Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
voted both.  The Mexican I tend to get is a lot more substantial, not too fancy although there is some fancy out there.  Chinese food on the other hand is usually more of a mixtures of tastes and textures
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

95% of Americans who haven’t lived in Texas really have no idea what great Mexican food is.  But feel free to keep thinking that you do.

I'm a Florida native born and raised.

I can go five miles in any direction and have the most authentic Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Guatemalan, etc....food there is.

Just because you had a shitty meal once in one restaurant in one town in one state doesn't mean you have your finger on the pulse of national cuisine.

I know they teach you from birth that Texas always does it better but try to branch out just a bit every now and then.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

95% of Americans who haven’t lived in Texas really have no idea what great Mexican food is.  But feel free to keep thinking that you do.

I can go five miles in any direction and have the most authentic Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Guatemalan, etc....food there is.

Just because you had a shitty meal once in one restaurant in one town in one state doesn't mean you have your finger on the pulse of national cuisine.

I know they teach you from birth that Texas always does it better but try to branch out just a bit every now and then.

I have eaten at Mexican restaurants in 7 different states.  All of which were supposedly “great.”  Some were ok while others were terrible, but none of them would have even been considered average in Texas.

And they teach us from birth that Texas always does it better because Texas always does it better.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And they teach us from birth that Texas always does it better because Texas always does it better.

Shit, not if your football and country music is any indicator!

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
American Chinese food rocks, real Chinese food sucks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have eaten at Mexican restaurants in 7 different states.  All of which were supposedly “great.”  Some were ok while others were terrible, but none of them would have even been considered average in Texas.

Arizona has better Mexican food than Texas.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, not if your football and country music is any indicator!

I'm an SEC guy and I hate 99.9% of country music.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy living in China
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Where I live, there are ample opportunities to have both.

If we are talking about "real" Chinese v Mexican, I'd say "real" Mexican by a long shot.

If we are talking American Chinese v American Mexican its a wash. Both are tasty.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have enjoyed Mexican food from cost to cost. So it's true that you can find Mexican food across the nation but is it the same? Even in Mexico you will find a difference in food from one place to another. This happens here in the states as well. An example is Tuscon. You go down to El Charo's, a Mexican restaurant that opened roughly 90 years ago. And you will find great tasting Mexican food not seen in Texas. Does this mean it's not original? In my opinion no, it's still original Mexican food just influenced by a different region of Mexico then us here in Texas. As a native born Texan, I'm raised on Tex Mex wich is my brand of food. In my travels I have noticed similar style Mexican food outside of Texas. So it's hard for me to honestly say Te Mex is better than say brand "X" in Arkansas since its about the same in my opinion.

Anyhow, Chinese food is good but I have to have some form of Mexican at least twice a week. I can go a month or two with Chinese food.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Indian>Greek>Thai=Mexican>Italian>McDonalds>Chinese

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#12]
happy family with beef fajitas,yum yum
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i love both,im wanting somebody to open up a restaurant that servers both!call it Pedro's Peking place

Nope...I think it should be called, "Pinche Chinos"   FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Mexican food is my very favorite.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Mexican.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jesus Yang's  

If I knew anything about that business, I'd open up a buffet with that name.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Mexican is way better than Chinese. Thai is better than both.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Taco bell all the way!!!  
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Mexican.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I've eaten mexican in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona and  none of the supposedly great mexican places I went to in Texas were in my top 5 mexican places to eat.  I'm not saying there isn't good food there but the poster who says only texas does it right is retarded.

There's a really great local place in Norman, Oklahoma called Tarahumara's.  It's always packed.  Even at lunch on a weekday there is a long wait and often no parking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd take Tex-Mex over Chinese. I really love some Orange Chicken though.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Mexican –– Highly fattening yummy food
Chinese (American style) –– Highly fattening OK food
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
mex for me. chi for the wife.

Same here. Chicks prefer Chinese for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If its in Texas, then Mexican.  95% of the rest of the country has no idea what good Mexican food is.

Gimme a fuckin' break!

There are honest to God real life Mexicans in every state and more than a few open restaurants. You can get authentic Mexican coast to coast if you know where to look.

No shit.   My little piss ant town of 12k has 3 authentic mexican restaurants.  Two out of the three are just shitty holes in the wall, cow brains and all.  Delicious.

Mexican > Chinese

I went to college out of state and everyone was always talking about how great this Mexican restaurant was.  So after a football game I am drunk and starving and we head over there.  What they served me was one of the most disgusting things I have ever attempted to eat in a restaurant.  When I wouldn’t eat it my friends looked at me like I was refusing to have sex with a willing Megan Fox.  They just didn’t get that what they thought was great Mexican food, wouldn’t have even been considered eatable to most Texans.

Yeah, it isn't like you can eat real Mexican food in California, Arizona, New Mexico, or Mexico.

When I was about 6 years old, my family would go to a Mexican resturant in Tecate, Mexico once a week for dinner. But it wasn't in Texas, so it must have been fake Mexican food.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I can find enough to eat on a Chinese menu but I LOVE Mesican food. And nothing beats fresh homemade.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Both
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy living in China

Born and raised in Arizona, yearning for Arizona (and not texas) Mexican food, eating delicious Chinese food.

Plus, an Arizonan can make decent mexican food *even in China*

I make my own tortillas sometimes, from scratch

I'm living in Guangdong, where food is the religion. They have some tasty stuff. Some god awful stuff, but the good stuff is goddamn good.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Chinese, by a long shot.

The only "Mexican food" (note the quotations) I can stand is Taco Bell.

Which I happen to love.

Daaaaaaaa!
That's not Mexican food. That's "Mexican Style" food. It's only good when you can't get "Real" Mexican food anywhere.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know how to find good mexican if you only go to places because people recomended the place to you. No, you don't do that for Mexican. You go and find a Mexican Grocery store that white people don't eat at. That's how you find a good Mexican place anywhere in America.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Chinese............I generally find that they're cleaner.

YMWV.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#33]
REAL Mexican food is better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Mexican.  You never know what they put in Chinese food.  

Oh wait..... Sorry, never mind.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i love both,im wanting somebody to open up a restaurant that servers both!call it Pedro's Peking place

Never heard of a MAC cafe? Mexican-American-Chinese?

Cheeseburger with a side of tacos and a bowl of kung-pao! No charge for extra grease!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#36]
My nickname at my last job was "taco".

I love Mexican food!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I do love both, but the edge definitely goes to Mexican food.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Mexican. Hands down.

<-part beaner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Mexican, but only if you use real mexicans in it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Chinese FTW! I really love their cream of sum yung chik!

BTW their food is better too!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There's a place in Phoenix called Chino Banditos which sort of does both, is pretty cool. Has a giant pancho villa panda.

Chino Bandidio

It's decent food - nothing spectacular.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top