Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2002 9:16:44 AM EDT
Me:
Sharks - I love being in the ocean, but they rule, so I'll just bow down to them.
Family being hurt or killed - Just because I love them so damn much.
Spiders - Been paranoid of them since seeing one up close in a National Geographics.
Love - How can you tell if it's real or if it's some stupid fvcking game?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
anti-gun liberals.
because you never know when they're gonna get dumber, you're just sure that they will.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Snakes
Government
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
[size=3][b]Clowns![/b][/size=3][:o)]

No, not those clowns! Those clowns are o.k.!

The clowns that been messing with our country since the time of FDR!

They've taken a perfectly decent Republic and turned it into a den of iniquity!  Anything goes! Except good taste and good manners!

The clowns that are fooling around with the Constitution! Messing with the Second Amendment!

The clowns that are running our public schools...into the ground!

Yeah, [u]those[/u] clowns!

Eric The(TheyScareTheCrapOuttaMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Snakes - I hate snakes, silent and deadly.
Virus - Can't see them and they can be deadly. Ebola, Flu or Aids.
Government - They control my life.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[size=3][b]Clowns![/b][/size=3][:o)]

No, not those clowns! Those clowns are o.k.!

The clowns that been messing with our country since the time of FDR!

They've taken a perfectly decent Republic and turned it into a den of iniquity!  Anything goes! Except good taste and good manners!

The clowns that are fooling around with the Constitution! Messing with the Second Amendment!

The clowns that are running our public schools...into the ground!

Yeah, [u]those[/u] clowns!

Eric The(TheyScareTheCrapOuttaMe!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

oH YEAH?

Fear this clown
[url]http://www.ouchytheclown.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#6]
... Only one thing actually gives me a sense of "fear", really.

[size=2][b]Heights[/b][/size=2]

... It's weird. I'm not a bit afraid of flying and I never was "afraid" of heights as a child.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Drowning

That would be bad.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Afraid of --> Ex-wife
Why --> Has a great atty.

[BD]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Spearweasel for knowing where that site is![:D]

Mike
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm afraid of getting stopped for some dumb traffic offence, or even getting in some minor fender bender, and having some mindless NJ cop go wild because I've got a handgun or rifle locked in the trunk in a perfectly legal manner.  

Sort of like oneshot had happen to him in NY.  One of my club members was rear-ended on the way home & his trunk sprung open.  The responding officer asked what was in the locked box.  When he heard "target pistols" he went completely off the edge.  Drew his gun, spread-eagled my buddy, cuffed him, called the SWAT team (yes, he did) and dissolved into a blithering idiot he was so scared.  The sargeant that showed up instead of the SWAT team just about had to bitch slap the moron to calm him down.  My buddy got let go by the sargeant & dropped the whole matter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]
1.  Family or Fiancee getting hurt (or worse).
2.  Failure in any major life arena (marriage, career, etc.)
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#14]
commitment(relationship-type)

I'm always looking for the better deal.

I know,I'm pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I or my family burning to almost death.
I worked in a Burn ICU and saw a guy take 3wks to die. He was conscious and knew what was going on and was given huge amounts of Morphine. His family would come and see him every day and he would attempt to get his life in order, but he always broke down after they left. I became friends with him and was the only one by his side when he died. Absolute worst way to go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Sharks - used to be really worried about them.  

Then I took surfing lessons and started going out on my own at dawn (one of the most active feeding times for sharks are during the twilight dawn/dusk hours, diurnal predatory behavior I think it's called).  

Buddy, the first couple of times you see dorsal fins while you're out past the break, it is hard NOT to color code the inside of your wet suit.  And then you realize they're just dolphins.  I've never seen a shark while in the water myself.  

We used to have this discussion at work about which is the worst way to go - bear attack or shark attack.  A bear may leave you alone if you play dead, a shark would finish you off quicker, etc, and so forth, but then I got to watch a couple of loved ones waste away with cancer for a couple of years before they finally passed on.  Kind of adds a new dimension to that argument, cancer does.

Like I said before, I've never seen a shark while I've been in the water, but if I ever do, I don't think I'll worry about it too much.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Getting stuck in very small spaces... like a well hole, in a narrow cave, under the house.  

...don't make me come over there! [:o)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#19]
My phobia is flying stinging bugs (bees, wasps, hornets). Especially when they suprise my by flying around the face.

Bumble Bees have always been cool. They lumber along like a B52. You hear and see these things coming and let them pass by. [8D]

I've learned to not get excited by honey bees. But they still spook me when they make a sneak "attack." They and their societies are cool. Just don't like them flying in my face.

And I was 40 before I got stung for the first time. By a wasp. We won't say where. Two months later, a hornet got me on the arm. Damn buggers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#20]
What I would do if someone hurt my wife or kids.  

They are my life.

Wcoyote
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Gee, [b]Wcoyote[/b], I would have thought you'd be scared of roadrunners by now, as well as [u]any[/u] equipment purchased from the Acme Company!

Eric The(NextCase,[i][b]WileE.CoyoteVs.AcmeCompany[/b][/i],BreachOfWarranty)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#22]
A buddy of mine owns a coastal hugger and we take it out quite a bit to party and so on. There was this one time when we were celebrating a friend's b-day and there were about ten of us on the boat. I was messed up and just screwing around in the water with a couple of the women. One of my so called buddies yelled "shark!" and I got so freaked out that I almost passed out. They literally had to pull me from the water. I swear I was going to kill my bud, but after a couple shots of Yager, I was fine again. Thank GOD for alcohol. [beer]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't mind heights, but ladders are another story, I would stand on something no matter how high it was, as long as I could take the elevator, bucket truck or cherry picker
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#24]
One of my immediate family members dying before I do.  I don't know how I could survive that.

Breaking through ice and [u]then[/u] drowning.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Lawyers.  Most of the legislators who have done such a fine job of buggering things up, from the left and the right, were/are lawyers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine owns a coastal hugger and we take it out quite a bit to party and so on. There was this one time when we were celebrating a friend's b-day and there were about ten of us on the boat. I was messed up and just screwing around in the water with a couple of the women. One of my so called buddies yelled "shark!" and I got so freaked out that I almost passed out. They literally had to pull me from the water. I swear I was going to kill my bud, but after a couple shots of Yager, I was fine again. Thank GOD for alcohol. [beer]
View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHHA!
...with alcohol like that, who needs friends? [:D]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Being accused and wrongly convicted of a firearms related crime.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Driving, especially on mountain highways.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Testicular Cancer.
I don't think I need to explain this one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Flying...especially transalantic flights, which are like terror for me---I know it sounds dumb, but there's no place to land!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Apathy - because it's the only human trait that could allow organized evil to grow and flourish unopposed.

And skunkabilly, it ain't likely to be so bad.  Convicted/not convicted won't be that big of a deal after spending several thousand in lawyer fees over several years.  And being accused and prosecuted for a firearm related victimless 'crime' - a 'crime' that was a 'right' for your ancestors - would only manage to motivate you and to allow your opponents to grind you to a keener edge.  As most criminals are no doubt already aware, a legal ruling or conviction is unlikely to end anyone's access to firearms.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#32]
me223:
Spearweasel for knowing where that site is![:D]
View Quote

LMFAO![:o)]

DScott:
Getting stuck in very small spaces... like a well hole, in a narrow cave, under the house.  
View Quote

Yeah,,, that'd do it for me too.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#33]
What are you afraid of? Posting!

And why?  Grammar nazis, because I are one!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#34]
The future.  There won't be any gun-rights in it.

I do fight the good fight, anyhow.  Why bother? Only reason I can think of is the Winston Churchill quote which ends, "And there may be still a worse case.  You may have to fight when there can be no hope of victory, but it is better to fight and die than to live as a slave."

Did I botch the quote?

-------
What about freedom?

"Those people have it, we don't," John Wayne.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
... Only one thing actually gives me a sense of "fear", really.

[size=2][b]Heights[/b][/size=2]

... It's weird. I'm not a bit afraid of flying and I never was "afraid" of heights as a child.

View Quote

Same here.

I've skydived before just to overcome it. Bull$hit, I'm still scared. If I can fall from something high enough to kill me when I land, I'm scared. Besides that, nothing else scares me (because I'm young and indestructable [;D]).
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd have to say bees. One day I crawled all the way up under the dashboard of a car in a junk yard to recover some parts for my own car. Just when I was wedged way up in there I looked up and realized I was staring straight up the anus of a very large paper hornets nest. You know, the big black, white faced, pissed off kind. I banged my head on every available piece of sharp metal getting out of there!!!!  Little bastards chased me all the way back to the yard office. I got stung about 5 or 6 times. BOY was I lucky! The nest was about the size of a basketball. Now I only do that kind of stuff in the winter.  FVCK bees!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#38]
How apt and appropriate this is....I am,right now, absolutley stone cold petrified. None of you will ever know why...I ain't telling. But it is nice to read others stories and know that I ain't alone.....thanks peeps hound out
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Fear
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Failure.  

Not just personal, but societal as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How apt and appropriate this is....I am,right now, absolutley stone cold petrified. None of you will ever know why...I ain't telling. But it is nice to read others stories and know that I ain't alone.....thanks peeps hound out
View Quote

What? You're afraid of computers? I figure if you're stone cold petrified while typing, it has to be computers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I've had a lot of close calls and injuries during my life.  The worst was getting caught in an outgoing rip tide on Mexico's Pacific coast.  We are fairly good swimmers, but my wife and I both damn near drown.  I'm not afraid of spiders and snakes, but I am afraid of rip tides.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Imagine having panic attacks- that's basically being afraid of being afraid... awful!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Lawyers
Self-righteous Liberals
Big Government
"Suits" in general - I hate them more at forty-three with a doctorate than when I was a pimply-faced high school kid. My best friend from Residency was a brilliant, caring physician. After several years of practice, fighting with HMO's and lawyers, he joined them. He got his MBNA and now manages an HMO. He went over to the Dark Side of the Force.

Don't let the bastards get you down!!

docmac86
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#45]
 Drowning, and snakes.  Other than that, and God himself, nothing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Anything with no shoulders is just nasty. Snakes on ground, eels in the water. Nasty, nasty, nasty...

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
people...because they are filth
View Quote

You obviously are a people person. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#49]
AR-15.com members
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top