Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 7:01:38 PM EDT
Do magazines that are LEO/Military have to be used for offical purposes bought by your agency? Or can any military member buy them for personal use?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
They have to be purchased on an official agency letterhead signed by your Chief LE Officer (or Commanding Officer in your case I guess) or his/her designee.  The letter must be dated and specify the type of magazine and number to be purchased.  You have to have a letter for every purchase.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The text of the letter required by BATF specifically says you are authorized to purchase the magazines for official use only, NOT for personal use.  So the answer is no, a member of the military cannot purchase them for personal use.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have purchased some of these mags(L.E. restricted)from various people and locations without showing any letterhead or I.D. and I am not affiliated with law enforcement in any way. All I can say is if you can find a jury that would convict a guy on possession of a "high capacity feeding device" then maybe it's time to move to Canada
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do magazines that are LEO/Military have to be used for offical purposes bought by your agency? Or can any military member buy them for personal use?
View Quote

Some people take the ones they are issued and swap the postbans they own for the prebans they are issued and trade with the supply sergeant till they have only postbans from the supply room and only prebans for personal use.

Or so I have heard!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have purchased some of these mags(L.E. restricted)from various people and locations without showing any letterhead or I.D. and I am not affiliated with law enforcement in any way. All I can say is if you can find a jury that would convict a guy on possession of a "high capacity feeding device" then maybe it's time to move to Canada
View Quote

Move to Canada, I thought they cant have more than 5 round mags there? Not a good alternative!

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top