Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 5:54:11 PM EDT
I just completed the 200 mile round trip to Indy and back for the sole purpose of shopping at the Indy 1500 Gun Show.  My primary goal was to find a holster for my Glock 27.

One of the first tables I passed after stepping inside the exhibition hall had a large selection of Glock holsters.  Instead of buying one right then and there, I thought I'd visit other tables and return later, so I wouldn't have to carry the bag all day.

When it was time to return to that table, I couldn't remember where it was!  So I walked all over the two halls trying to find the damn thing without luck.  Then I located a table with some Uncle Mikes holsters and a sign reading, "50% off all holsters and grips".  I figured this was my best chance.  Sure enough, there was a box for a Size 12 and after confirming the discount applied I paid $13 for the new holster.

A few minutes ago, I tried to slip the Glock into the holster and no way would it fit.  I looked on the little identification tag and it says "Size 36!"  DOH!  Size 36 is made for "2" Small Frame 5-Shot Revolvers with Hammer Spur".

I have no one to blame but myself for not inspecting the merchandise.  But, I'm still pissed.  200 miles of driving, $2 for parking, $7 to get into the show, and $13 for a holster that's as useless to me as teats on a boar.

Anyone need this holster?  I am willing to trade for something like an AR15 or 10/22 mag.

PS, I did get a deal on a NIB Taurus Model 627 seven shot revolver, .357 mag.  Mrs. Commissioner is sitting in the same room as me right now, and I am trying to work up the nerve to tell her about the addition to the collection!  She already knows about the botched holster purchase.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Do me a favor....if you find a method that works with the Mrs., let me know.  I'm trying to justify the recent purchase of a RAS for my M4. [xx(]

BTW, how are those shows?  It's about 3hrs for me, but am trying to work it so it falls on a day when I'm in Indy on business.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You'll eventually end up with a box of holsters that you don't use anyway.  

Now all you have to do is pick out a nice box to keep them in.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I just bought a Gould and Goodrich Leather Paddle Holster off of Ebay for my Beretta 92F.  I was so happy with my purchase that I polished the whole holster with parade wax as soon as I got it out of the box.  Then I went to place my gun in it.  You guessed it, too tight.  On close inspection, this is a holster for a Beretta 92"D".  A far as I know, those are the no safety, bobbed hammer models.  NUTZ!  Any one got a paddle holster to trade?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the guy you bought the holster from look like this?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/postPics/govtthug.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did the guy you bought the holster from look like this?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/postPics/govtthug.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Hehehehehehe, I was about to ask the same thing!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do me a favor....if you find a method that works with the Mrs., let me know.  I'm trying to justify the recent purchase of a RAS for my M4.[xx(]
View Quote

Hah gunnut try "patriotic fervor" on for size.  Tell her that you are building up a "Homeland Defense Rifle" as appropriate for your standing in the unorganized militia.

[USA]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Is it an Uncle Mike Kydex holster for a 2" barreled snubnose revolver. Belt or paddle??

I might be interested if it is. Let me know through email.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it an Uncle Mike Kydex holster for a 2" barreled snubnose revolver. Belt or paddle??

I might be interested if it is. Let me know through email.

Thanks!
View Quote

You have mail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
As a long time worker & visitor of gunshows, allow me to give a few hints I've learned the hard way:
1) Take the firearm you're buying a holster/mag/sights/whatever for. I took my G3 to buy mags for & found four or five mags that wouldn't lock into place. W/O the gun I would've been screwed.

2)Get the guy's business card if you want to shop around & write the price on the back of it & maybe the location if it's a large show. Working for a dealer I hate when some yahoo says "I can get that for $X cheaper over there." But if a guy had a card & price on it, it wasn't so unbelieveable.

3)Don't bitch & moan about the price on something. Either buy or not but shut up about the price if you don't like it.

4)Don't believe everything a "dealer" tells you. He/she may not actually be trying to lie to you, it may be a honest mistake. Either way you were given bum info.

5)If you buy a lot of ammo, don't carry it around! That stuff gets heavy in a hurry! Some dealers will write your name on it & hold it under their table AFTER you've paid for it to be picked up later. And don't forget it!

I've learned these the HARD way so maybe I can help someone avoid these painful lessons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top