Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2009 9:12:03 PM EDT
What are some good ideas to waste some electricity?

I'm looking around the house for random things to plug in...  I'm gonna try to run so much stuff that my circuit breaker sounds like I'm microwaving popcorn!!!

What are YOU going to do to piss off the watermelons?
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I just burn some tires?
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Beat me to it, maybe spray some cans with CFCs in them into the air.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
this would be neat if it was like everyone on the planet flushing their toilets at the same time.
w00t! global power outage
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
poisoning the earth with lead, what else?
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably going to blow some shit up (fireworks).

Maybe destroy some old documents too...spray lighter fluid over them and ignite.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I will leave my 4X4s and my wife's SUV idling all day.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad had a container of DDT that he found under a house several years ago. I think he has since disposed of it though, I'm not sure. I should get him to go dump it out for this special day if he still has it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha ha ha.  How timely.

I was in my beautiful, hard earned, perfect kitchen about twenty minutes ago...when I realized that the lighting system was going to be totally FUCKED by this bullshit ban on incadescent lightbulbs.

In a alcohol indused rage I went to

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=partners.pt_index

and

http://www.epa.gov/

and sent them emails saying "fuck you".

I don't care if its childish.  I'm fucking sick and tired of these people.  If they want to meet me on the playground at 3:30 I'm all for it, but my only recourse to truly express the way that I feel about this bullshit at this point is to cuss people out.

Anyway, I was just ranting to my wife about how on the day that I can't get incadescent lightbulbs, and I have to replace all the fixtures in my house (and my wonderful kitchen is fucked), that I will spend every last penny I have to keep ever single fucking light fixture on in my house 24/7.  Fuck these assholes.

So...I pledge and solemnly swear, that in order to celebrate this fucking bullshit, I will flush both toilets in my home 100 times on that day, leave every facet running 24 hours, and ever single light on in my home.  Oh, and I am also going to go 4-wheeling in my truck and also ride my ATV.  I will run my hoses to both my outside water facet's directly to the manholes and leave the water on all day long.  I will put up a sign in my front yard that says "Fuck you, I'm paying for it", and go about my business.

Also, I am going to expend as much lead ammunition as possible that day shooting varmint animals that I don't intend to eat from the back of my truck and/or ATV.

ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT CAN SUCK MY FUCKING DICK RIGHT AFTER THEY GET DONE KISSING MY FUCKING ASS.

eta:  I am also going to run my gas fireplace and grill all day too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

oooh!!!  I am going to do this also.  Need to go buy a stockpile of used tires tomorrow.

FUCK!  We need to make this into a movement.  Let's fucking organize!
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe pour some old motor oil into a ditch in my liberal neighbors backyard
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My initial thought as well.  I read the title and thought "hmm... I think I'll burn some tires"
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm gonna go cut down a few trees and pour motor oil, anti freeze and a mixture of household chemicals into my local creek

Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Turn on all my house lights and Max air. Start and run all my cars and bike. Go piss in a water supply.            
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm renting a spotlight.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Christmas lights may have to go back up too...  
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Skillets, you should see if bigscrun could hook you up on things to occupy every single outlet in your home.

As for me, I'm going to barbecue a spotted owl. . . Right after I burn raw sewage in my burn barrel using Diesel fuel!
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Skillets, you should see if bigscrun could hook you up on things to occupy every single outlet in your home.

As for me, I'm going to barbecue a spotted owl. . . Right after I burn raw sewage in my burn barrel using Diesel fuel!

Im sure he could...  I just dont have the loot

I am thinking that I will need to boil 4 pots of water and bake something in the oven!
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]
jacking off
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe I will pour used motor oil down the sewer and cut down a few trees and the burn them while throwing tires on it. My house lights will be on as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
First, I'm gonna club a baby seal, then, I'm gonna cut down my neighbors tree, then, I'm gonna rub lead on some candy and hand it out to all the kids I see.  Oh, and definitely burn some fresh coal in my firepit all day!!!!  All the while, I'll drive my Firebird all over town.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll do my part by surfing arfcom on my dual processor, 15K RPM SCSI equipped, 850 watt, SLI rig. Just like I do every day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 12:31:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
jacking off

What ARFcom will really be doing. Well unless your SO wants to serve pie w/ the lights on.

I'm going to BBQ some hippies. I hear you have to granola feed them or they get kind of gamy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 2:07:30 AM EDT
[#24]
During Earth Hour, I will be in port and will burn approximately 300 gallons of diesel fuel.  I will pump so-called greenhouse gases out my boilers and into the atmosphere.  I will attempt to catch little fishies in my condensers and kill them.  (I found a puffer fish inside one of my auxiliary condensers a few months ago )  To top it all off, I will take a dump that will make its way into the legendary Shit River.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Dump used oil down the sewer
Burn some tires
Dump a bunch of lead in the rivers, streams, lakes
Pour antifreeze all over the place
Drain a bunch of air conditioners
Waste massive amounts of water and electricity
Remove the catalytic converter off my truck
Throw a lot of plastic out my truck window

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#26]
First, I'm going to throw some old batteries in the trash.  After that, I'm going to change my oil, and dump the old oil in the gutter, followed by the breaking of fluorescent bulbs.  Finally, I'm going to jump in my V8 gas hog pickup, and drive around aimlessly in city traffic, just to burn fuel.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 2:39:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm gonna buy a bunch of cans of R-12 and poke holes in them.  We don't need no stinkin' ozone layer!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I am going to turn on every single light in my house...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Might put on shorts, crank the furnace up to 86, and open all the windows.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Might put on shorts, crank the furnace up to 86, and open all the windows.

Thanks for the bump!!!

Do your part to counteract the hippies!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:08:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Maybe pour some old motor oil into a ditch in my liberal neighbors backyard

Dude, why would you pour something like that out on a lawn?  

Give that to someone with a multi-fuel engine so he can burn it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#34]
i'm going to shoot mother earth
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Earth Hour invites one billion people in more than 2800 cities representing 83 countries to turn off their lights for one hour – tonight, Saturday, March 28 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm in their local time zone. On this day, cities around the world, including Paris, Sydney, London, Cairo, New York, Los Angeles and Cape Town, will join together to demonstrate their commitment to energy conservation and sustainability. Here's how you can participate:

Great, now I have to stay up to 9:30 PM just to spite their asses.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ha ha ha.  How timely.

I was in my beautiful, hard earned, perfect kitchen about twenty minutes ago...when I realized that the lighting system was going to be totally FUCKED by this bullshit ban on incadescent lightbulbs.
WHAT?! Is this something local to you or is this nationwide? The government isn't gonna force people to use fluorescent bulbs are they?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Flush the toilet three times while wearing sunglasses due to the brightness of the INCANDECENT light bulbs
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to start up 20 horsepower of electric grain bin fans and maybe weld something.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Of course! You'll need some source of light, right?

RF
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm going to start a bonfire, if it's not raining. I hear the smoke from the burn is good for the ozone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ha ha ha.  How timely.

and

I don't care if its childish.  I'm fucking sick and tired of these people.  If they want to meet me on the playground at 3:30 I'm all for it, but my only recourse to truly express the way that I feel about this bullshit at this point is to cuss people out.

Anyway, I was just ranting to my wife about how on the day that I can't get incadescent lightbulbs, and I have to replace all the fixtures in my house (and my wonderful kitchen is fucked), that I will spend every last penny I have to keep ever single fucking light fixture on in my house 24/7.  Fuck these assholes.

So...I pledge and solemnly swear, that in order to celebrate this fucking bullshit, I will flush both toilets in my home 100 times on that day, leave every facet running 24 hours, and ever single light on in my home.  Oh, and I am also going to go 4-wheeling in my truck and also ride my ATV.  I will run my hoses to both my outside water facet's directly to the manholes and leave the water on all day long.  I will put up a sign in my front yard that says "Fuck you, I'm paying for it", and go about my business.

Also, I am going to expend as much lead ammunition as possible that day shooting varmint animals that I don't intend to eat from the back of my truck and/or ATV.

ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT CAN SUCK MY FUCKING DICK RIGHT AFTER THEY GET DONE KISSING MY FUCKING ASS.

u mad brah?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#43]
What I'm doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxACEqK-mdc

1:43 - 1:48.

The Real Meaning of Earth Hour

by Keith Lockitch  (March 25, 2009)

On Saturday, March 28, cities around the world will turn off their lights to observe “Earth Hour.” Iconic landmarks from the Sydney Opera House to Manhattan’s skyscrapers will be darkened to encourage reduced energy use and signal a commitment to fighting climate change.

While a one-hour blackout will admittedly have little effect on carbon emissions, what matters, organizers say, is the event’s symbolic meaning. That’s true, but not in the way organizers intend.

We hear constantly that the debate is over on climate change––that man-made greenhouse gases are indisputably causing a planetary emergency. But there is ample scientific evidence to reject the claims of climate catastrophe. And what’s never mentioned? The fact that reducing greenhouse gases to the degree sought by climate activists would, itself, cause significant harm.

Politicians and environmentalists, including those behind Earth Hour, are not calling on people just to change a few light bulbs, they are calling for a truly massive reduction in carbon emissions––as much as 80 percent below 1990 levels. Because our energy is overwhelmingly carbon-based (fossil fuels provide more than 80 percent of world energy), and because the claims of abundant “green energy” from breezes and sunbeams are a myth––this necessarily means a massive reduction in our energy use.

People don’t have a clear view of what this would mean in practice. We, in the industrialized world, take our abundant energy for granted and don’t consider just how much we benefit from its use in every minute of every day. Driving our cars to work and school, sitting in our lighted, heated homes and offices, powering our computers and countless other labor-saving appliances, we count on the indispensable values that industrial energy makes possible: hospitals and grocery stores, factories and farms, international travel and global telecommunications. It is hard for us to project the degree of sacrifice and harm that proposed climate policies would force upon us.

This blindness to the vital importance of energy is precisely what Earth Hour exploits. It sends the comforting-but-false message: Cutting off fossil fuels would be easy and even fun! People spend the hour stargazing and holding torch-lit beach parties; restaurants offer special candle-lit dinners. Earth Hour makes the renunciation of energy seem like a big party.

Participants spend an enjoyable sixty minutes in the dark, safe in the knowledge that the life-saving benefits of industrial civilization are just a light switch away. This bears no relation whatsoever to what life would actually be like under the sort of draconian carbon-reduction policies that climate activists are demanding: punishing carbon taxes, severe emissions caps, outright bans on the construction of power plants.

Forget one measly hour with just the lights off. How about Earth Month, without any form of fossil fuel energy? Try spending a month shivering in the dark without heating, electricity, refrigeration; without power plants or generators; without any of the labor-saving, time-saving, and therefore life-saving products that industrial energy makes possible.

Those who claim that we must cut off our carbon emissions to prevent an alleged global catastrophe need to learn the indisputable fact that cutting off our carbon emissions would be a global catastrophe. What we really need is greater awareness of just how indispensable carbon-based energy is to human life (including, of course, to our ability to cope with any changes in the climate).

It is true that the importance of Earth Hour is its symbolic meaning. But that meaning is the opposite of the one intended. The lights of our cities and monuments are a symbol of human achievement, of what mankind has accomplished in rising from the cave to the skyscraper. Earth Hour presents the disturbing spectacle of people celebrating those lights being extinguished. Its call for people to renounce energy and to rejoice at darkened skyscrapers makes its real meaning unmistakably clear: Earth Hour symbolizes the renunciation of industrial civilization.

Keith Lockitch, Ph.D. in physics, is a fellow at the Ayn Rand Institute in Irvine, CA. The Institute promotes Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand, author of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#44]
  A group of us in my neighborhood are preparing to unleash over 135 Million Candle Power at the designated time ...look to the sky.  And bring your welding shield.
ETA:  up to 212 MCP

ETA:  plus another
2MCP from a 737 landing light ...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Lighting up the house like a Christmas tree to ensure the neighbors know I'm not some tree hugging hippie!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Its supposed to get down to 35 degrees tonight so Iwill blast some heat
I will also turn on all exterior lighting.
Fook the hippy globalist commys

BTW when is this 1 hour time window?
Of I course I live in the Central time zone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Turning on all my lights inside and out,.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha ha ha.  How timely.

and

u mad brah?

"I'm gonna 'stick it to the man' by running my utilities up so I can pay more!"

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm gonna go over to the dump here in Iraq, and start a new fire
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Jack off with some dirt in my hand..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top