Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 12:28:00 PM EDT
I have posted on here before about some of my friends living in Juarez and Reynosa, two towns that are being ransacked by Mexican drug cartels.  Some of these friends, who are just civilians have come to me for advice on purchasing guns that I know to be illegal under Mexican law.  These guns are for the defense of the lives of themselves and their families.

I am not selling the guns or ammunition, simply providing a sounding board or giving advice.  These people are patriots to their country and have no issues with their law enforcement or military officials, but do not believe that they can protect them.  I, personally do not have an issue with this seeing as I don't blame them for wanting to protect their families––and again I am not selling them the arms or seeking to provide a way that they can procure them.  Is this wrong of me to do?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
wrong morally or wrong as in you be in jail
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It is not wrong of you to do so.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]
morally I have no problem

I have no idea about the legalities and probably wouldn't take it any further than you have on the internet

"let your good deeds be done in silence"
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure 2 dudes "making a stand" against the drug cartels isn't a good plan for staying alive.

I'm all for defending one's self, but in such a situation it is probably not so smart.

Also, aren't guns under .30 cal legal in mexico or something?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
My ancestors were expropriated and kicked out of Northern Mejico for selling guns to counterrevolutionaries in the early 20th. Century.  Thank God they were!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
They can own pistol calibers up to .380 ACP and .38 special, and rifle calibers up to .30 caliber.  No "military calibers" such as 5.56 or 7.62.  9mm is illegal being a "military caliber".

ETA: I don't like what is going on down there.  One of my friends was telling of more stories of gangbangers in Juarez killing civilians with these same "military calibers" that are illegal under Mexican law
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If they kill someone from a drug cartel, they'll probably get thrown in jail.  Then the cartel will have them killed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure 2 dudes "making a stand" against the drug cartels isn't a good plan for staying alive.

I'm all for defending one's self, but in such a situation it is probably not so smart.

Also, aren't guns under .30 cal legal in mexico or something?

Yeah screw it, when they come for you just let them go ahead and kill you now and get it over with.

What are you stupid?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Those Patriots need to secure their weapons from a targeted drug dealer.  

Sometimes two wrongs do make a right.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Why dont they move to oregon. Plenty of room for them and they will blend in with all teh others here.. and they can get a Driver lic and free health care!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why dont they move to oregon. Plenty of room for them and they will blend in with all teh others here.. and they can get a Driver lic and free health care!

So, I see you are also a friend of Salad Fingers...

How's Marjory Stewart Baxter, Hubert Cumberdale and Jeremy Fischer these days?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top