Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:55:03 PM EDT
His in the ARMY and his unit got called up, so a few weeks back he was briefed on Muslim customs, what to do and what not to do. To make a long story short, he told me that the instructors told him not to interfere if he comes upon a young boy being molested by an adult, that it is normal over there and that if he does they will kill the child at a later time.

Any truth to this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know about the killing him part.  I saw some gay shit, but was thankfully never around to see anything with kids.

that said, it is illegal, even in iraq.  you can stop illegal activity.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't what the Army says about that crap. I would just kill the adult and then the problem should be solved!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
We were told women are for babies and boys are for fun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I spent (so far) 30 months in Iraq and never ever have I just stumbled across a guy butt punching a little boy.  Not to say that it doesnt go on out there because it does, but even in the Iraqi culture gay/molestation is looked down upon by 90% or more of the population.  That being said im sure if you DID come across this they would stop immiediatly and be more embarrased then anything.  They do have emotions like other people (as much as I would disagree sometimes.)  If they didnt stop I would firmly place my buttstock on thier forehead.  Sounds like your buddy is being fed some typical "know it all" bullshit.  

Tell him to keep his head down, follow his good NCO's lead,  never ever second guess himself, and watch his buddies back because they will watch his.  Also ask as many questions as he can think of to the unit he is replacing such as local customs, Enemy TTP's, and the chow schedual on his FOB/ Patrol Base
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
...It's the only way to be sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top