Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 10:24:09 AM EDT
Rep. Raul M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.) may be emerging as a top contender to be Barack Obama’s secretary of the interior, according to sources close to the transition.

The Interior Department – which oversees federal lands, national parks and endangered species – has traditionally been headed by a Westerner.

Grijalva recently lambasted the administration for poor treatment of national parks and opposed President George W. Bush’s recent decision to allow coal mining in Arizona. The congressman also has introduced several pieces of legislation to restore and protect federal lands. And he’s supported global warming legislation and funding for renewable energy.

The Interior Department is expected to play a leading role in greenhouse gas regulation next year, an issue that some environmental groups say he could be instrumental in advancing.

An Obama supporter, Grijalva recently worked with New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and other Democrats to turn out the Hispanic vote in key Western states.

Grijalva is chairman of the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands – and was just tapped as the new co-chairman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

His spokeswoman had no comment on the possible Cabinet post.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15860.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy cow, wasn't this turd also a member of La Raza?

Check that, he was a member of Mecha.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/Grijalva-Raul.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, obama is nominating gun haters left and right for cabinet positions.

Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
OMG

This guy represents my district...

Quoted:
Wow, obama is nominating gun haters left and right for cabinet positions.

Color me shocked.

It's kind of interesting actually. I have a friend who wrote Grijalva's office on a regular basis. When he was applying for his C&R the ATF were dragging their feet pretty bad. My buddy tried calling etc. but to no avail. He gave Grijalva's office a call and the guy who answered the phone recognized his name. Asked if he was the guy that sent all the letters. Three days later the C&R showed up in his mailbox. Even though my buddy doesn't agree with Grijalva, and Grijalva doesn't agree with him, his office saw fit to help my buddy out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats cool but he will squash all concealed carry in national parks

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
great... more racist greentards in power, exactly the change we need.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
He's assembling the fucking Legion of Doom.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's assembling the fucking Legion of Doom.

Somebody needs to do a cartoon with fucking Body Odor driving a short bus with his tards hanging out the side windows.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thats cool but he will squash all concealed carry in national parks

Ban all firearms outside of hunting season.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
America is going to be in great shape 4 years from now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#10]
That is why it is imperative Bush and the current DOI enacted concealed carry in national parks before he leaves office
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That is why it is imperative Bush and the current DOI enacted concealed carry in national parks before he leaves office

Concealed carry in national parks is a dead issue, that dream ended Nov. 4.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Won't happen.  He's about as interested in the 2nd Amendment as he is the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendments.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
No it did not.

The current DOI is set to make a ruling on sometime after Thanksgiving

If they pass it, it will set up a showdown with Obama and the Blue Dog Dems in Congress

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No it did not.

The current DOI is set to make a ruling on sometime after Thanksgiving

If they pass it, it will set up a showdown with Obama and the Blue Dog Dems in Congress

There in nothing passing it is a rule and if in our favor that will be reversed starting Jan. 23, it is not legislation the Blie Dogs won't even raise a wimper over it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the new fascist United states of the Americas.  
Everyone he has appointed and will appoint is an activist - they want to rule by fiat, by decree.
This is no surprise - folks have been yelling this and hollering for the past year or so but apparently no one listened - or not enough.  Its in his books, in his speeches - the direct ones, not the ones where he was campaigning like a centrist when it looked like he wouldn't win.

Watch what he does:  These activists in these appointed positions of power are answerable only to him.  Think a liberal dominated Congress is going to dare call them out?  Nope.
They'll make life difficult enough, but as soon as the sheep get headed in the correct direction, according to him, the Executive Orders can be used to RE-DIRECT the rest of us.  Think anyone in the liberal dominated congress is going to review an Obama Executive Order?  Nope.  Could be seen as racist.

Give it one year and then look back and see what we have lost.  It will not take long - 1 year is a short span.

The only hope for the remains of our Republic is going to be the so called "conservative democrats" in Congress and the 2010 Congressional Elections.  
The United States is a resilient, powerful nation - but I honestly think if we don't balance the power in 2010, its over as far as pulling out of the dive.   Only thing then is looking for the right landing spot, if you get my drift.  The fight isn't over, but its just beginning and the end is not written.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
At least global warming is a lie.  

Folks...keep fighting these bozos.  The Constitution is your authorization document.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top