Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 11:27:31 AM EDT
Hi people. I've been lurking on this site for about 3 months and this is my first post. I've been looking at the Para Ordnance P10 .45. Possibly wanting to buy one for carry if our legislatures get their heads out of their asses and pass conceiled carry here in Ohio . Any of you out there have any experiences with any of the P series .45's
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
My buddy had one and it was nice.  I have small hads and still my pinky finger hung off the bottom of the gun.. He got a Mag extention for it and it made a world of dif.  I do remember he had a small problem with it smoke-stacking but if I remember right it was due to shitty ammo.  All in all I'd say it was a nice gun.  However, I have a Sig P245 and love that.  It's fed everything.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi Capitalist.

I've had a P12 alloy fram for about 8 years.

It's a great little pistol.

Mags are outrageous, but they tend to be very accurate out of the box.

Go for it, but a mini Glock would be smaller for CCW.

My G27 is WAY smaller than my P12.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one too because I like the size for my small hand.  I too added the mag extension right away & it makes it a lot more comfortable.

Should be a great carry weapon for those that can. I only wish I could[>(][>(][>(]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Glock 22 and love it, but I'm looking for a nice conceilable .45 with the full 10 round capacity. Does the Glock.45's come with 10 round magazines?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Mags shouldn't be expensive since they are only ten rounds. However should you DESIRE to blow big cash on mags, any of the Para hicaps will fit, up to and including the P14 mags. It would look a little wierd with all that mag hanging out the bottom though.

Grin, you have a P10? Been thinking about one myself one of these days.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you know, someone here is selling a NIB P10 Limited in stainless steel.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76018[/url]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
... I rig one in a modified shoulder holster under the seat of my 4X4 in close proximity of my reach. It's always cocked and locked.

... I also use a P14-45 mag with a nice little sleeve around the extended portion that matches the same contour of the grip.

... It makes me feel a bit more comfortable driving around town.

... Wanna see a picture?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure Winston. I love pictures. Looks to me like it'd be a nice little back up gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hi people. I've been lurking on this site for about 3 months and this is my first post. I've been looking at the Para Ordnance P10 .45. Possibly wanting to buy one for carry if our legislatures get their heads out of their asses and pass conceiled carry here in Ohio . Any of you out there have any experiences with any of the P series .45's
View Quote

I got an early one with the alloy frame.  Took several trips to the factory service center and trips to my gunsmith to make it work.  Too big for a single shot and too small/light to be a good club.  

Customer service from the company weak in resolving problem.  True story, pretty much verbatim:

Example:  Problem call to factory, identifying problems with feeding, extraction, and believe it or not, firing.  

Factory response:  How many rounds have you put through it?

Reply:  350, mostly single shot, since it won't feed or extract.

Factory:  Well, its probably not broken in yet.

Reply:  How many rounds should that take?

Factory:  If it is still giving you problems after 1000 rounds, call us back.

It works now, and has been several hundred rounds since my last malfunction (after my 2nd smith finally fixed the last problem), but I still don't trust it enough to bet my life on it.

P12s, P13, P14s, LWs, stainless or carbon, regular or Limited, no problems.  Unless you absolutely have to get the smallest package, go for the P12.  If you get the P10, make sure it works before you bet your life on it.
Top Top