Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:33:01 AM EDT
Breitbart

China is becoming more overt in its dealings with the dollar.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you blame them?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Not at all.

They are also working with Russia and a few other countries to cease trading with the USD and use their own currencies from now on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
So if China was to stop buying our debt....what would actually happen?  Hyper inflation, total economic crash? I believe our gov't would have no choice but to loan itself money and printing money from thin air...no good could come of this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, the gov needs money to operate.  A LOT of money.

Deprived of their primary source of income - debt instruments - that leaves only one other source of income available to them.

Us.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome. Did they think that the Chinese would just keep buying, and buying, and buying?

I swear, we have the lowest common denominators running the country.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
No sane country would invest in Obama, Inc.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
You can hardly blame them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, the gov needs money to operate.  A LOT of money.

Deprived of their primary source of income - debt instruments - that leaves only one other source of income available to them.

Us.

You obvously don't believe!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]

According to US Treasury data issued Monday, Beijing owned 763.5 billion dollars in US securities in April, down from 767.9 billion dollars in March.

It was the first month since June 2008 that Beijing failed to purchase more US T-bills.

So they stopped buying and unloaded 4.4 billion?  I'm not familiar with how this impacts the market, is it a big deal?  

If we can't sell them, or have to compete with other countries unloading them, we can just print more money.  Its like magic!  I'm sure that will work.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I think other countries will buy them, albiet at a higher rate though
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Good times are a comin'
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

According to US Treasury data issued Monday, Beijing owned 763.5 billion dollars in US securities in April, down from 767.9 billion dollars in March.

It was the first month since June 2008 that Beijing failed to purchase more US T-bills.

So they stopped buying and unloaded 4.4 billion?  I'm not familiar with how this impacts the market, is it a big deal?  

If we can't sell them, or have to compete with other countries unloading them, we can just print more money.  Its like magic!  I'm sure that will work.  

They sold some 0.5% of their holdings, or some other miniscule number like that...

The Chinese are having their own recession right now, due to a drop in demand for their products over here....

They are looking at selling some bonds on the open market, to get cash for 'stimulus' projects at home...

The Treasury yield is still in the 3% range.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They sold some 0.5% of their holdings, or some other miniscule number like that...

The Chinese are having their own recession right now, due to a drop in demand for their products over here....

They are looking at selling some bonds on the open market, to get cash for 'stimulus' projects at home...

The Treasury yield is still in the 3% range.

Yeah and that  small amount caused a Global stir.  They've got us by the balls and know it.  It's their ace in the hole to overthrown us without firing as shot.  Shame on the leaders who let us go this far down the tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top