Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 8:36:02 AM EDT
really? conflict of interest? if your the owner AND the union,how can you go on strike against yerself?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The UAW may own part of Chrysler, but they don't run the company. It would be interesting to see what happens next.

Strange bedfellows indeed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Who in their right mind would want to manage a clusterfuck like that?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who in their right mind would want to manage a clusterfuck like that?

Barry
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
A good question would also be how this affects the UAW's relationship with Ford.  Ford is now negotiating with a union that owns its competition.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Better yet, who would want to purchase any vehicles from them?

My '07 Wrangler JK is my last vehicle from them. I'll keep it as my toy when it is paid off, but my next daily driver will not be GM or Chrysler.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I would let them strike and have all the salary and benefits they want. I think they will close the gate in 3 months
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would let them strike and have all the salary and benefits they want. I think they will close the gate in 3 months

Or get more of our money in the form of continuous gubment bailouts.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Have any of you jackasses EVER worked for one of the auto companies? Do you really know what it is like? In 30 years of working for GM, I was on strike for ONE day. Contrary to what you think, the members are very concerned for the sucess of their company,and will do whatever is necessary to ensure its survival. You know NOTHING about the UAW,so just STFU.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have any of you jackasses EVER worked for one of the auto companies? Do you really know what it is like? In 30 years of working for GM, I was on strike for ONE day. Contrary to what you think, the members are very concerned for the sucess of their company,and will do whatever is necessary to ensure its survival. You know NOTHING about the UAW,so just STFU.

OK.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well, you've convinced me.

Unions are wonderful.  Hooray.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

well im in for this train wreck.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

i know they helped sink the company,and being a union stooge doesnt help
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#13]
shit storm pic, QUICK!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck em, they should go on strike permanently. If they end up owning GM and Chrysler completely, good. That'll be reason #872 why I will never even look at one of their products, much less think about buying.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#17]
If you work for a union then you have never worked a hard day.  I can do the work of 2 people at my job, at any other company I would have a helper but I dont and I get just as much work done and the company makes more money.  We are all required to work overtime until the days work is done no matter what.  I have no breaks, no lunch unless I want it.  My only breaks are in between serivce calls while I am driving.  The way I see it is the more money I make for the company the better chance I have of making my case for a raise.  

Union way is to extort money from the company and then do the work with more people than necessary to do the job.  If you work for a union then you have no idea what hard work is.  Oh no you cant carry that over there, you will put that other guy out of a job.  Boo freaking hoo.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuck em, they should go on strike permanently. If they end up owning GM and Chrysler completely, good. That'll be reason #872 why I will never even look at one of their products, much less think about buying.

That's the Union Way.  They end the game with all the chips, but by the time the game is over, the chips are worthless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top