Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 2:11:46 AM EDT
I just heard this on a morning news show here in Orlando. Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr's birthday and the city of Ft Lauderdale held a memorial ceremony to honor MLK and an outstanding member of the Black comunity. For the occasion they decided to honor James Earl Jones.

Mr Jones was honored with a plaque commemorating the event....problem was the engraver made a little mistake when he engraved his name on the award. The plaque Therfore awarded to "James Earl Ray" to honor him for his work empowering the black community

[:o][:o]

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps he did some way...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
All hail, Lord Vader! [;)]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
[size=6]D'oh[/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
i heard that the plaque, was not actually issued, as the error was found before the cerimony.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
DAMN!!!  Good thing they caught it.  That would have been just a little embarrassing.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Without Martin Luther King, we wouldn't have a vision of America's deepest divide bridged by the fulfillment of America's greatest promise.

Without James Earl Ray, we wouldn't have a holiday in the middle of January.

[:\]

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone tell me how to make a proper link.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,43163,00.html
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

CALLING ALL BOARD CODE NAZIS! CALLING ALL BOARD CODE NAZIS!

[(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed][(:)][pissed]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,43163,00.html
[/url]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you go to post, there are three links below the typing window:

Board Code, Icon Legend, and Anim Legend.

Look at the Board Code one, and it will tell you how.

*** Edited to say Welcome to the board Godzilla-95! ***
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#11]

[b]"Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns." [/b]
~ James Earl Jones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just heard this on a morning news show here in Orlando. Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr's birthday and the city of Ft Lauderdale held a memorial ceremony to honor MLK and an outstanding member of the Black comunity. For the occasion they decided to honor James Earl Jones.

Mr Jones was honored with a plaque commemorating the event....problem was the engraver made a little mistake when he engraved his name on the award. The plaque Therfore awarded to "James Earl Ray" to honor him for his work empowering the black community

[:o][:o]

View Quote

I think they got it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top