Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:43:59 PM EDT
i love both,im wanting somebody to open up a restaurant that servers both!call it Pedro's Peking place
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Both
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Joses' Wonton Burrito Factory.

That's crazy though, only be hungry again in an hour.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on who is making it really.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pedro's Peking place

Yes !

5sub

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
mex for me. chi for the wife.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Mexican
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
CHINA FOOD!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
chinese food
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
American Chinese food rocks, real Chinese food sucks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Chinese by a long shot
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Chinese
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's crazy though, only be hungry again in an hour.

This.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Italian
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I love both.  but honestly if I had to pick one.....Mexican hands down
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chinese by a long shot

to me its close,real Mexican food is great,so is Chinese American
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Mexican food is awesome
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Jesus Yang's  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#18]
No contest.   Chinese food.    NOT the typical China Buffet or Chinese carry-out joint.  I have eaten "authentic" "Mexican" food in Texas, California and Mexico...   None of it was fine dining....   Good food for a night out drinking though...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread needs a poll.

Oh, and Chinese.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chinese by a long shot

to me its close,real Mexican food is great,so is Chinese American

I do like Mexican food, but when if I could be force fed any food for the rest of my life, it would be Chinese.  Hell, it wouldn't even been force fed, it would be like Homer with those donuts and the devil.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm gonna go with Mexican food for two reasons. One I like Mexican food-good mexican food––better, and two, I have been in the kitchens back rooms and basements of too too many chineese resturants. Most are a sanitry cluster f––k and I have seen at least a few mexican resturants that were up to modern standards of clenliness and sanitation which is more than the zero chineese resturants I have found in that condition.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]
this is very simple, Chinese has no fuckin cheese!!!!

That is one of the reasons you get hungry 2 hours later

Mexican I could eat every day

Chinese Buffet

John Pinette has a few funny words about a Chines buffet
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#24]
If its in Texas, then Mexican.  95% of the rest of the country has no idea what good Mexican food is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Depends on who is cooking. If its Sum Dum Phuk, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If its in Texas, then Mexican.  95% of the rest of the country has no idea what good Mexican food is.

One important thing to note is the good stuff here is usually not exactly "Mexican" but rather Tex-Mex. Actual Mexican food is fucking BLAND.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#27]
both
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One important thing to note is the good stuff here is usually not exactly "Mexican" but rather Tex-Mex. Actual Mexican food is fucking BLAND.

While I agree that most of the "Mexican" food in Texas in not Mexican food, I disagree that Mexican food is "bland."

I swear, some people here eat at one restaurant when on vacation - usually at a place catering to gringos - and yet develop a broad opinon about the food of a nation of 100 million people.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree that most of the "Mexican" food in Texas in not Mexican food, I disagree that Mexican food is "bland."

I swear, some people here eat at one restaurant when on vacation - usually at a place catering to gringos - and yet develop a broad opinon about the food of a nation of 100 million people.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Gimme a fuckin' break!

There are honest to God real life Mexicans in every state and more than a few open restaurants. You can get authentic Mexican coast to coast if you know where to look.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Chinese food - a 2,000 year tradition of highly developed and varied culinary art.
Mexican food - the food of peasants who live in a desert.

Love 'em both !  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I love em both. I work in Mexican though, so usually chi when I go out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Call it the Oriental Mexpress.

I can't possibly see it offending anyone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm also going to disagree with Frost about Mexican food being "bland." My former roommate, a legal immigrant from Mehico, always brought food home from his mom and it was the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. It was not bland in the least.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gimme a fuckin' break!

There are honest to God real life Mexicans in every state and more than a few open restaurants. You can get authentic Mexican coast to coast if you know where to look.

No shit.   My little piss ant town of 12k has 3 authentic mexican restaurants.  Two out of the three are just shitty holes in the wall, cow brains and all.  Delicious.

Mexican > Chinese
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#36]
tex mex is the food of teh gods.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Sushi good. Frog tastes bad.
Last time I ate Mexican out, it cost me 6 hours in the ER for food poisoning and $1600.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Chuy's
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Ginger beef beats all food.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bah, I dated a Chinese girl for a while, dinners at her mother's house for 'real' Chinese food was like the dinner scene from Galaxy Quest.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#41]
this is not even a question.

Chinese food.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#43]
When I'm in China I just want mexican food, and back in phoenix I want Chinese food.

There's a place in Phoenix called Chino Banditos which sort of does both, is pretty cool. Has a giant pancho villa panda.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nope!

You can get most of the 'american chinese food' in china anyway if you know the right cuisine to look for.

Best sweet and sour pork I ever had has been in China. Ditto anything spicy, soup, dim sum, seafood. Cream cheese fried won tons are about the only thing you can't find. There's better alternatives though :D

Plus, a lot of stuff that is out of this world and all but impossible to find in the states.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope!

You can get most of the 'american chinese food' in china anyway if you know the right cuisine to look for.

Best sweet and sour pork I ever had has been in China. Ditto anything spicy, soup, dim sum, seafood. Cream cheese fried won tons are about the only thing you can't find. There's better alternatives though :D

Plus, a lot of stuff that is out of this world and all but impossible to find in the states.

I still have never made it to that part of thwe world - I refuse to pass judgement on the cuisine untill I spend at least a month there, and hit the various regions, from Hong Kong to Shanghai, to Beijing.

However, I have rarely found American "Chinese" food I would ever eat regularly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope!

Hows the food sanitation in that neck of the woods?

AND

Have you had a chance to try something involving a domesticated animal?

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gimme a fuckin' break!

No shit.   My little piss ant town of 12k has 3 authentic mexican restaurants.  Two out of the three are just shitty holes in the wall, cow brains and all.  Delicious.

Mexican > Chinese

I went to college out of state and everyone was always talking about how great this Mexican restaurant was.  So after a football game I am drunk and starving and we head over there.  What they served me was one of the most disgusting things I have ever attempted to eat in a restaurant.  When I wouldn’t eat it my friends looked at me like I was refusing to have sex with a willing Megan Fox.  They just didn’t get that what they thought was great Mexican food, wouldn’t have even been considered eatable to most Texans.

95% of Americans who haven’t lived in Texas really have no idea what great Mexican food is.  But feel free to keep thinking that you do.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Chinese +1

Chinese food is more diverse whilst Mexican food is the same crap in different forms.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gimme a fuckin' break!

Mexican > Chinese

I went to college out of state and everyone was always talking about how great this Mexican restaurant was.  So after a football game I am drunk and starving and we head over there.  What they served me was one of the most disgusting things I have ever attempted to eat in a restaurant.  When I wouldn’t eat it my friends looked at me like I was refusing to have sex with a willing Megan Fox.  They just didn’t get that what they thought was great Mexican food, wouldn’t have even been considered eatable to most Texans.

95% of Americans who haven’t lived in Texas really have no idea what great Mexican food is.  But feel free to keep thinking that you do.

So your saying the illegals lose culinary skills as they head north?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gimme a fuckin' break!

Mexican > Chinese

Sounds like you are talking about Texan food.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top