Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/5/2009 1:11:29 PM EDT
Guys, go to the link and leave a comment in support of the 2a. Having brass knuckles was obviously a stupid move but....

http://www.newstimes.com/latestnews/ci_11843867
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What is wrong with a nightscope?
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he was going from CT to Maine, shouldn't the charges be dropped since the weapons are legal in both states?
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm trying to figure out what laws were broken...I think Brass knuckles are illegal in many states but I thought at 18 you could posses riffles just not handguns...
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
OMG!!!!!

An ARSENAL!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guys, go to the link and leave a comment in support of the 2a. Having brass knuckles was obviously a stupid move....

The second amendment protects your right to keep and bear arms. Arms includes all forms of weapons and ammunition.

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the fucking shit I am fucking sick of
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he was going from CT to Maine, shouldn't the charges be dropped since the weapons are legal in both states?

Yeah, I thought that's what FOPA was for?
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]
AHH! I am seething right now reading those comments. People make me sick!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Other then the brass knuckles (dumb) what was it that got him arrested?  I'm originally from CT and thought that was all legal to have there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out what laws were broken...I think Brass knuckles are illegal in many states but I thought at 18 you could posses riffles just not handguns...

I for one am getting tired of this misconception.

It is illegal for a dealer to sell a handgun to someone under 21. If a dealer sells the handgun, the dealer broke the law.

It is completely LEGAL to sell a handgun to an 18 year old in a FTF transaction. Hell, in my state you can possess a rifle, shotgun, and handgun all at the same time at the age of 16!

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The bullet proof vest is what would make him look bad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
As far as I know, he did nothing illegal. Shows you how fucking dumb cops, judges, and other government officials are not to mention the media itself.

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#14]
MY POINT EXACTLY.

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#15]
The article says that he had two high capacity mags but in the pic there are at least 6 or 7.

Good luck to him, maybe he won't go down too hard.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#16]
most of the charges are for the high cap mags.. Maybe thats the issue... i thought places like NY NJ and other shit holes didnt allow those regardless.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]
If he was just passing through Massachusetts, FOPA should protect him from this crap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if that .50 cal rifle "bullet" was one of those key chains.

I love how a shot gun and rifle is an arsenal.

Edited to add this:
"Safe passage" provision
One of the law's provisions was that persons traveling from one place to another for a shooting sports event or any other lawful activity cannot be arrested for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas) and the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, in a locked container.[5]

An example of this would be that someone driving from Virginia to a competition in Vermont with a locked hard case containing an unloaded handgun and a box of ammunition in the trunk could not be prosecuted in New Jersey or New York City for illegal possession of a handgun provided that they did not stop in New Jersey or New York for an extended period of time.

I hope he gets a good attorney. Also in the article they said they have to determine his intent. Why does there have to be intent?

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is the fucking shit I am fucking sick of

FUCKING SICK!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#20]
"Mike Ayers" just left an insightful comment  ;-)
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#21]
No offense in Florida. I guess Yankees really are different.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The myth FOPA protects gun owners rears its ugly head again.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#23]
The only stupid thing about having brass knuckles was getting caught.

However, I wouldn't vote to convict if I was on his jury, even if it was blatantly illegal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not all of us are liberal fuckheads
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I for one am getting tired of this misconception.

It is illegal for a dealer to sell a handgun to someone under 21. If a dealer sells the handgun, the dealer broke the law.

It is completely LEGAL to sell a handgun to an 18 year old in a FTF transaction. Hell, in my state you can possess a rifle, shotgun, and handgun all at the same time at the age of 16!

Yup, my home state of LA is, i believe, 17 for handgun possesion and 16 for everything else. You can open carry where ever at 17 too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

STOP PUTTING ALL OF US IN ONE GROUP! IT IS MASSACHUSETTS THAT IS VERY DIFFERENT!!! SOME OF US ARE JUST LIKE YOU!

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should protect him IF he had his weapons in locked cases.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#28]
snip- 'Huizinga was charged with possession of a large capacity firearm'

WoW, I want a large capacity firearm...  My AR does not have a large capacity. It is a carbine and rather smallish
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#29]
It is perfectly legal to travel from CT through Mass posessing long arms. I drive from CT to the Sig Academy in NH with my Sig SCM (CT legal 556) and 15 LOADED Pmags for training....

Mass Troopers are very tough but I never knew they were this dumb.

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
snip- 'Huizinga was charged with possession of a large capacity firearm'

WoW, I want a large capacity firearm...  My AR does not have a large capacity. It is a carbine and rather smallish

My AR has almost no capacity.  I put some simple, unfinished equations in front of it and timed it... absolutely piss poor.  It just sat there, dumbfounded.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why? Kevlar vests are legal in all 50 states. They're not weapons. There's no age restriction. I suppose it would have looked REALLY bad if he had some old BDU's and a steel pot in the car too?
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Congrats Massachusetts, you are officially the gayest fucking state in the union.  Before anyone acts too surprised lets remember this is the same state that keeps Sir Edward Kennedy in office.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OMG!!!!!

An ARSENAL!!!!!!!

No shit.  If two guns is an arsenal, then i've got an army in my closet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Kevlar vests are legal in all 50 states. They're not weapons. There's no age restriction. I suppose it would have looked REALLY bad if he had some old BDU's and a steel pot in the car too?

Don't forget the hate literature like Bibles and pocket Constitutions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#36]
was he from mass?
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
was he from mass?

No CT
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#38]
OK which one you did it?

"IDIDNTVOTEFORMAGICNEGRO"

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Well if he was in Cali he would have been locked for life...Hell they  would have let out an border hopper to make room for him
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#40]
hahaha....I'm really getting in to it with these asses on the comments.

I'm Bryan from Fort Walton Beach, FL...............One of them called me a hillbilly I think.

ETA: they just removed my comment
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#41]
What's his screen name?
What a bunch of BS.
Hopefully he can get a good lawyer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Had I stopped him here in Florida, I most likely would have said something like "hey, nice guns... ".  The press and the way they describe everything makes it sound much worse than what it really is... THAT's WHAT I'M TIRED OF.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Project Mayhem link = WIN  
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
yeah, a REAL arsenal there

/sarcasm
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I still aint' burryin' my shit!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He broke that one that states that no sensible FREE MAN should drive through MA.

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Handguns are legal at 18. All firearms are that aren't class three or the like.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I still aint' burryin' my shit!!!

When its time for that its time to dig them up
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#49]
This is bullshit, i hope someone that actually knows the law reads his case and realizes he did nothing wrong
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#50]
He could also face federal charges because he allegedly transported the weapons across state lines.

WTF is up with this line?  I transport more guns than that over state lines all the time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top