Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 11:45:00 PM EDT
I saw some pics of some AR-type weapons that had the sling secured by paracord. This was done to make the weapon more user-friendly when slung. Does anyone have any pics of this?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Check in the IDF pic thread here
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 2:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not? We used that shit for everything.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't do pics, but my M4 has a VCAS attached to the buttstock(LMT SOPMOD) with 550.  It keeps the sling and buckles off the top of the stock.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]
As a radio operator and scout 88-95, we all had our slings customized using 550 cord.  You can get pretty creative when you need to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been issued 3-point slings that used similar cord to attach to the front sight post.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been issued 3-point slings that used similar cord to attach to the front sight post.

I used to do this M16's.  Its alot easier to carry slung.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I attach mine to the D-ring on my right shoulder of my vest rig.

I use a caribiner and paracord and tie the paracord to the butt-stock, and a caribiner on the d-ring, and a caribiner at the end of the paracord.

When I need to "sling" the rifle behind my back, I use a bungee cord attached to the lower left back of my vest rig. I pull the bungee around the muzzle of the gun, and it stays in place on my back.

When the carbine is not attached to the bungee on my back, it hangs in a nice ready position down off my shoulder.

With a level III vest, and my vest rig attached to my belt with keepers, it is a pretty sweet setup. And the only thing attached to my weapon is a 6 inch piece of para-cord, and a caribiner.

And my long-gun is always GTG on my right shoulder.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#8]
We used to get these "top sling" kits that had a metal loop in them.  We'd use the metal piece on the front sight and paracord on the collapsable stock.

If you were worried about noise, you could electrical tape or put a piece of paracord on the metal loop, but it tended to melt if you did a lot of FA fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top