Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of puppy is it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL!

When I first read the thread title I automatically thought another democrat had gotten elected in your area and was "moving in" to office.

Can you tell where my mind is at?  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh man, that sounds like an awesome dog.

It's a shame that people do that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Boy, I can't believe how mean some people are in this world.  They will get their just dues.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Well it takes all kinds, so the story below should not surprise you. There are a lot of mean people out there, but fortunately there a lot more good people than there are mean ones in this world.
================================================================

Los Angeles Times: Where to Bury Abandoned Babies Debated

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-000005447jan21.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dcalifornia[/url]

LOS ANGELES
Where to Bury Abandoned Babies Debated
Children: Woman has laid 48 infants to rest in Riverside County. But funeral
directors have another idea.
By GARIOT LOUIMA
TIMES STAFF WRITER

January 21 2002

Debi Faris says she remembers the story of each of the 48 children she's buried.
Since 1996, she has been recovering the bodies of murdered and abandoned babies
throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside counties and burying them
in her private Garden of Angels in Riverside County's Calimesa Cemetery.

"Every child has a story," said Faris, 46, of Yucaipa. "And every child is given
a name. We give them a proper burial service to build a circle of love around
the child. The children belong to all of us."

-- see link for rest of story --
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Beer Slayer:

If you find a good owner, but he needs him to get checked/shots/fixed or whatever....  put my name on the list of contributors.....

Like my dog more than most humans.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Only an idiot would assume that dropping off a puppy in the contry would be a humane way of taking care of an unwanted house pet!

Having lived a great deal of time in the country, myself, I can tell you that the fate that awaits most discarded dogs and cats is a whole lot more unpleasant than what might occur to them at a city pound.

At least at the pound they have a reprieve of 48 hours or so within which to get adopted, prior to the needle plunge!

Most farmers I know would simply shoot an unknown dog that was not marked, identified, or licensed in some way.

And I know how they feel. My very first FFA project ('Future Farmers of America' for you cityslickers) was raising 50 'fryers' for a profit!  About a week or so before I was to take them into the local [i][b]Schlachthof[/b][/i] (that's 'slaugterhouse' for you non-Huns), a feral dog got into the pen and killed every single one of them - didn't eat more than one or two, but killed the rest anyway!

Of course, he died for his sins, but mostly because while my family's survival didn't hang upon the profit that was lost from the dead fryers, some other family's might have been if the dog had been let go!

Whether it was 50 chickens or 500, that dog would have killed them all!

Eric The(FutureFarmer?NotLikely)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What really pisses me off is this never happens in the summer when the weather is good. Only when it turns cold.
View Quote

I guess perhaps you've never been to Washington but, them pictures sure look like summer to us!  Is the sun still out there?  I haven't seen it since I left Texas.

Scottish biologist Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin. Philo Fransworth has a working model for TV. TV sets go on sales in the US for $75. Harry Ramsden opens the first chip shop in Bradford, England. First Bubble Gum, Fleer's Dubble Bubble, goes on sale in the US. JW Horton and WA Morrison invent the quartz crystal clock
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, some of yall know, when it comes to dogs, I have to say something, (its R35s wife)

Deffently a hound mix..looks like possible beagle/basset mix? Thats what I think anywhos.
I commend you so much for taking the dog in...I would look on the net for a rescue..or possilbly a no-kill shelter..I would find a rescue for all dogs considering hes a mix, some rescues only take in purebreds....try www.akc.org, they have lists of rescues..since I believe he is a beagle mix I would contact the Beagle Rescue...if they cant take him then they should be able to point you in the right direction...I would so offer to come get him...but..i just took in two pups not to long ago that were thrown out..

I wish you the best of luck,
xoxo's to the dogs from R35's wife and the furrbutts!

P.S. If i can help in any other way please dont hesitate to ask [:)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I kept waiting for the wife to scream and i'd find the bird had become a scooby snack. But the mutt never even tried to go after it.
View Quote

I believe cats eat birds, in my best Sylvester the cat voice "suffering suggast!"
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:09:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Looking for an update on the dog, any good news?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#21]
What a sweetie!  The dog and YOU.  [;)]  Looks like a Saint Bernard to me.  I don't see any Pit Bull there.  I used to live in the country and I've adopted many, many dogs that folks just dropped off.  They've been some of my best and most treasured friends.  I agree that this one looks like a keeper, BeerSlayer.  I think you should just throw a blanket down on the bedroom floor and get used to it.  How about the name Baron or maybe Barnie?  [thinking]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#23]
A few years ago some idiot had a bunch of puppies he didnt want.  This rocket scientist put them in a bag with a brick, tied it shut with a lengthy rope, waded into the Wabash river and cast them out.  Unfortunately for him, the rope tangled in his feet and pulled him down river.  They found him dead, tied to the bag.  Sounded about right to me.  I have had to dispatch some dogs, but who the hell tries to drown them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I heard once that dogs are angels, both a gift from God and a test from God.  Dogs show love in a genuine way few people can.  This is the gift.  When people are cruel to dogs, they will be judged accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:51:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone in Alabama that needs a great dog?  Contact The Beer Slayer...

Bump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top