Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:18:24 AM EDT
Dam I love any and all Summer sausage!!! I'm sure it is probably the worst stuff you can eat. As I get older I have noticed my metabolism is slowing and I should probably stop eating this stuff. Any decent low fat/cholesterol SS out there? I need to change my eating habits!!!!

What you say ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
somethings gotta kill you
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any decent low fat/cholesterol SS out there?

You know what they make that stuff out of, right?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#3]
boxers..they are loose and allow air flow.. wait what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
You could try switching to haggis.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dam I love any and all Summer sausage!!! I'm sure it is probably the worst stuff you can eat. As I get older I have noticed my metabolism is slowing and I should probably stop eating this stuff. Any decent low fat/cholesterol SS out there? I need to change my eating habits!!!!

What you say ARFCOM?

Does not compute.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

peckerz n lipz?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Never mind, I thought this was a thread for theredgoat.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same stuff most sausage potted meat, hotdogs etc are made of.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

boxers..they are loose and allow air flow.. wait what are you talking about?

Bwahahaha!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What you say ARFCOM?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Make your own.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What you say ARFCOM?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/seviman/divide_by_zero.jpg

Ha Ha!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
There was a study of dietary habits in France, specifically related to their general health, lower obesity, & lower incidences of heart disease.  Turns out that a pivotal factor was the consumption of moderate (~1 glass or so) per meal of red wine (specifically).  Seems that it had an effect on the digestive uptake/absorption of fats as well as deposition & buildup of coronary arterial plaques.  I'm not sure what specific mechanism(s) are at play.

Must admit, though I rarely eat "heavy" foods, I do injdulge in a nightcap s/p meals & I do feel that the digestion goes easier.  I've particularly noted this after eating a pasta dish or red meat, where a little red wine seems to ease digestion; I don't have the overwhelming sense of fullness or slowed digestion that I otherwise would.  I've had Kielbasa sausage w/ red wine & it goes down fine.

So, drink a glass of red wine if you eat something heavy (fat-containing) & it'll mitigate the fat intake to some extent.  I highly recommend it.  You might be surprised.  Also remember that you do need some fat in the diet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Enjoy what you want. At least you'll die happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top