Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:18:18 AM EDT

...with a Glock G30, he *will* shut up and go away.

(Although he *did* develop a stutter while apologizing for bothering us.)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow awesome. Did you do a tough guy high five with your hillbilly friends afterwards?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
What the fuck. Man these steak salesmen wear my ass out. At least 5 times a month. I never buy, and always diff guy. Dont get me wrong. Im glad they are trying to work, but....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#3]
So what is the deal with these people.  Shitty steaks I assume or just road kill that has been pressed into steak looking meat?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never heard of a door-to-door steak salesman, although I've been out of the country for a few years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Try it with a 1911 on your hip, AR 15 leaning abainst the wall (they interupted a cleaning session)  and a 70 pound Boxer bouncing off the screen door.

They don't even talk to you, they just walk away
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did you know that answering the door with an exposed firearm could be considered AGGRAVATED ASSAULT With Intent to intimidate.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wow awesome. Did you do a tough guy high five with your hillbilly friends afterwards?

Easy now, there was no blading at 45 and no adrenaline dumps.

But I think he now understands that "No, thank you" means "we are done here, get off my property".
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Do they show up at your house at 930PM too?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#9]
The steak salesmen wont even come into my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you know that answering the door with an exposed firearm could be considered AGGRAVATED ASSAULT With Intent to intimidate.

I didn't answer the door, my wife did. I was 6' feet behind her.

If something goes wrong, I hope she remembers to drop to the floor. But she is only 5', I can probably shoot over her.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never heard of a door-to-door steak salesman, although I've been out of the country for a few years.

Well, he has this big order from the guy down the street, but that guy claims he never ordered it and now this steak's going to go bad if he can't sell it.  So he'll cut his losses and sell the meat to you for half price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't answer the door, my wife did. I was 6' feet behind her.

If something goes wrong, I hope she remembers to drop to the floor. But she is only 5', I can probably shoot over her.

Just use her head as a rest;better accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#13]
now that he knows you have guns hes going to return later and burglarize your house.

Seriously though, theres no reason for another stranger to know that you are armed unless its absolutely necessary. Im not against answering the door with a gun by any means, as i do that myself. Just keep it concealed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Good thinking.  The only reason someone might knock on your door when your car is outside and it's broad daylight is to murder you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag for when the police or, better yet, the ATF shows up at your house.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do they show up at your house at 930PM too?

9:00 PM.

We have a long driveway with no streetlight at the entrance. I was sitting in my easy chair
with the window open a little bit and heard gravel crunching from vehicle tires. This was a
bit odd because everyone that knows us call before they come over (with the exception of
my dad who doesn't often drive that late at night).

The G30 is what I keep handy, so I picked it up and stood at the corner of the foyer. My wife
answered the door and his sales pitch started.

Him: "I sell steaks and pork for blah blah company and I was headed back to the shop and
just had a couple left on the truck and I thought I would let you know about it.

My wife: "No, thank you. We are not interested."

Him: "Well I've got a couple blah blah and some blah..."

My wife: "No, thank you."

Him: "Well, you know, they are some really good blah blah..."

At his point I walk up behind her because she has said no twice and this idiot doesn't get the concept.

Him: "... and they... well, uh uh uh, I'll uh uh s-sorry to have bothered you all again."

Again? Did he bother us before?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good thinking.  The only reason someone might knock on your door when your car is outside and it's broad daylight is to murder you.

I love your avatar, but you are making too many assumptions.

The people that come around here in broad daylight are selling magazines subscriptions and are sometimes casing the place.

This was at 9:00 PM on a cloudy pitch black night.

I'm all for a guy trying to make a buck - however, in this day and age, a fellow is an idiot to go knocking on doors randomly at night.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow, my mom nearly shot one of them.  She has a gate with a Posted sign on it, they ignore it and drive right on up to her door.  
She tells them no thanks, one starts trying to walk on into the house, she whips out her .38 and tells him to get the fuck off of her property right now.  
She then calls the S.D.  Deputy tells her she did the right thing, next time they try it to shoot them.

Bunch of dopers.  They need killin.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Had one of these guys show up at our door while back in Ohio.  Starts talking about all the steaks he's got in the truck and how he'd like for us to take a look through it to see what he had, but he MUST come inside the house to show us since it's against some code to get the meat out of the box while outside.  Figured that was a load, but when he mentioned that my neighbor down the street knew him and had bought from him before, I called his bluff.  I told him to hold on and called down there.  She said she'd never met the guy before today, never bought anything off him, and also had told him to get lost.

When I told him what she said he stated it must have been somebody else and he'd just given me the wrong name, but I'd had enough.  Told him to get off my property and to never come back because I wouldn't buy anything from known liars.

Glad I was carrying at the time, too, because if he had other intentions if he got us in the house and out of view (guy was built like an ox), there's no way I could have stopped him hand-to-hand.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]
People go door to door selling steaks? I am not sure men are allowed to turn away people that have steaks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Have you thought about simply not answering the door?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where?  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#23]
My dog is approaching 15 years old.

He has bitten three people.
Two were burglers.

One was the Steak Salesman.

(good boy)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People go door to door selling steaks? I am not sure men are allowed to turn away people that have steaks.

Have you ever bought the little valuepack steaks from wal-mart?  They shrivel up to the size of a nickel and about half as thick?  I think these are the same thing.
I bought a pack of those from wallyworld once when my wife was out of town, thought it would be a great deal....wrong.  She still picks at me about that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#25]
i used to work at one of those places.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#26]

It's much easier to just tell them to flake off and close the door.

No real need to try and intimidate them with a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Open the door wearing only a gasmask.  You'll never have problems with salesmen again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Some D2D sales lady from AT&T showed up to my house while I was trying to prepare dinner one night. I had my M&P .40 on my hip and a BIG ass steak knife in my hand when I opened the door (the main door was open, the storm door was closed). I think she about passed out before trying to go into her little pitch just seeing me walk from the kitchen to the door. They pass the house now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?    

Unless someone shows INTENT to Harm ,you start waving a gun around and you could be in for some ju ju, especially around here. Ive already had this discussion with one of the local LEO. Basically you dont show it unless your using it. Just showing a firearm is grounds for intimidation by use of a firearm and is considered aggravated assault.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been bothered by these steak salesmen at home and work before. They just get a no thank you get lost.

The only other people that really bug me are the ones selling electronic equipment out of the back of cars or trucks- ya know the ones that have more than what the invoice says and they can't take it back to the warehouse.
I use to have these characters show up on the drive way at work all the time. They would bother our customers trying to sell there wares. Had one try to spit on me when I told one my customers that I thought it was a scam(that one got to know the end of a baseball bat).

The funniest one was when the sales guy had some 'speakers', a whole van full and he could not take them back to the warehouse. I didn't even try to get him to leave, I just called the sheriffs office. The deputy came out and stopped the guy. He had the open the boxes and pressent the papers on the load. The boxes were full of rocks and the papers were fake. That guy ended up selling his speakers to bubba at the house of many doors. I bet his first purchase was soap on a rope.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Open the door wearing only a gasmask.  You'll never have problems with salesmen again.

Or Jehovah witnesses
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I messed with one of those guys once.  They always have some deal to buy 10 steaks for some price, then throw in some chicken or hot dogs or hamburger patties.  I went and got a calculator and started tabulating the total weight of each meat as well as grocery store prices...guy packed up and left before I could hit the "equals" button.  Fast talkers around here get calculatored..tried and true technique for surefire entertainment if you're not in a hurry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I have had them come pretty late, like later than they should be going to people's doors.  It is always the same line, "well, I was on my way back with just a couple of steaks left...."  Thats nice, get the fuck off my property.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bleh, I was wearing my blue checkered doing-chores shirt. It used to be longsleeved until I cut them
off. What is left of the sleeves looks like Dr. David Banner had one of his angry spells while wearing
it. It has been through a few oil changes and a transmission solenoid fix. I'm pretty burly and don't
usually button the top three buttons.

In retrospect, he probably heard banjo music.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Had one in my neighborhood a couple weeks ago.  I just told him no thanks and that was that.  No draw downs and no blading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top