Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2009 3:54:51 PM EDT
I know you're all going to jump on me, but I want an H2. What do I need to know? I can't afford an H1, i'm not rich so what price range should I be looking at? Pick up a decent one for <30k? I dont mind a couple years old.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an H1. It sits in the shop most of the time and never comes out undr $800. Hope the H2 is better.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
im sure you can get a used h2 for a fairly decent price. the market got flooded with them a while back when fuel went through the roof!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a hummer too!!!!

oh wait.....nvm
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask your wife.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd love an h1, but my top budget for a new vehicle is 35k and that's pushing it...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I want a hummer too!!!!

oh wait.....nvm

Don't we all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
a/s/l ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
What would you be using it for? Offroad use? Going to the shopping mall? There may be cheaper vehicles better suited for a specific job.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What would you be using it for? Offroad use? Going to the shopping mall? There may be cheaper vehicles better suited for a specific job.

Driving places.  I've got an old beater truck for boonin' and my regular ride is a ford excursion. In the end, I just want one because I like them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as you understand that it is not a hard core offroad rig, buy it and enjoy.  I believe it's a little more durable than a 1500 chevy, but not quite the components as the 2500.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As long as you understand that it is not a hard core offroad rig, buy it and enjoy.  I believe it's a little more durable than a 1500 chevy, but not quite the components as the 2500.

Yeah, i'm not going to be offroading with it. My beater gets more mud on it than anything.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Just out of curiosity, what are pre owned H1s going for? That's my dream vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't we all
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The title to your thread is very misleading

but it is your money and how you are going to use said H2 it should be ok for you
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The title to your thread is very misleading

but it is your money and how you are going to use said H2 it should be ok for you

I changed the thread title to represent what I meant.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Your thread title made me LOL
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought that GM was discontinuing the entire Hummer line of trucks?  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought that GM was discontinuing the entire Hummer line of trucks?  

Doesn't affect me, I want to buy a pre owned. Can't afford 50+k
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#19]
You said BJ... how the fuck is a dude supposed to focus on anything else after that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Got some news for you.  You're buying because of the name.  Otherwise you would not want to buy a piece of trash that is going to need expensive repairs every 6 months.  PLUS you get the honor of having some of the worst gas mileage available.  DId I mention that the interior room is HORRIFIC?  

An H2 is not a "real" hummer.  It' s a dressed up Chevy Tahoe.  If this even resembles your dream car, then I'm sorry for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got some news for you.  You're buying because of the name.  Otherwise you would not want to buy a piece of trash that is going to need expensive repairs every 6 months.  PLUS you get the honor of having some of the worst gas mileage available.  DId I mention that the interior room is HORRIFIC?  

An H2 is not a "real" hummer.  It' s a dressed up Chevy Tahoe.  If this even resembles your dream car, then I'm sorry for you.

You sound angry.

I'm not buying for the name, i'm buying for how it looks, get it right. I don't mind the interior either. Tahoe? That's cool, i like them.

My dream car is an H1 not an h2.

MPG? I get 10 in my excursion, couldn't be much worse.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
If you want an H1 on the cheap, keep an eye on any National Guard units auctioning off some old ones. I know a guy who picked one up that way several years ago. It was beat to shit though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you want an H1 on the cheap, keep an eye on any National Guard units auctioning off some old ones. I know a guy who picked one up that way several years ago. It was beat to shit though.

H1 is not a humvee. I wouldn't mind a humvee though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I know a guy who has the truck version. That thing is pretty cool. Not really my style, but I can see why people like the things.

ETA: Looks like you can get them used around 20k on Craigslist.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Before you count out H1, there are some very affordable good condition older H1's out there.  I got a 99 H1, with only 35k on the engine for pretty low price.  Honestly, I would do it again.  Actually I plan on it.  IM me if your interested and I will forward the links of some good HUMMER (H1 H2 H3) sites.

Speaking of prices,  My 99 H1, was less than a brand new H2.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Seriously in response to your question. I have a 2006 H2 SUT and it meets all my demands for what I want. I can not think of anything  I would rather have. Maybe a International MXT

It tows what I need it to tow. I can 4 wheel  behind many of the places the jeepers go , except when the trail goes too narrow. It is my every day  driver and I get 12 mpg. It is also my daughters favorite and we own a BMW and a SLP Firehawk.  I would try to look at 2006 or newer. 2006 was the first year of 4yr/50000 mile warranty. The 2007 came with 100000 mile powertrain warranty.  I have never had any issues with mine, only rotate the tires and change the oil.

There is a lot of information on the hummer forum.   www.elcovaforums.com

They are very much like afcom except for H1 and H2's and somewhat H3. Go in with strong skin and you can learn alot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Driving places.  I've got an old beater truck for boonin' and my regular ride is a ford excursion. In the end, I just want one because I like them.

All the reason you need. Used to be the American dream too, to work hard, dream, achieve, reap the fruits of your labor and have what you want.  Go for it before Obama bans them.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds to me that if you are on a budget - the H2 may not be the car of choice. I mean - why do you want one? Status symbol? They aren't exceptionally good at anything other than turning their owners into douchebags on the road.

The H1 at least has some utility.

I bet a truck or SUV you could get used, in great shape, and be happier with than the H2.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Dont waste your money on an H2, just get the Suburban.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dont waste your money on an H2, just get the Suburban.

Kharn

I already have an excursion.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Would also love an H2, Suburban would be great alternative.  I have researched most web sites and going with 2006 or newer is the right course.    Currently have a H4, that my friend is a 20 mpg Element, stick, AWD, can flip the rear seats up, slide two kayaks in the back, or convert the seats in to a big bed......It is not an off road vehicle but as they say it is a mini-Hummer.

If I was going to purchase a 2006 H2, try autotrader.com, focus on a particular year, and if the deal sounds too good to be true, it is.   Some of these will  be coming off lease soon, there is black book used by dealers that shows what the vehicles are selling for at the dealer auctions during the last week.   Talk to your local used car dealer and go with them to the auction, if you find one and want to purchase firgure 1 or 2 grand for the dealer to take care of the paperwork etc.  or buy from a individual....it would be in your best interest to find a vehicle with 6 months to a year left on the warranty, just incase.

I hear tires only last 20M miles, hate the rear spare that would be the first thing to go.....the SUT would allow you to carry it in the bed.  However I like the 5 seater.

Good luck on your hunt, I've been looking for 3 months now and have not be able to pull the trigger.....got my H4, AR-15.........Life is good.  Enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sounds to me that if you are on a budget - the H2 may not be the car of choice. I mean - why do you want one? Status symbol? They aren't exceptionally good at anything other than turning their owners into douchebags on the road.

The H1 at least has some utility.

I bet a truck or SUV you could get used, in great shape, and be happier with than the H2.

I'm on a budget, but a top of 35k isn't too low. I should be able to find one with low miles for that.

As for utility, I think it has a lot of utility. It would get me from point a to point b.

I don't want a truck or suv, I have a ford excursion which has plenty of utility. It's not so much for status symbol as it is I love how they look and when I test drove one when they were a little out of my price range, I loved it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#33]
fair amount for sale around here for 20-25K

Id hit craigslist in your area
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#34]
An is used when followed by a vowel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#35]
What do you want an H2 for?

There are better vehicles for every purpose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Every purpose? What about making me happy? That's a purpose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm perfectly fine with some saying "an H2"

H is pronounced eight - ch.

...an H2 = an 82
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess.

But what makes you happy about it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm perfectly fine with some saying "an H2"

H is pronounced eight - ch.

...an H2 = an 82

I'm with you, it just sounds better, grammar rules aside.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like they say, a sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess.

I like how it looks more than any other vehicle in that price range, and I like how it drives. I work hard for my money, why can't I enjoy it?  Everything doesn't need to serve a utility, I own quite a few rifles, I certainly don't need all of them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#42]
230, you get way too defensive when people don't agree with you.  This is the "breastfeeding in a restaurant" thread all over again.  Why do you ask for opinions if you don't want to hear them?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess.

I like how it looks more than any other vehicle in that price range, and I like how it drives. I work hard for my money, why can't I enjoy it?  Everything doesn't need to serve a utility, I own quite a few rifles, I certainly don't need all of them.

Cool, bro. Just don't overpay too much for a vehicle just because you dig the looks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#44]
you'd probably be better off taking that money and flushing it down the toilet than spending it on an H2
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.  How will that life be spent?  Behind the wheel of an H2?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#46]
What's with the 3rd Degree around here? If 230grains wants an H2, so what? If he wanted to drive around in a clown car with his head sticking out the top because that would make him happy, who cares?!

The member who wants to buy a tank/some armor isn't getting near this much interrogation. WTF?

edited for spelling

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
230, you get way too defensive when people don't agree with you.  This is the "breastfeeding in a restaurant" thread all over again.  Why do you ask for opinions if you don't want to hear them?

I wanted opinions on the actual vehicle from anyone who owns one. Not "they suck buy a different vehicle".
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
you'd probably be better off taking that money and flushing it down the toilet than spending it on an H2

Why? Is it going to explode the day I buy it?n

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nope,the NG never auctions off anything,there were Hummers that were auctioned off(by mistake!),those were the USMC ones.

The DoD didn't want a -151 fiasco,therefore they didn't sell them to the general public.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I think you should get a Defender 90 instead. Way cool, and can keep up with the best.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top