Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:30:41 PM EDT
When watching TV and a Brinks or ADT alarm system commercial comes on and shows some bad guy burglar breaking into someones home.......anyone ever noticed what every single one of the bad guys have in common?

....or is it just me?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They are all shitty actors?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Lacking skin pigmentation?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Been discussed here time and again.  Some have called the company to complain.  The company's response seems to be "FOAD".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
They dont have a Glock Fohtey?

GR
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
They don't get shot
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When watching TV and a Brinks or ADT alarm system commercial comes on and shows some bad guy burglar breaking into someones home.......anyone ever noticed what every single one of the bad guys have in common?

....or is it just me?

They are of a more politically correct species than what actual statistics would suggest ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe the setting is in a neighborhood with a high population of whites and a lot of meth.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
they're all white guys who get scared by an alarm backed up by an officer response time with which they could rape, pillage, murder, and escape?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
they also all run away.  Those systems must really work.
My dogs are better though
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the fact that the guy breaks in,  alarm goes off,  he runs away and then they say they are sending help.
 For what at that point, to help fix the door?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, fuck them and fuck the dummies that buy into their shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
That stuff is good for when you aren't home, but not much else.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
i like the one, where the girl is left home alone while the parents go out, and someone tries breaking in, and he runs off after the alarm goes off, the girl runs to the bedroom to answer the phone and she says someone tried to break in and she's home alone.

the brinks guy says "i'm going to go ahead and call your parents"

yah okay dont call the cops or anything.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
My care-o-meter is registering "0."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't know about that, but I always yell at the TV......."get a fuckin' gun you dumbass motherfuckers".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Also, if that alarm goes off, and the phone rings. I'm more likely to try and figure out why the alarm went off, rather then pick up the phone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife pointed this out, so yes. All the actors are white.

ever heard of bleach
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I dont personally care other than the fact that it further illustrates that white men are fair game for just about anything.

Hadnt seen it discussed here before so sorry if its a dupe.......just thought it odd.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Uh yeah so? I dont think public transportation takes the ghetto people into nice white areas.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I dont personally care other than the fact that it further illustrates that white men are fair game for just about anything.

Hadnt seen it discussed here before so sorry if its a dupe.......just thought it odd.

Now you know if they used a black person, that every black organization would be protesting. You would have Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers etc, all bitching that it was perpetuating the stereotyping of blacks.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#22]
The "crooks" look like they should be wearing Zorro masks and black and white striped uniforms with broken shackles on their ankles.

As mentioned, the scenarios are are so unlikely as to be laughable, but what's unfortunate is that you know this advertising is effective on some.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't know about that, but I always yell at the TV......."get a fuckin' gun you dumbass motherfuckers".

This.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
This is not the only commercial like that by a long shot.  Heck, most of the commercials that employ mixed race actors almost always portray the white actors as those somehow dumb or lacking or whatever.  I've been pointing this out to friends for years now.  But it's good to see some people getting fed up with this too.   Stereotypical portrayals are wrong even if it's whitey getting the short end, advertisers need to wake up to that.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#25]
What bothers me is that the doofus kicks the door in, comes INTO the house then runs away and the woman gets on the phone and says "Someone just tried to break in!" Dumbass I'd say he WAS in so his try was pretty damned successful don'tcha think? Holy hell you'd be dead by now!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the way that they run off as soon as they hear the alarm, even though a good looking woman is standing there screaming.

I like the way the alarm company calls INSTANTLY when it goes off.

GR
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I noticed all the male "significant others" are all Alan Alda type pussies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#28]
We need a white Jesse Jackson to rictifies these injustifictionisms.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We need a white Jesse Jackson to rictifies these injustifictionisms.

they would call him racist.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Evil greedy white people robbin the world in need.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#32]
When the barbarians come breaking down the doors of civilization and these liberal PC idiots start screaming for someone to do something, who do you think they will expect to help them? Al Sharpton? Reverend Wright? Jesse Jackson?
No.
I personally would hand them a pointy stick and say get your ass to the line and hold it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd love to see a spoof of that ad where some puke breaks in the door, and him and two others come running in the house.

Wifey runs upstairs to their bedroom, which is at the end of the hall. She locks the hall door closest to the goons as she does so.

Then, in about 15 seconds she dons a tactical vest, helmet and grabs an AK or AR, she hears them kicking the door in on the far end of the hall, and quickly opens the bedroom door. When they kick the door open and come running down the  narrow hall, thus having entered the "death zone", she shoots the shit out of them, then as they lay bleeding, walks over and gives them the coup de gras with a pistol in the head.

Then SHE calls the alarm company (since they haven't called her yet) and tells them to tell 911 to send a "HERTZ AND AN AMBULANCE".

GR
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I've also noticed ALL––EVERY SINGLE ONE––television advertising doctors are women.  In real life, something like 3% of all doctors are female, but on tv it's 100%.  I wonder why that is . . .

There are so many TV stereotypes on... well... TV.  

Damn it...  Where in the fuck are the Asians?  Why aren't we breaking into houses, or doctors, or doing Info-mercials?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Just like men are portrayed as the dumbshits in commercials and on TV shows while the women are the opposite..........what else does the box say steve ??......box says shut up steve.
Ever take a look at the human picture targets at the range ??  Notice the same thing ??
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a spoof of that ad where some puke breaks in the door, and him and two others come running in the house.

Wifey runs upstairs to their bedroom, which is at the end of the hall. She locks the hall door closest to the goons as she does so.

Then, in about 15 seconds she dons a tactical vest, helmet and grabs an AK or AR, she hears them kicking the door in on the far end of the hall, and quickly opens the bedroom door. When they kick the door open and come running down the  narrow hall, thus having entered the "death zone", she shoots the shit out of them, then as they lay bleeding, walks over and gives them the coup de gras with a pistol in the head.

Then SHE calls the alarm company (since they haven't called her yet) and tells them to tell 911 to send a "HERTZ AND AN AMBULANCE".

GR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq9tEi8FrAw
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I've also noticed ALL––EVERY SINGLE ONE––television advertising doctors are women.  In real life, something like 3% of all doctors are female, but on tv it's 100%.  I wonder why that is . . .

Only exceptions are the greasy haired guy that invented the fake heart and ED ads.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#39]
There is a scene in the movie "DON'T BE A MENACE TO SOUTH CENTRAL WHILE DRINKING YOUR JUICE IN THE HOOD" in which two of the Wayans brothers are at a convenience store, and the Asian American store clerk is following them all over because she thinks they are going to steal something.

Meanwhile, a well dressed white guy is ripping the place off blind while no one is paying attention to him.

It's kind of hilarious, in a sad sort of way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I noticed all the male "significant others" are all Alan Alda type pussies.
I like the one where the "man" at the top of the stairs looks down at the foot of the stairs, sees the burglar and screeches like a cock-punched crossdresser, and flees into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#41]
So what do I do if a non-caucasian burglar tries to enter my home?
Is that system extra?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

....or is it just me?

Everytime I see those commercials, and they show the burglars face, I always think of this picture.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just like men are portrayed as the dumbshits in commercials and on TV shows while the women are the opposite..........what else does the box say steve ??......box says shut up steve.
Ever take a look at the human picture targets at the range ??  Notice the same thing ??

That one REALLY pisses me off.  If I was Steve, I'd say "the box says you've got a big, flabby ass and this shit is your last hope before I dump your ugly, mouthy ass, bitch."  Of course Steve is portrayed as a ball-less pussy.

Ever notice on those alarm commercials that the alarm always goes to some sprawling, high-tech, state-of-the-art dispatch center with 50 people in suits all sitting at consoles, and your alarm is displayed on a giant screen on the wall?  Try some dark boiler room in the shitty part of Compton with hood-rats making 7 bucks an hour.  "Hey, bitch, is 'dat alarm goin' off?"  "Fuck 'dat, I'z doin' my nails, 'dem rich fucks can wait".

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#45]
They know that white people are afraid to complain for fear that they will be called a racist,

Think about what would happen if they used an Arab looking guy wearing a rag on his head. The Arab groups would kill everyone at the alarm company, no wants to piss them off.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

GR

You need to watch the outdoor channel Wednesday nights. One of the shows, i think its called the best defense, has shown that senario more or less. Or the ads for the Tarus Judge, 3 guys sneak up on this broad then they show watermellons exploding representing the bad guys heads.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I just love how the door fucking EXPLODES when they kick it in.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't even get me started on this shit. I don't believe in whacko conspiracies, but there is literally a trend over here in television advertising to show every man as a retarded, pussified fool who can't do simple tasks and needs a woman to tie his shoelaces, buy his insurance, pay off his credit card. 3% of doctors might be woman because all the woman are in advertising making these bullshit adverts.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:48:32 AM EDT
[#49]
They should use zombies... they are race neutral.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:16:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq9tEi8FrAw

"Well there you have it" LOL

She's hot as hell, too!

GR

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top