BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Serves him right.  F**k this icon crap.

I used to hate their "do you want everything on that?" scam. They finally stopped it.  The standard burger had all the stuff but tomatoes, and if you said "yes" to "everything?", then you got tomatoes, and it cost you $.15 extra.  

My way of dealing with it was to ask "what do I get if I say no?"

The other P.O. factor was the way they wanted to make you answer right off the bat, "for here or to go". They still do this, and frankly I don't care why, even if it's to get my porduct, (to use a Toddism) to me 3.45 seconds earlier.

I just refuse to be scripted, so I ignore them, which drives some of them nuts, because they don't know what to do when the "consumption unit" (customer) doesn't respond in the prescibed fashion.

Yeah I eat there once in a while.  The one I go to has a real piece of work who just figured learning English was too hard.  After having to have the drive-up order repeated twice, I left the squawk box and explained it all at the window, which slowed everybody down.  

On a later trip, it was just as bad at the counter - couldn't understand that "large fries instead of medium" didn't mean two bags of fries.

The other cozy part about the place is the way that when the unlockable men's room door is opened, passing women get to look straight in and watch you shake it out.
View Quote

It takes a real man to complain about the work you are too good to do, huh?

RIP Dave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Serves him right.  F**k this icon crap.

I used to hate their "do you want everything on that?" scam. They finally stopped it.  The standard burger had all the stuff but tomatoes, and if you said "yes" to "everything?", then you got tomatoes, and it cost you $.15 extra.  

My way of dealing with it was to ask "what do I get if I say no?"

The other P.O. factor was the way they wanted to make you answer right off the bat, "for here or to go". They still do this, and frankly I don't care why, even if it's to get my porduct, (to use a Toddism) to me 3.45 seconds earlier.

I just refuse to be scripted, so I ignore them, which drives some of them nuts, because they don't know what to do when the "consumption unit" (customer) doesn't respond in the prescibed fashion.

Yeah I eat there once in a while.  The one I go to has a real piece of work who just figured learning English was too hard.  After having to have the drive-up order repeated twice, I left the squawk box and explained it all at the window, which slowed everybody down.  

On a later trip, it was just as bad at the counter - couldn't understand that "large fries instead of medium" didn't mean two bags of fries.

The other cozy part about the place is the way that when the unlockable men's room door is opened, passing women get to look straight in and watch you shake it out.
View Quote

You'd be happier if those people were unemployed and on public assistance?  Although you may not like it, their procedures are aimed at getting the maximum number of people served in the minimum amount of time.  If you want "personalized service" then go to a regular sit-down restaurant.  Be prepared to pay more for your meal, be prepared to leave a tip, and be prepared for the entire process to take much longer than at a Wendy's/BK/McDonalds/KFC.  
The most amusing part is your pride in behaving as an a$$.  Other than irritating the staff and inconveniencing the other customers (who had to wait longer because of you), what did you accomplish?  Did corporate policy change?  Did you get better service?
Here's something for you to think about next time you want to act like a douchebag, you're the kind of customer whose food gets spit in just before it is wrapped up and given to you.  Try to think of it as a "special sauce" that you earned by the way you treated the help.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I can feel the groovy love here!!
(rant ON)
I try and stay out of fast food when I can.  When I do get a hankering for a Wendy's Spicy Chicken (yum!) I won't pull into the drive through unless it is absolutely devoid of SUV/Minivans full of brats (hard to do!).  For some reason, it seems that this demographic always has to order every single thing prepared special in a 15 item order.  Oh, and be prepared for the soccer mom driving to pick through the order for 5 minutes after it **finally** gets handed out the window, and complain about something, while by this time cars are in line wrapped all the way around the back of the joint!!

Apparently, birthing children and/or driving an SUV or minivan results in not being bright enough to figure out that in an understaffed fast food resturaunt designed to move specifically designed meals in prearranged packages at maximum velocity, showing up at the dinner rush and ordering 15 specially prepared items for you and your kids usually does not work too well.  But that's the entitlement mindset for you.  

I swear, some of these people think they can expect ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, and it's the fault of the drive-thru workers that they can't come up with:

5 Big Macs WITHOUT special sauce, 2 of them with onion ONLY on the TOP half, and 1 with no pickles (but not one of the half onion ones),
2 6 piece chicken McNuggets (white meat pieces ONLY or I'll sue),
2 large fries,
2 medium fries,
a small fry,
2 regular diet cokes,
a medium regular coke,
a small root beer (MUST be in a large cup with lots of ice),
and a vanilla shake with a little bit of chocolate in it, THEN:
Pull around and CHANGE your order!!!!!,
and do it in 3 minutes without screwing something up and/or bogging down the whole line.

I shit you not, I once had someone tell me "I have the right to get my food made the way I want it, all those people can just wait".

Jane, you ignorant slut!
Go home and cook something good for your family and eat it over the dinnertable for God's sake!  Even MY wife does it!

Can you tell I agree with Golgo-13 that you should not expect too much personal fancy attention at a fast food joint?  Order 5 # X's OR GO HOME AND COOK IT YOUR WAY YOURSELF and spend some time with your kids at the table to boot!!

Don't even get me started on the dreaded minivan plugging up the passing lane on the freeway LOL!
(Rant OFF)

(LOL!!!!)
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Apparently, birthing children and/or driving an SUV or minivan results in not being bright enough to figure out that in an understaffed fast food resturaunt designed to move specifically designed meals in prearranged packages at maximum velocity, showing up at the dinner rush and ordering 15 specially prepared items for you and your kids usually does not work too well.  But that's the entitlement mindset for you.  
View Quote

You are absolutely spot on, I used to work drive-thru in high school.  Nothing drove me absolutely frigging nuts more than people ordering several kids meals or tons of sandwiches at a time.  FYI kids meals are a PITA to put together.  The point of drive through is _faster_ service.  The non-english speakers, and the people who have never been to a fast food restaurant before also got on my nerves.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Clearly, there are a few of us here who have lived through the indignity of working "fast food."

After running a Wendy's for 15 years, I know better than most that FF workers are treated as if they are in another caste system by many customers.  

No doubt, there are folks in FF who are idiots (just like any other industry) but most folks are merely inexperienced, good people.

The most important part of my old job (I thought) was that I was teaching people [b]HOW[/b] to work.  They probably wouldn't work FF for the rest of their life,  but they sure as hell would carry some of these work habits to their other jobs.

RIP Dave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a news article on TV about this. It stated how, even though he might be rich, he still ate burgers/fries, etc mostly every day.

Hmm....liver/kidney problems, quad bypass, etc....I wonder.... [rolleyes]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top