Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:20:25 AM EDT
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/index.php/2009/06/08/your-future-as-a-terrorist/

Your Future as a Terrorist
by Clyde N. Wilson

June 8th, 2009

The Homeland Security apparatus has garnered quite a bit of attention lately for a paper that identified anti-abortionists, anti-immigrationists, and war veterans as terrorist suspects. (I thought “profiling” was forbidden, but in that matter, as so often these days, it would seem that some people are more equal than others.)

Some Republican politicians are playing at outrage and demanding an investigation. Let’s not get too carried away by the uproar, for two reasons. First, Republican opposition to any left-wing action is always a feeble and temporary prelude to surrender. That is a law of the universe—like gravity.

Secondly, there is nothing at all new about this stuff. It has been commonplace in classrooms, the media, the bureaucracy, and law enforcement training for years and years—certainly since the 1970s. It is new to Homeland Security only because Homeland Security is new. The Republicans pretend (short-term) concern to take advantage of grassroots outrage and of a chance to tag Obama. They do not represent serious opposition to this Marcusianism, or, if you prefer, Cultural Marxism, that has widely penetrated American establishment (and popular) attitudes. It is routine Communist procedure to identify class enemies for elimination. This had become standard discourse in many U.S. institutions long before the latest example became public.

Our rulers are not really very concerned about Muslim terrorists, as should be obvious. That violence poses no serious threat to Power. Its victims are likely to be only expendable plain folk like you and me. The rulers perceive, quite rightly, the real danger to their power: Americans who think thoughts that can undermine the moral legitimacy and unthinking obedience that sustain their prestige, wealth, and power. Besides, negative portrayal of members of “the religion of peace,” who tend to be dark and alien, would be met with immediate bad fallout as a violation of Diversity. Dissident real Americans, unorganised, unrepresented, and far more dangerous if once motivated to opposition, are much more opportune targets for government suppression. What else, after all, did the murder of innocents by federal mercenaries at Mount Carmel and Ruby Ridge amount to but the extermination of “right-wing domestic terrorists” ?

Note that the thrust of this type of thing, which has become almost commonplace in American society, is to mark out dangerous classes of people for their thoughts and associations. Those who reject mental postures that have been declared to be those held by all respectable people are a caste apart. (However, phony everyone knows the respectable opinions to be, it is a sign of evil intention to question them.) This casts aside the whole painfully developed regime of Anglo-American liberty, a major pillar of which is judgment for acts, not for thoughts or identity. The people who have promulgated the offending directive obviously have no idea what liberty is; nor do they care in the least for a free society. The independent-thinking individual used to be an American icon. No more.

Anyone who is serious about the direction of this country ought to admit that the stance of the Homeland Security apparatus rests upon the staggeringly powerful force of conformity that is a major component of the American national character. Our two greatest foreign observers—Tocqueville in the 19th century and Solzhenitsyn in the 20th—were both struck by the herd tendencies of American thought and the rareness of individuality, the near universal craving for respectability within the mass. Unless one grasps this sad truth, he is disabled in understanding current events. Central government targeting of domestic dissidents could not be floated without an expectation of widespread approval. It rests upon the certainty that a substantial part of the populace will countenance the suppression of ideas and persons that violate what has been declared to be respectable.

Exhibit. The anti-immigration journal www.vdare.com has brought attention to the case of a Sudanese immigrant in the Salt Lake City area who deliberately drove into a group of a dozen or more children with malice aforethought. There were numerous injuries but providentially no fatalities—this time. The local officials and media have, as usual, tried to obfuscate the significance of the event. There was much protest on a website devoted to local commentary. Some of this protest was after a while deemed “racist” and wiped out.

Our interest here is in one of the posted comments on the offending postings. One citizen offered this comment: “I can understand and in fact share the outrage against an individual who has committed a horrendous act of violence. However, I find the blatant racist comments equally offensive.” Attempted mass murder of children troubles this citizen no more than bad thoughts do. Can anyone deny that this person is representative of the mind of millions, perhaps tens of millions, of Americans? Can anyone doubt that a country rife with such people, so lacking in common sense and normal human feelings, has a doubtful rating on survivability?

This person is the prisoner of an abstraction that has been promulgated as the true and proper American way of thinking. There is nothing new about this because American history is replete with the phenomenon: Free Soil, Melting Pot, War to End Wars, Great Society, Global Democracy. The only thing that is new is the particular content—Diversity.

Such muddled and evil thinking is often ascribed to “white guilt.” Such people, it is said, are motivated by a desire to compensate for the injustices inflicted on minorities in the brutal past. Guilt is a painful feeling that one has committed a transgression. This person is not experiencing guilt—he is enjoying an empowerment to punish other people for their transgressions. He suffers from Puritanism, which was injected into this continent on Massachusetts Bay in the 17th century, has been diffusing its poison ever since, and is now incestuously mated with its evil cousin—revolutionary ideology imported from Europe in the early 20th century. In the course of American history Indians, Southerners, Filipinos, Catholics, Jews, German and Jap fascists, the Red Menace, and now selected “Terrorists,” have been at various times appointed as the Nonpersons, enemies of the true and righteous. This time, Dear Reader, the enemy is you and me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy wall of text.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Cliffnotes for those who havent had enough sugar today:

-Republicans feign anger over the Rightwing Extremist report, but dont really care

-D.C. is more concerned with Americans than islamic extremists

-Pointing out a criminal is an immigrant is racist

-White guilt

-White guilt

-White guilt
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting read.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The really sad thing is that it is true.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
That author is clearly more intelligent than most people.

He hit the nail on the head...I wonder how many people will actually heed it's words.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
1)  Tell people what they want to here - restate what they are already saying but in an official looking format

2)  Profit
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Good read

The pressure to conform is prevalent here also.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Our rulers are not really very concerned about Muslim terrorists, as should be obvious. That violence poses no serious threat to Power. Its victims are likely to be only expendable plain folk like you and me. The rulers perceive, quite rightly, the real danger to their power: Americans who think thoughts that can undermine the moral legitimacy and unthinking obedience that sustain their prestige, wealth, and power.

Spot on writing, right there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Evil is good, and welcomed by the masses.

This pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://www.infowars.com/Images/fbi_flyer2.jpg

The section 'Common Law Proponents' refers to Posse Comitatus and the 'Natural Sovreign' movement - anarchist groups with a long history of violence, who's 'trademark' is insisting that no laws apply to them (not even state/local) and attempting to justify this by quoting the Constitution out of context, and insisting that the police do not have authority over them....  T

And as shown recently, is very accurate when it comes to actual offenders...
Such as the Holocaust Museum shooter.... Who was an active member of the above movement....
It also fits the folks from 'past' situations, such as Ed Brown, McVeigh & Nichols, the Weavers, those 'Republic of Texas' folks, and so on through the various 80s/90s 'problems'....

Which is where the 'sample' comes from....

Remember: The point of such reports is to list characteristics of potential threats....

Not to worry about 'false positives'....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Our rulers are not really very concerned about Muslim terrorists, as should be obvious. That violence poses no serious threat to Power. Its victims are likely to be only expendable plain folk like you and me. The rulers perceive, quite rightly, the real danger to their power: Americans who think thoughts that can undermine the moral legitimacy and unthinking obedience that sustain their prestige, wealth, and power.

We don't have any kings here in the US....

'Prestige, wealth and power'?

Yeah, for 8 years... Then you're done...

Congress? Sorry, but they're not creating a dictatorship either....

Like it or not, there ARE terrorist threats to this country from within and without...

Fortunately, the domestic terrorists tend to be bumbling idiots...

Hadji, on the other hand... Can actually get it done...

(P.S. I'm willing to bet that the guy who wrote that article just MIGHT be a troofer)

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think that paper covers everyone with an opinion
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, for 8 years... Then you're done...  For now

Like it or not, there ARE terrorist threats to this country from within and without...

(P.S. I'm willing to bet that the guy who wrote that article just MIGHT be a troofer)

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Great read

Thanks

HH
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As much as it's BJ Bill's wet dream, that amendment is NOT getting repealed....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And as shown recently, is very accurate when it comes to actual offenders...

Such as the Holocaust Museum shooter....

I'll call BS on that Dave.  

The point of the article is not lone individuals but the way those in 'power' deem those in opposition to thier plans and such as terrorists while playing down the actual threat that is faced.  Since many folks who believe in things that the current administration and those in power do; they continue to try and push a variety of groups into a corner, paint them with as broad a brush as possible to label them 'evil'...and to especially attempt to paint us all with 88 types when most (if not all of us) despise them.  Funny, other than a few fringe groups such as ELF; those of the conservative side of things tend not to do that.

I happen to oppose abortion in most circumstances...while to those in 'power'; I must believe as they do whole-heartedly.  They say I am anti-immigration; when in fact, I am opposed to illegal immigration regardless of where the individual is from.  I happen to believe in state's rights over federal power as that is how the Constitution reads (and I believe it to be a fairly easy to read document, as well).  I am a veteran, I am Christian (non-denominational), and I am, for the most part, conservative in my view points.  I hold to the individual over conformity in nearly all situations.  And I believe that what the feds are doing is side-stepping the Law every chance they get.

I also have quite a few friends that agree with me on my viewpoints to a varying degree.  Anywhere from 1 of them, to all of them.  They all had a chance to read the DHS report, the MIAC, and the one that popped up out Virginia/West Virginia way.  And every one of them has gone WTF?!?!

Which makes me more than wary where it concerns the federal government, atm.  And yes, it means I'm preparing more to take care of me and mine if it all comes tumbling down.  ((shrugs))
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As much as it's BJ Bill's wet dream, that amendment is NOT getting repealed....

Perhaps you have a crystal ball, mine is full of Jack Daniels

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#18]
That is right on. For years it has been easy to see that gun control, political correctness, diversity, affirmative action, radical feminism, and more have all been directed at one sort of person. That person is the one who believes in individual liberty and responsibilty, is Christian, and has an understanding of the Constutution and political power. There can be no doubt about this.

The govt takes money from these people and then uses it to beat them over the head with programs that marginalize them. The person the govt now describes as a domestic terrorist type is pretty much a 'traditional" American. The race to disarm, demonize, and silence this type of person has been in full swing since the 1970's.

I was talking to a 12 year old guy at the gun club one day a couple years ago. He brought up gun control and I told him it wasn't about banning guns, it was about banning guys like us. He immediately understood that. And that is what it is about and if it keeps on like it is going we are going to see the force of govt brought to bear against us. I mean actual force not political pressure.

When the Patriot Act was passed I said "One day we will all be terrrorists". I still believe that. Just like the creep from a machine gun is a machine gun to a receiver is a machine gun to a group of parts is a machine gun, the creep to "you own a gun and disagree with govt policy" is ongoing.

That is why the govt doesn't like the Tea Parties, they don't like Sarah Palin, they don't like the Bill of Rights. They were so close during the Clinton years and it slipped through their fingers. Now they really mean to drive a stake through our hearts with Obama.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave_A,

I think the guy writing that article may be too much of an intellectual for you...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#20]

It is only a matter of time before the "List" comes out and action is taken against those of us who hold conservative values...it is a matter of time!...It is a common practice of Communist to "take out" any voice of dissent or "Political Undesirables"...Which include you and I and about a true 35-40% of Americans because regardless of which party someone belongs to it is by their fruit you are able to discern their intentions and real beliefs ...The Republican party are just as Big Government as Obama..One because it keeps them in a job the more moderate they become...

Now, in America, There are only 2 defining separations of policy and that is the 2nd Amendment and Abortion...Show me a Democrat who supports the 2nd Amendment and don't care either way about Abortion and I will show you a man or woman who will have a good long career and who can sleep during re-election in this current era...

Never mind the so-called conservative issues which has separated the party line such as capitalism and free market of the Reagan days...This is why you do not hear so as much as a whisper from your Republican leadership these days...They are just as Socialist as Obama and his Communist party..

There has been a plan to turn this country into a socialist cesspool for years and Obama was right when he said..." I am the one WE have been waiting for"..

Sara Palin was the only hope for a true conservative to be in the White House ever again!...I honestly believe she was only placed on the ballot to determine where conservative ideology stood in America...To see where their enemy stood...Think about it!..

This is only the tip of the iceberg...These policies are only being implemented...just wait until they begin to fail, because they will, there will be a civil war of ideologies or more like genocide or ideological cleansing of the voice of dissent....Hell will spill over into America before 2012 then you will see an Iranian style election right here in Babylon and you will see America FALL!...

Then there will be no truer statement.......Babylon has fallen,has fallen!

Godspeed and lean not to your own understanding...But trust in God because He is the only thing which will stand the test of time!

Matthew 16:1-4

1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#21]
RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS FTW!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is right on. For years it has been easy to see that gun control, political correctness, diversity, affirmative action, radical feminism, and more have all been directed at one sort of person. That person is the one who believes in individual liberty and responsibilty, is Christian, and has an understanding of the Constutution and political power. There can be no doubt about this.

The govt takes money from these people and then uses it to beat them over the head with programs that marginalize them. The person the govt now describes as a domestic terrorist type is pretty much a 'traditional" American. The race to disarm, demonize, and silence this type of person has been in full swing since the 1970's.

I was talking to a 12 year old guy at the gun club one day a couple years ago. He brought up gun control and I told him it wasn't about banning guns, it was about banning guys like us. He immediately understood that. And that is what it is about and if it keeps on like it is going we are going to see the force of govt brought to bear against us. I mean actual force not political pressure.

When the Patriot Act was passed I said "One day we will all be terrrorists". I still believe that. Just like the creep from a machine gun is a machine gun to a receiver is a machine gun to a group of parts is a machine gun, the creep to "you own a gun and disagree with govt policy" is ongoing.

That is why the govt doesn't like the Tea Parties, they don't like Sarah Palin, they don't like the Bill of Rights. They were so close during the Clinton years and it slipped through their fingers. Now they really mean to drive a stake through our hearts with Obama.

Well articulated.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#23]
For later.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
First, Republican opposition to any left-wing action is always a feeble and temporary prelude to surrender.
[/quote]

Holy shit that quote is money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Future? I've seen the memo,  I thought I already was one...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They ARE the dictatorship.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
First, Republican opposition to any left-wing action is always a feeble and temporary prelude to surrender.

Holy shit that quote is money.

Best line in the whole article.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#28]
All I can say is that I hope that they will send me to live in Burmuda at uncle sams expense, like the real terrorists are doing. Looks very relaxing!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave_A,

I think the guy writing that article may be too much of an intellectual for you...

While i and others here do not always agree with Dave_A, he is not stupid.  In my observance of him Dave_A has not insulted anyone here personally and if he has it would be rare.  Unlike others who would offer a dissenting opinion to the OP, at least he tries to make an actual point in his first post.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#30]
That list of 'danger signs' was pretty much spot on with both our recent abortion doctor assassin and the scum who shot the guard at the holocaust museum.

"foreign and domestic" you know, not every threat to the US is foreign in origin. Take the eco-terrorists or the secessionists or the cop-killer 'sovereign' kooks.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Holy wall of text.

Reading, it's what people in non-third world countries do.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#32]
To my former governor...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That list of 'danger signs' was pretty much spot on with both our recent abortion doctor assassin and the scum who shot the guard at the holocaust museum.

"foreign and domestic" you know, not every threat to the US is foreign in origin. Take the eco-terrorists or the secessionists or the cop-killer 'sovereign' kooks.

No it was not "spot-on" at all. You completely don't get it. You're just some very special American.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that paper covers everyone with an opinion

So where would the muslim convert who killed the two servicemen fit in?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Tag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#36]
A new kind Puritanism is defiantly the core driving force inside the PC / Green / .GOV crowd.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Actually, I believe the oath you're misquoting is to defend and uphold the constitution against foreign and domestic enemies.  Not the US.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave_A,

QFT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top