Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It is easier to do by event:

Football - Avulsion fracture - tore the tendons off the top of my foot. Actually the damm FB did it -  1st series. I played the rest of the game both ways - had 3 sacs, and they picked up 75 yrd over my hole. I knew I was done for the year the second it happened.

Baseball - ribs - curve didn't break. Finger.

Karate - tibia, nose, ribs

Ski racing - neck

Stiches? In comparision - who cares.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  A chicks dig scars thread....

Sprained the left ankle 4 times, the right 5 - jumping down entire stairwells, playing basketball, playing volleyball, playing walleyball.  I am now an authority on ankle rehabilitation.

Tore the skin on my kneecap on a skiing wipeout.  I'm glad I didn't hit a few inches lower, as I suspect the rock would have 'kneecapped' me.

Clipped my knee with a Gurkha khukri.  I am grateful I only needed 5 stitches.  Given how well those knives cut, it could have been much, much worse.

Hairline fracture of left wrist 3 times.  I keep using that arm to fend off things.  Funny thign about it - my golf game changes with each wrist injury.  I go from slice/fade to hook/draw and vice versa.

Fractured left radius and ulna playing basketball.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Broke my brothers nose playing catch - threw him a pop-up, and he had the glove to close to his face when he caught it.

Then I fell off my bike - three stitches in the elbow.

Then nothing for many years... move to San Diego, was 'T'-boned by a full-size van - I was in the passenger side (where it ompacted) and my clavicle was broken - lost conciousness for a few seconds.

Then last April, while riding a motorcycle, a pickup turned left in front of me.  Closing speed about 90 mph (my 55 and his 35 or so) I think I impacted at about 35-45 mph.  Broke a number of ribs, left humerous (it ain't funny) and the tibial Plateau (into about 6 pieces)  

I now have a 250mm nail in my left arm and four screws holding it into place, and two plates and 13 screws in my knee.

I had a web site up about it, but it went down about a month ago, and I haven't had time to put it back up.

Turns out the guy that hit me was a doctor, and tells the EMT's "he doesn't look hurt that bad" (he didn't want them to airlift me to the trauma center in Seattle) - I don't recall a thing from the time I went for the brakes to waking up in the emergency room - more than 30 miles away - by airlift - with a couple of brief moments (the best one was the EMT loading me on the Chopper - she was beautiful [:)])

No more motorcycles for me...

BTW, if you ride without a helmet, your askin' for trouble.  It's your choice - I'm glad I had mine on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Broken nose - Junior Olympics boxing match 1981

Broken fibia - Bullride 1980

Dislocated shoulder(s) - Various

Heart attack - 2001
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:38:59 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was about 6 years old I split open the area below my eyebrow after getting hit by the edge of a table. Only had a butterfly bandage to close.

At 13 I tore open the skin on my knee after flying over my bike's handlebars and landing on a big lava rock. It was such a big gash and bleeding was so bad I got scared and didn't tell my parents especially because I ruined a new pair of levis. Used 6 bandaids and lots of toilet paper to cover it.

In jr. high, some guy thought it would be funny to trip me when I was leaving the locker room. Lots of sharp pain after I landed on my left arm. I am pretty sure I had a hairline fracture, but didn't do anything about it. Hurt real bad for like 2 months and could feel something wasn't right if twisted my arm a certain direction for years after.

And most recently, the GAW broke my heart.

I can post pics of my latest sneeze nugget extractions and a cyst that I removed from my side if there is interest.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#6]
My Thumb from Boxing with a friend who thought he could block a punch with his knee.

Finger from capture the flag.

My head from someone falling off a bunk-bed onto it.

Been burned by a motorcycle muffler twice, blowtorch, curling iron.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, let's see.

At age 13, I neatly removed 60% of my left foot stepping on a broken bottle.  The neatest purple blood came out when the artery was severed.  Would have died but for a nearby fisherman that heard my shouts.  Kicked an ER doctor across the room when he used a bottle of alcohol to wash out the wound!  250 stitches, and 6 months rehab to recover.  Nasty scar.

In 1983, rolled a 4x4 on a gravel road.  Rollbar(real one, not a "show" bar)in the bed was the only thing saved my life. Gear shift worked over my right side ribs with three broken.  That was the night I discovered I was violently allergic to Demerol.  If Hell is anything like the night of October 2, 1983, I'll pass...

[IMG]http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's mine:
2 separated ribs.  I got those in a highschool wrestling scrimmage match
Broken both wrists.  Again wrestling
Dislocated 2 fingers on my left hand. a-hole at a wrestling tourney  
Broke 2 on my right hand.  fighting my brother and wrestling
Blew out my acl on my left knee, repaired with a piece of my patela tendon and 2 pins (that was expensive)  wrestling again.
broken tibia and fibula. surprise! wrestling
broken toe. wrestling
and so many sprained ankles I've lost count, which messed up the ligaments there.  I have to tape them up whenever I run.  wrestling

I stopped wrestling when I was 20.  wonder why?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Numerous broken toes,but those don't really count.  Broke my collar bone and left thumb in a four wheeling accident.  I was unconscioius for about 15 minutes.  My brother went and got help.  The thumb was nearly unfixable, and it healed bad initially, so it had to be broken again and pins 4 were put in to hold it in place.  Hurt something fierce.  THats it.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#11]
No broken bones but I have rolled both ankles and sliced the extensor tendon in my right index finger while cutting something with a rather sharp pocket knife. I didn't think it was that bad until I could get the bleeding to stop and then I realized that I could extend my finger. I was pretty embrasing going to the hospital and explaining what I had done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I snapped my right ankle and tore all the ligaments when I fell off a U-Boat when I was younger (much!) I have a knife wound to the left hand that I got while fighing a clam...then clam won. I have lost several razor fights as well [:)] I was a stock clerk and was on an assembly line type of setup for opening boxes and pricing the product...we were too close...I got cut up a few times [8D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok here is my list:
broken bones:
right 5 metacarpal
scapula (shoulder blade)
radius and ulna at 45 degree angles after being hit by a truck riding my motorcycle
clavacle (colar bone)
left 5 meteacarpal comunitated fracture frome going highside in the rain at 80+mph at turn 6 at blackhawk.
the radius and ulna took 4 pins and 4 operations to fix
stitches 96:  8 to my knee after catching the head of a nail on a homeade skateboard ramp
5 in my thumb at 14 i didn't think a broadhead wrench was necessary
12 in my chest to close up the wounds from my motorcycle mirror after being hit by the truck
20 above the knee to close up where the other mirror hit
all the rest in my wrist to close up what the DR's did to fix my arm.
john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's my list:
5 y.o. Reattachment of 3rd finger L hand, BB gun accident - (don't tell my mom).
7 y.o. Fx R wrist, horseback incident.
12y.o. Lacerated liver w/ sugery, railroad tie catching incident.
13y.o. Fx 3 ribs on R side, horseback incident.
17y.o. Tore tendons, ligaments and cartiledge in R knee, football.
22y.o. Emergency Appendectomy.
23y.o. Avulsion Fx R thumb, skiing.
23y.o. Tore ACL in R knee, got to have 5 surgeries from that one, skiing.
25y.o. Fx skull, softball.
26y.o. R shoulder surgery 2 times, softball.
29y.o. R testicle removal, cancer.
31y.o. R ankle reconstruction surgery, golf.
32y.o. L knee ACL reconstruction, skiing.
33y.o. Brain surgery, hydroencephalopathy.

So now I've got a desk job and shoot and ride MX and play golf for fun. Oxycontin during recovery and 800 mg. Motrin for day to day arthritis are the only ways to go.

My wife says that I am accident prone but I think I am 'caution-challenged'.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#16]

beekeeper,

It is possible to have have nasal cavity bones come out of your mouth.  The Mouth and airway passages (sinus cavities) converge at the back of the throat.  It is not inconceivable for a broken sinus passage bone to migrate down to the buccal cavity and then be coughed out or spit up.

After all, spitting up a loogie (or hocker if you prefer) is nothing more than transferring excess snot from the sinuses to the mouth.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Skate boarding-open compound fracture of the R wrist (radius and ulna), shattered right elbow w/ partial joint replacement/reconstruction, hair line L wrist fracture of radius.

US Army-Shattered 3 ribs during botched infil via fast ropes, rolled ankles on numerous jumps, screwdriver through right hand from dumbass motorsgt leaving a screwdriver in engine compartment when doing PMCS engine start up on a Duce and a half, broken nose 4x from hand to hand/hand to face combat drills, shin splints/multiple stress fractures from running in formation at a GD airborne shuffle! all the damn time! Did I mention that I hate PT runs in formation! Oh yeah, rotator cuffs on both shoulders snap, crackle, pop from doing sadomasochistic things for Uncle Sugar.

I LOVE PAIN!

Latest experience was a bacterial infection in my GI-Cipro & Demoral are my gooooooood friends. Felt like I was giving birth to fistfuls of rusty razor blades and barbbed wire.
EnjoY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top