Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:44:41 AM EDT
Anybody else notice, just ever so slightly people are starting to question Obama?  It's like his magical aura is finally starting to wear off.  I even witnessed Bill Maher taking a couple of jabs.  

So, anybody have any good stories of friends/neighbors/coworkers seeing the light?  I'm having a shitty day and these stories always seem to help bring a smile back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, but I see more media worship of the 'Chosen One' and absolutely no one calling him on the outrageous crap he says.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes... You can see some people that were ecstatic in February go visibly soft/passive and look uncomfortable when Obama’s name is brought up now, they do not want to talk about him now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sorry, but I see more media worship of the 'Chosen One' and absolutely no one calling him on the outrageous crap he says.

We know the media is still sucking on him, I was asking if you know any real PEOPLE who are starting to wake up

Personally, my one Obama loving coworker has finally shut his mouth.  If politics are brought up he quickly changes the subject, where two months ago he would start the conversation and yell at you for your opinions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

You've obviously never been to my grandmother's house. Everyone is fulled by the time they leave.

ETA - rats. Beat me at the edit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen nothing to support the OP's suggestion.
Maybe wishful thinking.......I hope I'm wrong.

a-bare
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, over at DU, there are many (especially the fags) who are really upset with him.
It's only been what....6 months and he hasn't yet turned us into Russia (though he's trying like hell) and the pole smokers are all bent outta shape because he won't push marriage for the stool shovers.

Maher is mad, I caught that the other night.  Good.
I hope all these fuckin leftwing nimrods start to realize that you CAN'T have the govt you want without corruption....but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've seen nothing to support the OP's suggestion.
Maybe wishful thinking.......I hope I'm wrong.

a-bare

Well that blows.  Come on guys, this is supposed to be a positive thread about increasing negativity

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've obviously never been to my grandmother's house. Everyone is fulled by the time they leave.

ETA - rats. Beat me at the edit.

Ha ha, my typing foo is faster.

Even if my editing skills are not.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#10]
It has a long way to turn before any progress is made or we even get close to turning the tide.

Keep informing your friends and neighbors!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes- two people.

One is my wife. She point blank said "I made a mistake and thats not happening again in 2012". She's is even planning on voting Republican in 2010 as she wants a balance of power back. She said the Demoncrats have shown themselves to be like "drunk teenagers with Mom's platinum card at an Outlet mall" the wya they spend now and poo-poo future repercussions.

The second is the person who cuts my hair. She was a rabid liberal lesbian who believed the hope and change hype. She *was* also very anti-gun. I was getting my hair cut last week and out of the blue she started asking about guns and getting a CCW. Long story short- he formerly safe neighborhood is starting to have crime- violent crime. She blames this on the Kenyan and she feels its going to get worse now that his magical, mystical "I will create 3.5 million jobs by summer" has now dropped to "we hope to create 600,000 jobs by 2010". She also said quite vehemently that she got caught up in the glitter only to get hosed. She actually used the word "regret" when she talked about voting for The One.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes- two people.

One is my wife. She point blank said "I made a mistake and thats not happening again in 2012". She's is even planning on voting Republican in 2010 as she wants a balance of power back. She said the Demoncrats have shown themselves to be like "drunk teenagers with Mom's platinum card at an Outlet mall" the wya they spend now and poo-poo future repercussions.

The second is the person who cuts my hair. She was a rabid liberal lesbian who believed the hope and change hype. She *was* also very anti-gun. I was getting my hair cut last week and out of the blue she started asking about guns and getting a CCW. Long story short- he formerly safe neighborhood is starting to have crime- violent crime. She blames this on the Kenyan and she feels its going to get worse now that his magical, mystical "I will create 3.5 million jobs by summer" has now dropped to "we hope to create 600,000 jobs by 2010". She also said quite vehemently that she got caught up in the glitter only to get hosed. She actually used the word "regret" when she talked about voting for The One.

This is more like it but why does she blame the violence on Obama?  What was her reasoning?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes, over at DU, there are many (especially the fags) who are really upset with him.
It's only been what....6 months and he hasn't yet turned us into Russia (though he's trying like hell) and the pole smokers are all bent outta shape because he won't push marriage for the stool shovers.

Maher is mad, I caught that the other night.  Good.
I hope all these fuckin leftwing nimrods start to realize that you CAN'T have the govt you want without corruption....but I'm not holding my breath.

I have never been to the DU, might have to check it out for a laugh.  I haven't yet because I imagine 90% of it will only raise my blood pressure.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've never agreed with the "all of the people some of the time" part.  Many of us were not fooled.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I think they just don't bother arguing as much.  They are now through gloating and they are retreating back into disconnected, delusional, naive little lives until 2012.  They'll be back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hope all these fuckin leftwing nimrods start to realize that you CAN'T have the govt you want without corruption.....

This.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#18]
http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, at least The Economist seems to be starting to rethink their endorsement of him:

David Letterman, a talk-show host, describes him as “cogent, eloquent, and in complete command of the issues” and sighs: “What the hell am I supposed to do with that?” The new president is “not fat, not cheating on his wife, not stupid, not angry and not a phoney”, complains Bill Maher, another small-screen joker. Chris Rock, a stand-up comic, likens Mr Obama to Brad Pitt. “There’s no Brad Pitt jokes,” he told CNN. “You know, what are you going to say? ‘Ooh, you used to have sex with Jennifer Aniston. Now you have sex with Angelina Jolie. You’re such a loser’.”

At the White House correspondents’ dinner this month, Mr Obama was the guest of honour. The traditional task of roasting him fell to Wanda Sykes, a comedienne. Visibly star-struck, she ignored the crowd and addressed herself to the president, who was sitting nearby. She teased him for looking handsome with his shirt off, and saved her venom for his critics. Of Rush Limbaugh, a conservative talk-radio star, she said: “I hope his kidneys fail.” On hearing her routine, Christopher Hitchens, a polemicist, remarked that “when comedians flatter the president, they become court jesters, and the country becomes a banana republic.”

Mr Obama himself can be pretty amusing. His speechwriters are skilful and he delivers punchlines with a certain deadpan panache. Discussing his plans for his second 100 days in office, for example, he promised to “design, build and open a library dedicated to my first 100 days”, and to “strongly consider losing my cool”. One can’t help noticing that when Mr Obama mocks himself, he mocks himself for being super-human.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes- two people.

This is more like it but why does she blame the violence on Obama?  What was her reasoning?

She did not say. My read between the lines: As the jobless rate soars, this recession/depression deepens, etc. more people become desperate and crime ramps up. The violence in gher area that she talked about have been robberies in people driveways, burglaries, a home invasion, car break ins, etc. All of this has happened in the last few months according to her. Why does she blame O? Because he promised milk, honey and roses- instead we get a deepening deficit, talks of increased taxes (she is a small business owner), etc.

At her business- she owns a salon- you used to be able to walk in the back entrance. This is now barred and locked as a few eeks ago someone walked in the back entrance, walked right into the employee break room, and walked out with 7 purses of the girls who worked there. This was the middle of the day with employees and customers flitting around the place. The cops found the purses rifled through and dumped into a dumpster a few stores down- cash, CC, house and car keys, etc all gone. This has also scared her deeply.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes... You can see some people that were ecstatic in February go visibly soft/passive and look uncomfortable when Obama’s name is brought up now, they do not want to talk about him now.

Yeah - people who believe his bullshit about ending the war in Iraq "NOW" - and bringing home a brigade a month, and ending the military tribunals for Gitmo detainees, quickly sutting down Gitmo, etc.   - are suddenly realizing that he never had any intentions of keeping any of those promises.

I think Obama actually believed all of those things could be done with a few snappy lines from the teleprompter and the stroke of a pen.  He is simply a narcissist fool with no real world experience  who is beginning to realize he has a tiger by the tail and has bitten off way more than he can chew. Many of his followers are now seeing the empty suit.  Many of them will continue to vote for him because they would then have to admit their core beliefs are wrong, but others will see the light and vote with a new found understanding of reality.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One is my wife. She point blank said "I made a mistake and thats not happening again in 2012". She's is even planning on voting Republican in 2010 as she wants a balance of power back.

It may be too late for that.  ACORN now decides elections, not voters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top