I should just invest in a couple years supply of food and household stuff instead.

When inflation returns as it certainly will, it will hit the economy at the speed of light and there will be little time to react.

While I wouldn't recommend that you piss away what you've got set aside; if there's anything that you think you'll really need in the future I wouldn't put off buying it right now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This country is headed for a disaster of Biblical proportions.

Dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever happened to all of those new jobs that the Halfrican was going to conjure up?

We're on an elevator ride straight to hell.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090622/pl_nm/us_obama_unemployment_2

I could have swore that I read somewhere that un-employment was already at 10.6%....can anybody make up thier mind or report the actual Truth??

the chart only goes up to 10.0%, that would be off the chart.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sooner it starts, the sooner it's over.  
There is no avoiding it now.  So BRING IT already.  Tired of waiting.

+1. There's no way to get out of this painlessly and the sooner we start the economic and social rehabilitation process the sooner we can get back to where we should be.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what happens when you have a subversive who wants the system to collapse sitting in the Oval Office.

This whole damn thing reads like a cheesy political thriller novel.

He is just speeding up the devaluation and eventual collapse of the dollar.  They want to create a new currency. Why do you think they have been having these global financial summits.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought of the most harmless thing I could.....The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.......
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Foreclosures in my neck of the woods have leveled...just because no more can be
processed each month.
The number of empty homes that haven't been through the FC process is staggering.
I am guessing it matches the number of current foreclosures on the MLS at least.

NYTimes- My Personal Credit Crisis

Written mid-May, Finance reporter goes too big on a house, gets hammered by the economy.  Hasn't made a single payment in eight months, JP Morgan Chase hasn't foreclosed and nobody at the bank wants to talk to him.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Official 15.1% unemployment in Michigan, unofficial probably closer to 20%. Lots of degree'd people making less then $10 an hour also.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And people painted some of us as doom and gloomers when we called the recent uptrend in the DOW a "suckers rally".

And it is all gone....and then some.

I had a few co-workers ask when they should get back into the market.

I told them when the shooting stops and the fires are all out.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever happened to all of those new jobs that the Halfrican was going to conjure up?

We're on an elevator ride straight to hell.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090622/pl_nm/us_obama_unemployment_2

I could have swore that I read somewhere that un-employment was already at 10.6%....can anybody make up thier mind or report the actual Truth??

Politicians tell the truth? there's a real knee slapper for ya.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
We are on the verge of a first class, A#1, dyed in the wool, bona fide collapse that will make the first depression look like a laugh riot. Anybody that doesn't see this coming is either on an LSD trip or has an IQ equivalent to their shoe size. It's coming. The lucky ones are the dead! I am tired of saying it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what happens when you have a subversive who wants the system to collapse sitting in the Oval Office.

He is just speeding up the devaluation and eventual collapse of the dollar.  They want to create a new currency. Why do you think they have been having these global financial summits.  

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tinfoil_hat_girl.jpghttp://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tinfoil_hat_girl.jpg

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm ready, are you?

As ready as I could be before I lost my job a month ago. I'm in a better position than most will be and live a debt free lifestyle though.

If you haven't put food, water, medicines etc. away while you have a job and are seeing figures like these, you are a damned fool.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I and another buddy have been talking for months about how bad it could get.  You're right––we ain't seen nothing yet.

HH

I have applied for no less than 30 jobs in and around D.C., for anything from facility maintenance to transportation not a call one I'm so fucking depressed.

Trust me on this one. You are definitely not alone. The town I live in is at 10.9% unemployment and the county next to me is at 16%.

Around 100 resumes out an no calls. Sounds like par for the course right now.

HR isn't even bothering to send those form letters telling folks they are declined for the job.

You know what really pisses me off:

Our county workers still continue to get raises, ride around two to a pickup, hide and do nothing, and still want more money.

It pays to be a member of "the party", comrade, no?
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decisions, decisions....

If they are leather and you boil them long enough, you could eat them!
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it is all gone....and then some.

I had a few co-workers ask when they should get back into the market.

I told them when the shooting stops and the fires are all out.

And they may not have even understood what you meant, either.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Grim picture

http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2009/06/grim-economic-chart-of-day.html

The amount of growth it will take for the unemployment rate to return to 6% at any different finishing point.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Grim picture

http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2009/06/grim-economic-chart-of-day.html

The amount of growth it will take for the unemployment rate to return to 6% at any different finishing point.

Those numbers are frightening and neigh impossible to achieve.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w233/venemanuarizonaedu/Obamadecreasesunempoloyemenyby-12.jpg

Obama is a follower of the Cheaper Than Dirt School of Economics.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Official 15.1% unemployment in Michigan, unofficial probably closer to 20%. Lots of degree'd people making less then $10 an hour also.

i didnt realize how bad it was getting in the Western PA area, till last week my company had an opening for a CSR and 100 applications came in, some from out of state for a $10 /hr +benefits job.  over half the people had degrees. my eyes opened up just a bit further.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

i didnt realize how bad it was getting in the Western PA area, till last week my company had an opening for a CSR and 100 applications came in, some from out of state for a $10 /hr +benefits job.  over half the people had degrees. my eyes opened up just a bit further.

A local doctor placed an ad for an office worker and received over 700 job applications.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

A local doctor placed an ad for an office worker and received over 700 job applications.

There was a new Buffalo Wild Wings that opened in Janesville, WI about 2 months ago.

There were over 3,000 applications filled out.  Town size: 60,000
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tinfoil_hat_girl.jpghttp://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tinfoil_hat_girl.jpg

Better get you some more son, that hat aint gonna last you through the Obamacide.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Every year, some get a little nevous around October concerning the stock market.  This October could be extra special.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly the point... It seems like Obama doesn't give a damn... because he doesn't. His polcies ARE DESIGNED to eviscerate America, to make recovery impossible, and to install the federal government as sole authority over all.

The new slavery is economic, slavery, and it's being imposed on you as we speak.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decisions, decisions....

The Directors Cut of The Road Warrior has the deleted golf tournament scenes.....

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
[/url]

Obama is a follower of the Cheaper Than Dirt School of Economics.

OMFG!! i'm in the floor.
bravo. good sir.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I started saying this 10 years ago to friends "get ready because it's all gonna come to a pit in hell quick".  With me it was due to my business....  Seeing 20 year old kids in the same trade coming to my shop making $40K a year driving a $35K truck and paying me $5K in bolt on bullshit for their car.  Next they came around after getting a re-fi on the house due to the bubble and getting a $45K sandrail from us to put in their new $30K toy hauler and drinking $50 a bottle Black Label like it's free while living in a $300K house (still making $40K).  I watched a few guys from going on a decent path to being in over $250K in debt in a year at the top of it all.  It is really kind of sad what my gen has done with themselves......
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was a new Buffalo Wild Wings that opened in Janesville, WI about 2 months ago.

There were over 3,000 applications filled out.  Town size: 60,000

WOW!

Its funny I was laid off back in January and spent a month sending off resumes. Got a offer took the job, took a better paying job two weeks latter, turned down two other offers then took a even higher paying job after one week at my last employer. Now I have my former employer offering me more money to come back. I told him he has to beat my current wage by 5% thinking he would shrug me off. His reply was "let me talk to accounting and see if I can beat that".

I'm guessing a lot of IT guys and other various chair warmers are the majority of people looking now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Until the bad debts are written off, we won't hit bottom or start to recover.  Bush and Obama never grasped that.  Those $900,000 homes in California six hours outside of LA that were sold on a 120% note with an exploding interest rate to an illegal alien need to be written off.  Bush and now Obama don't even want this to happen.  They market will make it happen whether they like it or not (see Timmaaah's attempts to make the bond market cooperate over the last five weeks).
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top