Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:30:15 AM EDT
Associated Press
   June 14, 2009

WASHINGTON - Don't be surprised if you're asked to provide your date of birth and gender when booking plane tickets later this summer.

The Transportation Security Administration has launched a new program called "Secure Flight" (Jesus, Larry and Curly who makes this shit up?) to improve security and reduce misidentification of passengers who have names similar to individuals on government watch lists.

As part of Secure Flight, airlines will ask passengers buying tickets to provide their name exactly as it appears on the government-issued identification they plan to use when traveling. Later this summer, airlines also will begin asking passengers to provide their birth dates and gender.

More at link

Because if the government doesn't know how many richards are on each flight, the terrorists have won.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The next step will be "verifying" your gender.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
How about they just maintain a better situational awareness on the people on the watch list.  It should be apparent when they buy a plane ticket and then you can make professional Law Enforcement watch them.  All this other stupid shit, is exactly that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't even know what to say about this.

The government is sooo out of control, and getting worse every day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
"That's right. Steve. Yes, a woman. Why do you ask?"
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]

I feel safer already.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#6]
TSA: What is your sex
ME: I don't know
TSA: We must know, its for your safty
Me: OK Mr. TSA dude. *starts to upzip pants*
TSA: oh, its ok, we dont need to know that bad

Also people remember water and plastic water bottles do NOT set off medal detectors.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they want to start singing happy birthday to passengers. Like when you go to a restaurant
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#8]

That's a man, baby!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top