Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:45:38 AM EDT
Yes, it's an older one, but it's on sale now for 8 bucks. Any oppinions on it? Not looking for a factual type movie as much as a decent action one. Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It's somewhat entertaining, definitely worth that price I'd say.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Really wouldn't call it an action movie per se. It isn't a bad movie, though, I'd pick it up for 8 bucks.

EDIT: Honestly, the intro was probably the coolest scene over all
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a pretty good movie, I have it in my collection.  It gets really anti-gun towards the end though....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it sucked and I don't understand why so many arfcommers seem to like it.

I didn't care for the acting or the plot and the whole movie was pushing an anti gun agenda to the point that I just wanted to throw things at the TV.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Worth a $1 rental.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Worth a $1 rental.

This.
It's an anti gun movie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
It's an amusing comedy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, it's an older one, but it's on sale now for 8 bucks. Any oppinions on it? Not looking for a factual type movie as much as a decent action one. Anyone?

It's an enjoyable movie.  Here, let me save you a few bucks though:

$4 delivered from Amazon

I recommend ones rated "Very Good" or better.  Read the fine print in each listing before hitting buy.  I've had nothing but good experiences buying used from Amazon.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an enjoyable movie. Here, let me save you a few bucks though:

$4 delivered from Amazon

I recommend ones rated "Very Good" or better. Read the fine print in each listing before hitting buy. I've had nothing but good experiences buying used from Amazon.

It's just bubble gum for the mind,

i wouldn't pay over 5 bucks

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Boycott Nicholas Cage.  Asshat
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

this

Honestly I can't stand the guy and have no idea why Hollywood keeps putting him in movies. He's not believable in pretty much every role I've ever seen him play.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Only if you like gold plated AK's
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Honestly I can't stand the guy and have no idea why Hollywood keeps putting him in movies. He's not believable in pretty much every role I've ever seen him play.

It helps to have a famous old school, glory days of Hollywood relative.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Worth it just for the intro.

They have hundreds of crates of real weapons in the movie. The director said it was cheaper buying them that way than making up dummies.

The guy the movie is based on was recently arrested in SE Asia. He had been laying low in Russia but was drawn out by a sweet deal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was very entertaining and worth the 14-15 bucks that I paid when it first came out. Its funny , tells a pretty good story, and is about an arms dealer in modern times.

Its no Blackhawk Down..........but a good flick just the same.Definitely worth $8.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an enjoyable movie. Here, let me save you a few bucks though:

$4 delivered from Amazon

I recommend ones rated "Very Good" or better. Read the fine print in each listing before hitting buy. I've had nothing but good experiences buying used from Amazon.

It's just bubble gum for the mind,

i wouldn't pay over 5 bucks

Hence the link to a $4 copy of the movie.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Get Deal of the Century instead! Much better imo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Worth a $1 rental.

This.
It's an anti gun movie.

I borrowed it from the library for free I thought that price was about right.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not an action movie...

But it is good...

Based on 2 real life arms-dealers....

If you ever wondered 'where does this 'US guns to Mexico' stuff come from'... That movie (although fiction) does an OK illustration....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I thought it sucked and I don't understand why so many arfcommers seem to like it.

I didn't care for the acting or the plot and the whole movie was pushing an anti gun agenda to the point that I just wanted to throw things at the TV.

'Anti-gun agenda?'

It's about the black market arms trade...

Not about US citizens owning guns...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]
The opening scene is pretty good
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Just watch it free on the internet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
EDIT: Honestly, the intro was probably the coolest scene over all

I agree, the beginning of the movie is the best part, although overall it's not terrible.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#24]
the opening scene and when that cargo aircraft gets skeletonized is pretty damn neat.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Pawn shops Guys.   go and get 5 movies for 15 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#27]
"We are selling these by the pound, how many pounds would you like?"
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

'Anti-gun agenda?'

Yes. The movie was about the black market arms trade and wasn't about US citizens owning guns at all.
That doesn't in any way change my statement that the movie was anti-gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Agreed intro is awesome.

Intro
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#30]
If I was bored and it was on tv I would watch it, but I wouldnt buy it on DVD.  Well, I guess if it was $2 I might.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#31]
It's been a while since I saw it, so forgive me if I don't recall this correctly.

****SPOILERS****  (Maybe, if I remembered it correctly)

At the end, isn't a refugee camp about to get hacked apart with machetes?

I took that as a "guns don't kill people, people kill people" message.  Also, when we saw it, my wife turned to me and said "if those people had guns, they could have defended themselves"

****END SPOILERS****

All in all, not a great movie, but OK.

Also, it's what started my crippling brown-brown addiction.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

'Anti-gun agenda?'

This was my interpretation as well (not anti-gun).  You could also consider the village massacre to be pro-gun.

I enjoyed it.  The opening scene with the AK cartridge is pretty creative.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

'Anti-gun agenda?'

It was made by Hollywood therefore to most of ARFCOM it will be seen as anti-gun.

It's an enjoyable flick IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#34]
The Anti-Gun slant obviously isnt appealing. Wasnt aware of that. Sounded like a real Arfcomer's kind of movie.

Maybe I'll rent it and see. Appreciate all the reply's folks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Blood Diamond is a good action flick. it is a little preachy, but not overly so. Besides, the "message" is a good one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top