Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2009 3:46:38 PM EDT
"Shoulder Things That Go Up"?

I have heard this term used around the site several times before. It seems like a piece of failed liberal propaganda. At the risk of sounding like a complete moron I must ask what they were attempting to refer to. Also, does anyone remember where this phrase originated and to whom it was attributed?

MAX
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Damn you are too fast. I'd like to see the rest of that interview.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a whole case before they get banned. I'll sell you some if you like.

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
google "Shoulder Things That Go Up"

1st Video Link

EDIT Damm late by a few people
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
google "Shoulder Things That Go Up"

1st Video Link

EDIT Damm late by a few people

Or google "barrel shroud" and it is the first link AFTER wikipedia.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a whole case before they get banned. I'll sell you some if you like.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3311495583_26a8f8d25e.jpg

A++
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to hyjack, but what about "more thrusts per squeeze"?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That was Feinstein.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Everytime I watch that interview I want to go break something.

No wonder our country is doomed with these mental midgets making the laws....
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Where can I get some heat seeking .50?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck, that makes me laugh every time I see it. Until I realize that she is a real person and isn't joking. She is that retarded.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#15]
have never seen that - glad someone pointed out that it is a gun-grabber 'term of art'...I just thought a bunch of idiots were using the term because they didn't know what parts were on their guns, or bother to look them up.  I could not figure out what part that might describe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have heard this term used around the site several times before. It seems like a piece of failed liberal propaganda. At the risk of sounding like a complete moron I must ask what they were attempting to refer to. Also, does anyone remember where this phrase originated and to whom it was attributed?

MAX

If you ever wondered what the real purpose of a barrel shroud is, it's for putting up against your shoulder. Brady.org says pistol grips make it easy to fire from the hip, so if you want to fire from your shoulder for some crazy reason, you need a barrel shroud

LMAO
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fuck, that makes me laugh every time I see it. Until I realize that she is a real person and isn't joking. She is that retarded.

Not just a real person, but a member of Congress.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#18]
the funny thing is that to them their attitude is: "WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT IT DOES!  WE SHOULD BAN ALL GUNS!"

Gun control is not about guns, it is about control.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
".. because it's in your legislation".

Someone give that man a doughnut.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I also love their apparent fascination with "firing from the hip". Only people where watching movies is their only source of firearms information would think that firing from the hip is a better idea than ACTUALLY AIMING YOUR GUN! "Spray and Prey" is never a better idea than using your sights! Even with full auto the magazine eventually runs out.

MAX
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the funny thing is that to them their attitude is: "WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT IT DOES!  WE SHOULD BAN ALL GUNS!"

Gun control is not about guns, it is about control.

yep and speaking as someone who's lived in 2 communist countries, I know what it's like to have every aspect of your life controlled.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#22]
i needz me them large capacity "clips"

and a few dozen "shoulder things that go up"

but really they need to STFU and reserch this before they try to even write about it in a bill
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I think not knowing what a shoulder thing that goes up is would be a sign of some intelligence.
It's the pistol grip,right? Er wait no it's a folding stock? Some sort of cheek rest maybe?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think not knowing what a shoulder thing that goes up is would be a sign of some intelligence.

It's the pistol grip,right? Er wait no it's a folding stock? Some sort of cheek rest maybe?

I'm thinking that the picture from Predator is probably the closest to a real "shoulder thing that goes up" so far!

BTW, I really want one of those shoulder mounted energy weapons from Predator! Group buy?

MAX

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just a real person, but a member of Congress.

She's as dumb as sheila jackson lee asking if the Mars Pathfinder took any pics of the flag that Neil Armstrong planted on the moon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Passing legislation to ban things that they have no fucking clue what they are...it's the American way!
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking that the picture from Predator is probably the closest to a real "shoulder thing that goes up" so far!

BTW, I really want one of those shoulder mounted energy weapons from Predator! Group buy?

MAX

She was talking about the folding metal on the stock of a m1 Garand or MIA/M14, every one knows it increased accuracy!

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#28]

its that thing
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Damnit, I swear that first pic wasn't there!
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Gotta love the ignorance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#31]
"Congresswoman McCarthy is glad to hear of their support. She can think of no legitimate reason for civilians to have access to military-style weapons that are useless for recreational activities and only serve the purpose of furthering unwanted criminal activity."

This is from her official House.gov website.
I bet everyone here can think of ways to use military style weapons for recreation.  

I work on the hill, and hear this crap everywhere.  Please call her office non-stop and try to educate her on gun terminology as well as recreational uses for military style weapons.
her DC office number is : (202)225-5516

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I think its a shotgun stock that folds up into a pistol grip, and has a barrel shroud on it.

The shoulder thing that goes up
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was Feinstein.

I believe it was some dumb editorial piece a few years back, If someone with better archive-foo could look it up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

"Umm, no. It's not."

Yup, that reply was money.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

"Umm, no. It's not."

Yup, that reply was money.

Freakin Classic.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I was put in there to specifically go after this gun :

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAX

If you ever wondered what the real purpose of a barrel shroud is, it's for putting up against your shoulder. Brady.org says pistol grips make it easy to fire from the hip, so if you want to fire from your shoulder for some crazy reason, you need a barrel shroud

LMAO

what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Thats funny shit, I have wondered the same thing but didnt have the balls to ask Arfcom.

They pass legislation that they cant even explain.

Thanks for the laugh guys!
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't forget to get some of those heat seeking bullets before they are banned too.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I need some heat seeking bullets!

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I also love their apparent fascination with "firing from the hip". Only people where watching movies is their only source of firearms information would think that firing from the hip is a better idea than ACTUALLY AIMING YOUR GUN! "Spray and Prey" is never a better idea than using your sights! Even with full auto the magazine eventually runs out.

MAX

Now you're just talking out of your ass noob.  u need a bananna clip, they never run out of bullets and make the bullets armor piercing and inflammatory too.

Copkiller bullets (like black talons) in a bananaclip?  Forget about it, might as well have set off a tactical nuke.  You can miss by as much as 3 meters and you still kill your mark and anyone nearby.

Be sure to wear a welding mask, that motherfucker is bright when it lights off.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That quote was from a no nothing reporter running his mouth about dangerous assault weapons, that they have "more thrust per squeeze" than ordinary firearms.

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2004/03/they-never-ever-stop-and-they-have.html

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That's funny shit, I have wondered the same thing but didn't have the balls to ask Arfcom.

They pass legislation that they cant even explain.

Thanks for the laugh guys!

I like to think of myself as a knowledgeable guy, but I only got that way by asking question about the things that I did not already know. The questions that you think will make you look stupid are often the most important to ask. If they weren't there would be more people who do not know the answer. Thus you would not look dumb by asking the question.

MAX

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

MAX

Now you're just talking out of your ass noob.  u need a bananna clip, they never run out of bullets and make the bullets armor piercing and inflammatory too.

Copkiller bullets (like black talons) in a bananaclip?  Forget about it, might as well have set off a tactical nuke.  You can miss by as much as 3 meters and you still kill your mark and anyone nearby.

Be sure to wear a welding mask, that motherfucker is bright when it lights off.

No no no...Black RHINOS!
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#47]

I forgot to thank you for posting the video. It always amazes me just how stupid the people who are in charge of passing laws in this country can be sometimes (all the time).

MAX

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#48]
She could be talking about the hinged shoulder rest on m-60's and a few others.

Link Posted: 3/4/2009 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/4/2009 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Feinstein.

I believe it was some dumb editorial piece a few years back, If someone with better archive-foo could look it up.

You are correct.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=259452

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top