Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 7:55:21 PM EDT
I just have this strange feeling that there will be a rise in "Survivalist" type groups in the coming years. With a Black(ish) man being elected, and political divisions widening all the time, I see a rise in activity.
Unfortunitly what will be considered a Militia and demonized in the media will be our shooting pit get togethers, and most of us on Arfcom.
People are going out and buying up guns, preparing for a ban, and crackdown on liberty (which started long ago but anyways......)
And said people may start to levitate towards a survivalist mentality, as many did during the end of the Reagan, start of the Clinton presidency's.
Unfortunitly we'll all be lumped in with the skin head neo-nazi movement folks who just happen to share an interest in firearms. It's like that to some extent already........
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I predict we will be told this no matter the truth and that is actually not occurring.

Especially if Morris Dees needs a new boat or something
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
"Black(ish)"  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm...wasn't there a Bush in between Reagan and Clinton?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
well they won't be using  evil "black" rifles
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yea a white(ish) one

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No. Thats just what they want you to beleive................
What I meant was mid eighties to mid nineties.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's why I keep waiting to see who the chosen one pics for his AG.

Since he keeps picking Slick Willies staff from back when, I wouldn't be surprised to see Janet Reno in her old spot.

Please.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Since he keeps picking Slick Willies staff from back when, I wouldn't be surprised to see Janet Reno in her old spot.

He already picked Janet Reno's towel boy, Eric Holder.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
ibtl
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He already picked Janet Reno's towel boy, Eric Holder.

Damn, that job right there...*shudder*
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just have this strange feeling that there will be a rise in "Survivalist" type groups in the coming years. With a Black(ish) man being elected, and political divisions widening all the time, I see a rise in activity.
Unfortunitly what will be considered a Militia and demonized in the media will be our shooting pit get togethers, and most of us on Arfcom.
People are going out and buying up guns, preparing for a ban, and crackdown on liberty (which started long ago but anyways......)
And said people may start to levitate towards a survivalist mentality, as many did during the end of the Reagan, start of the Clinton presidency's.
Unfortunitly we'll all be lumped in with the skin head neo-nazi movement folks who just happen to share an interest in firearms. It's like that to some extent already........

pretty much and right then and there you're going to have to choose whether or not to give up your guns and submit to the norms of so-called civilized society or fight back and get back what rightfully belongs to you(your rights).
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Yup
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#14]
ME-TAL MIL-I-TIA!!!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
It's OK if Blacks and other minorities want to form groups such as the NAACP, Rainbow Coalition, etc. but if whites do it, it's a white supremacist hate group.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I want to become a militia Colonel.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I predict a rise in militia groups making the news.

"BREAKING NEWS: In a pre-dawn raid, the ATF and local law enforcement agents raided a hideout of a local area white supremacist militia group and seized an arsenal said to include machine guns, several hundred rounds of ammunition, a bb gun and materials used to make improvised explosive devices, as well as anti-government literature".

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I predict a rise in militia groups making the news.

"BREAKING NEWS: In a pre-dawn raid, the ATF and local law enforcement agents raided a hideout of a local area white supremacist militia group and seized an arsenal said to include machine guns, several hundred rounds of ammunition, a bb gun and materials used to make improvised explosive devices, as well as anti-government literature".

That could be any one of us.
Any of you guys have "Unintended consequences"??
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Meh, I already get lumped in with those retards because I own a gun and dress like a traditional skinhead.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Hell, I'm already a militia of one!  

Got an op scheduled for later today... movement to mustering location followed by tactical advance to the local hydrocarbon dispensing facility, a quick inventory of supplies on hand, disbursment of some OPTAR to obtain some paper-wrapped tobacco products, a coordinated retreat back to the mustering location followed by controlled arson of said tobbaco products while consuming beverages rich in alchohol and entertainment via electronic means.

And stuff.    Shit, I should put that all in a power point presentation to seem more "officer-ish"

Flag Admiral Storm6436
Commander,  COMNAVBACKYARD
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I went to a neighborhood watch meeting in 2001 where the local PD gave their "Terrorism Awareness" presentation.

They listed all the domestic terrorist organizations:

White supremists
Malitias
Religious fundamentalists
and MS-13.

They also said to watch out for people that quote the Constitution, and are "gun nuts".

It was amazing.  I'll see if I can find a copy of the presentaiton.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Make sure you have "Rainbow Flags" and "Obama Flags" everywhere:

Camoflauge youselves.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I shave my head

I am white as the driven snow

I am considered an ultra right wing nutjob (mainly because I live in relative isolation in the woods with guns)

I am already "lumped in"
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we need to start wearing Che shirts and put rainbow stickers on our cars!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget the "Free Tibet" and "Che Quevara" bumper stickers.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I predict that you didn't do a search on this topic before posting it.

It's been discussed at least twice before within the last couple weeks.

Edit: And I predicted this for months now anyway in other threads.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Got an op scheduled for later today... movement to mustering location followed by tactical advance to the local hydrocarbon dispensing facility, a quick inventory of supplies on hand, disbursment of some OPTAR to obtain some paper-wrapped tobacco products, a coordinated retreat back to the mustering location followed by controlled arson of said tobbaco products while consuming beverages rich in alchohol and entertainment via electronic means.

And stuff.    Shit, I should put that all in a power point presentation to seem more "officer-ish"

Flag Admiral Storm6436

You forgot the all important conspiring with other militia members on an internet home of white supremacists and right-wing extremists. Fomenting and hatching right-wing extremist plans and policies. Thank God for the Patriot Acts!

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flag Admiral Storm6436

You forgot the all important conspiring with other militia members on an internet home of white supremacists and right-wing extremists. Fomenting and hatching right-wing extremist plans and policies. Thank God for the Patriot Acts!

Sweet jesus! Sir, OPSEC! WTF, over?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I predict that you didn't do a search on this topic before posting it.

It's been discussed at least twice before within the last couple weeks.

Edit: And I predicted this for months now anyway in other threads.

I actually predicted it a year ago, but just didn't post it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Obama is the militia.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Hard to say....but a lot of people are arming themselves.  Right now the only new rifles Aim Surplus has in stock is their Dragunov type rifles.  No AK's, no AR's, no FAL's.  Some of those were bought by gun enthusiasts.  Some were bought by people who have no idea how to even shoot them.  A lot were bought by people who see something besides a ban on the horizon and want to be ready.

When you open up a copy of the Shotgun News, you see why a straight up ban of guns in America is laughable.  There's just too many of them, and more are coming in all the time.

We might not see a rise in actual "Militias" per se, but a lot of people are arming themselves, and I suspect it would only take a small spark for the shooting to start.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#33]
A gun ban impossible?

Impossible never stopped any .gov from trying, lol.

Canada?
Australia?

War on Drugs?
War on Crime?
War on Poverty?

Wait for the WAR ON GUN VIOLENCE!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flag Admiral Storm6436

Well there is not a subject here that hasn't been discussed many times already. Enough with this search nazi crap. If you don't find it interesting then don't post and rain on another's thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hard to say....but a lot of people are arming themselves.  Right now the only new rifles Aim Surplus has in stock is their Dragunov type rifles.  No AK's, no AR's, no FAL's.  Some of those were bought by gun enthusiasts.  Some were bought by people who have no idea how to even shoot them.  A lot were bought by people who see something besides a ban on the horizon and want to be ready.

When you open up a copy of the Shotgun News, you see why a straight up ban of guns in America is laughable.  There's just too many of them, and more are coming in all the time.

We might not see a rise in actual "Militias" per se, but a lot of people are arming themselves, and I suspect it would only take a small spark for the shooting to start.

perhaps there WILL be a shooting at my ex's school on the 25th like the threat (here) said. I think another high profile school schooting would be enough catalyst to start the bans

or this manufactured crisis biden is in on
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Now if we could just notice how many people are also buying gas masks or have bought them. People worried about gun bans don't buy gas masks.

:)

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want to become a militia Colonel.

u know, there never is a milita CSM..
Why?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I think you're right.  We'll be called the "white Al-Quida" they talk about on the news.

Here is a relevant article to peruse :
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/11/19/ideologues-call-for-post-election-militia-revival/
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I believe it is important that we not allow the term "militia" to become dirty. It is part of our national heritage, and part of the 2A.

If anything I'd like to see more militia's pop up, but in common situations, for example, rename the bowling team, clubs, singing groups, sports teams - anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top