Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why milk?

Cuts down on the gamey taste.  

That's also how you get rid of the fishy taste... just soak it in milk.  

10/10.  Great pics and write up.

You know, I tried that once, but she freaked out before it got a good soak.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why milk?

Buttermilk also works well when you're going to fry something up.. esp squirrel and rabbits.

Soak it in buttermilk first, then drain the buttermilk & add flour, baking soda, salt & egg, whisk, then roll the meat in it then drop into your cast-iron pan full of peanut or canola oil
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why milk?

Buttermilk also works well when you're going to fry something up.. esp squirrel and rabbits.

Soak it in buttermilk first, then drain the buttermilk & add flour, baking soda, salt & egg, whisk, then roll the meat in it then drop into your cast-iron pan full of peanut or canola oil

That sound like a hell of a good idea.  I baked a rabbit last year, came out "rubbery" though.  I need to find a way of tenderizing bunnies.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top